Author Topic: Private Messages Broken?  (Read 1113 times)

nexxogen

• Bar, Montenegro
    • View Profile
Private Messages Broken?
« on: May 01, 2021, 02:16:25 AM »
It seems that the PMs aren't getting through. I've seen several people mention that they had problems with it and I myself have sent a few to people who always respond to me, and none of them have responded this time. Also, the email notifications haven't worked for a while as far as I know. Can this be fixed soon?

Also, I suggest introducing a section for topics like this because it definitely doesn't belong with the fruit discussions.

Kuhyay

• Zone 10a
    • San Diego, CA, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Private Messages Broken?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2021, 10:46:31 AM »
There have been a few posts about this. PMs, forum emails, and email notifications have been broken for some time. The mods haven’t indicated that this will be fixed.
Kenny

nexxogen

• Bar, Montenegro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2021, 03:47:26 PM »
So from now on, we just won't be able to send PMs, and that's it?

Kuhyay

• Zone 10a
    • San Diego, CA, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2021, 05:13:24 PM »
I’m not sure it’s even on their radar to be honest. I’ve tried reaching out, but with broken PMs there is only so much you can do.
Kenny

Triloba Tracker

• Psalms 104:14
    • USA, Middle Tennessee, Zone 7a
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2021, 02:09:53 PM »
oh man...i knew PMs were not notifying via email but they were still working at least until recently.

I wasn't aware they aren't working at all any more.

K-Rimes

• Santa Barbara
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2021, 02:18:59 PM »
Mine have been working fine.

Pedroboy

• USA,CA,Pacifica,9b-10A Sunset 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2021, 02:45:41 PM »
Hey Kevin -
Like you, I was a part of the group that put in an order w/ Raul for the P. Viridis he's been offering, but I asked him to hold off shipping until he could send his Garcinia seeds in the same package. That was all arranged without any hitches whatsoever - Raul always got back in a matter of hours, in fact.

Raul thought the ETA for the Luc's might run into May, so I've just been trying - without any success - to stay updated through PMs and TFF email links.  A couple of days ago I posted my email info on his original thread for the GS seeds in the hope that he'd check in - but nothing so far.

On the other hand, I've had several recent routine PM exchanges with other members here on matters unrelated. If it weren't for the growing number of folks writing in about this - and my own difficulty in catching up with Raul - it might not have even occurred to me that there might be a problem.

Just my two cents worth. Caught up with Raul recently? Hope things are OK on his end.

Best,
Chris

Kuhyay

• Zone 10a
    • San Diego, CA, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2021, 02:50:29 PM »
Hi Chris, I received an email update from Raul yesterday saying he should know about the lucs seeds next week.

Regarding the PMs, I’ve conducted some tests with a few members where I send a PM and have them check for receipt. About 40% don’t go through for me. I’m thinking it may be either timing related, or based on the location of the participants. Without looking at the server logs, there is no way to know. 
Kenny

spaugh

• San Diego County California
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2021, 04:39:50 PM »
If people are trying to message me and I dont respond its because I get overloaded or don't have what you want and just quit responding.  It seems like messages are coming and I try and respond to them all but sometimes its too much and I get 20 messages at a time and just can't respond to them all.
Brad Spaugh

Pedroboy

• USA,CA,Pacifica,9b-10A Sunset 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2021, 07:03:21 PM »
Hi Chris, I received an email update from Raul yesterday saying he should know about the lucs seeds next week.

Regarding the PMs, I’ve conducted some tests with a few members where I send a PM and have them check for receipt. About 40% don’t go through for me. I’m thinking it may be either timing related, or based on the location of the participants. Without looking at the server logs, there is no way to know.

Hey Kenny -
Good to hear. The only potential issue where my original order is concerned is that you made mention previously of the status of the jumbo Luc's. If those are unavailable I was just hoping to be able to ask him to apply the difference to my Viridis request.

Raulglezruiz

• Puerto Vallarta,Mexico. Lat 21.5 Semi Tropical
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2021, 08:34:39 PM »
Hi, for all who haven sent me messages sorry for delay answer after going three weeks ago to the jungle ready to pick loads of fruit I was shock when I didn't see a single one, then I went to another spot with good productive trees and there was nothing also, after three hours of back and forth all I found was a runt on the ground, don't know what could cause this problem maybe the January windy storm dropped off the flowers or climate change never happened this before in the 10 years I haven't been harvesting the fruits, after that day I started to feel sick maybe because if that original because I was recently coming back to the Gym and overtrained myself, however I felt very exhausted super tired and with a strong apathy for anything even for open social media and answering messages, now I'm feeling a bit better ill try to answer one by one the larger amount of messages I have,
About the Green sapote orange flesh is all I have, White is just an illusion now can't find it anymore as the seller told to my friend in Guatemala is like winning the lottery who knows when can be spot again, about the Luc's I haven't a friend who knows another area with trees 2 hours from the regular one, he was going to check if there's fruit there but he fell from a tree in his house some now he is getting better here said to go this coming weekend, I'll keep you posted 😃
El verde es vida!

nexxogen

• Bar, Montenegro
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2021, 01:00:49 PM »
Maybe we should create a shared Google Sheet where everyone could, if they wanted, write their forum nickname and their contact email address. It's not super secure, but at least it's better than posting emails directly in the forum.