Author Topic: Pineapple Guava Fruit for Sale  (Read 568 times)

elouicious

• Houston, Tx
    • View Profile
Pineapple Guava Fruit for Sale
« on: January 28, 2023, 11:37:26 PM »
$20 a pound + shipping

elouicious

• Houston, Tx
    • View Profile
Re: Pineapple Guava Fruit for Sale
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2023, 12:36:50 PM »

This is roughly a pound-

Bought from a local farm, wild trees so no known cultivars and a good amount of variety in the fruit but all delicious

3lbs this week- ships Monday Tuesday

first come first serve

My old flavor report

"They're guavas, they should be ripe when they smell good" and with a couple now falling off the tree near me I tasted these ones and they are quite amazing. Its a very unique flavor that is not exactly the combination of pineapple and guava. When I first started eating them I thought they were good but not that amazing but then I noticed that they had that lychee-esque quality where once I started eating them I just wanted to keep going- I wouldnt put these on the level of mangosteen, but they are really good, and I am going to plant some more at the property in Houston

brian

• Pennsylvania (zone 6) w/ heated greenhouse
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2023, 03:03:22 PM »
I'll take a pound, I've always wanted to try these.  SMing you

D-Grower

• United States, Florida, zone 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2023, 04:23:26 PM »
Pineapple guava are pretty tasty. If you haven't tried them definitely give them a go. Hopefully I'll get fruit on mine this year. I finally got them in the ground so I would think so. The large local bush I harvested from got chopped down this year. What a shame! Was a cultivar worthy of naming if it wasn't already a named cultivar. I don't know if it was since it was along a roadside on the edge of a property of people I've never met. Apparently they didn't want it or didn't know what it was.
Trying to grow it all!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk