Citrus > Cold Hardy Citrus

Rooting Prague chimera cuttings

(1/3) > >>

nullroar:
Does anyone have any successful experience rooting Prague chimera cuttings?

I've tried a variety of strategies - I don't want to graft it onto poncirus because I'd like these new plants to be on their own roots to test cold hardiness. So far, I've been unsuccessful.

poncirsguy:
plant seeds  much better test.

pagnr:
What techniques have failed ?
The common cutting methods ?
Are you covering the cuttings with a plastic bag etc , or misting or bottom heating ??
Are you using tip cuttings or section cuttings ? how long are the cuttings ?
Where is the failure ? i.e. whole cutting dies at once,
or does top stay alive but planted section rots ?
Do the cuttings die or just sit there and fail to take ?

Peep:

--- Quote from: nullroar on July 15, 2022, 09:01:43 AM ---Does anyone have any successful experience rooting Prague chimera cuttings?

I've tried a variety of strategies - I don't want to graft it onto poncirus because I'd like these new plants to be on their own roots to test cold hardiness. So far, I've been unsuccessful.

--- End quote ---

Do you think it will be more cold resistant on its own roots, compared to poncirus?
I've read some speculation that the prague roots might grow to be the same as poncirus roots, what do you know/think about that?

I have good succes with rooting poncirus, but haven't tried prague yet. I will probably try once my prague is bigger.

vnomonee:
I had a prauge cutting sit in coir for a year and it did not put out roots. It did callous, and surprisingly never dried up, I kept it watered obviously, but it never grew leaves.

I finally grafted the same cutting and it started growing leaves after the union healed lol

Someone in a different forum I follow mentioned air-layering working for them, maybe you can try that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version