Author Topic: Looking for Cainito, Caimito, star apple scion wood.  (Read 639 times)

marklee

• Chula Vista, California Zone 24 or 10b
    • View Profile
Looking for Cainito, Caimito, star apple scion wood.
« on: April 01, 2021, 10:46:31 PM »
Hi,

I'm in need of some scion wood of bigger Cainito fruit, like the Asian varieties, either of purple or green or both. I don't want scion wood from seedlings, only grafted or air layered plants or a tree that is fruiting already. So if you have a big tree that can handle losing some pencil sized scions I'm willing to pay. I know Frankies in Hawaii has a nice big purple cultivar. So if you live over there and can buy some from him, then I would pay you for your work to obtain some.

Thanks, Mark

palologrower

• Honolulu, HI, US, Zone 12B
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Cainito, Caimito, star apple scion wood.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2021, 11:30:39 PM »
Hi,

I'm in need of some scion wood of bigger Cainito fruit, like the Asian varieties, either of purple or green or both. I don't want scion wood from seedlings, only grafted or air layered plants or a tree that is fruiting already. So if you have a big tree that can handle losing some pencil sized scions I'm willing to pay. I know Frankies in Hawaii has a nice big purple cultivar. So if you live over there and can buy some from him, then I would pay you for your work to obtain some.

Thanks, Mark

Unfortunately he stopped selling scions due to the pandemic.  But if you know the variety lmk. Maybe can source

palologrower

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2021, 11:31:32 PM »
How many you need?

marklee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2021, 12:31:15 AM »
Thanks for answering Lance, I need at least 10-20. I was going to fly over there and try ahead of time to call them and get them to airlayer stuff for me and just barefoot the plants, but this covid thing is a mess. When I was over there a few years ago he had one which produced some good sized fruit.

Mark

palologrower

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2021, 03:15:29 AM »
Thanks for answering Lance, I need at least 10-20. I was going to fly over there and try ahead of time to call them and get them to airlayer stuff for me and just barefoot the plants, but this covid thing is a mess. When I was over there a few years ago he had one which produced some good sized fruit.

Mark

Let me see what I can find

marklee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2021, 06:52:16 PM »
Thanks Lance

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk