Author Topic: **YANGMEI** new variety LATE BIQI *GRAFTED* tree Myrica rubra  (Read 488 times)

RevivalR00ts

• US, CA, Corona, 9b
    • View Profile
**YANGMEI** new variety LATE BIQI *GRAFTED* tree Myrica rubra
« on: January 28, 2023, 01:27:48 PM »
I had a biqi listed on eBay but just cancelled and relisted because I found out there was a mix up and what I have is actually a LATE BIQI which has never been offered before.

Not to be confused with the Biqi that is going around

The tree is grafted, established and of nice size.

LATE BIQI variety info:
This is a late-maturing variety selected from biqi from the Yangmei Research Institute of Yuyao City and the Horticulture Institute of Zhejiang Academy of Agricultural Sciences. It was named by Mr. Wu Gengmin, a famous expert at Zhejiang Agricultural University. The trees are strong, the branches and leaves are lush, the crown is round-headed, the leaves are large, 9.3 cm long, 2.7 cm wide, and the leaves are thick green. The fruit surface is purple-black, rich in luster, shiny and beautiful. Strong sweetness, good taste, dense flesh, good storage and transportation. The average weight of single fruit is 13 grams, soluble solids is 13.9%, and 95.6% flesh. It is excellent quality for fresh eating and processing. It has great yield with consistent quality. Ripens at the end of June and the beginning of July, which can extend the harvest season with biqi. It has strong drought tolerance and can be planted in the mountains at higher altitudes to take full advantage of its late maturing. It is one of the best varieties for fresh eating and processing. It is resistant to high temperatures and droughts . The yield of 6-year-old trees can reach 36 kg, and the yield is high and stable.

Thanks for your support!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/234876801931?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=Hijf86pGS2K&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=Hijf86pGS2K&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

hammer524

• USA, Arizona, Phoenix, 9B
    • View Profile
Re: **YANGMEI** new variety LATE BIQI *GRAFTED* tree Myrica rubra
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2023, 02:55:06 PM »
This seems like a Monopoly card of "bank error in your favor". great looking tree

RevivalR00ts

• US, CA, Corona, 9b
    • View Profile
Re: **YANGMEI** new variety LATE BIQI *GRAFTED* tree Myrica rubra
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2023, 03:17:44 PM »
This seems like a Monopoly card of "bank error in your favor". great looking tree

Ha yes! I’m so happy that means I have added a new variety to the collection.