Author Topic: My Ornamental Peach trees  (Read 3036 times)

ClayMango

• MangoHunter
    • Zone 9B Ca
    • View Profile
My Ornamental Peach trees
« on: March 19, 2015, 02:16:19 PM »
Heres a picture of my huge side yard that was once a clay hill.... Here I have 2 red Barron Peach trees in bloom and one Saturn Peach tree finishing its bloom...I have row of rose tree bushes on the edge which will have a Blue Berry bush hedge creating a border along side it when my plants mature one day... I have multiple variety Ice plants that are filling in the slope as well...if you look close you can see my Cherimoya that barely survived the 26 degree winter lows we had... 3 other moyas died,but my deliciousa may pull through....looking to put my other moya in to fill this slope including 3 Paws Paws when its all said and done.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 02:31:02 PM by ClayMango »
Thinking about joining a Fruitaholics anonymous support group...Fruit addiction has taken over my life!

Msilva

• East Bay Area, CA
    • View Profile
Re: My Ornamental Peach trees
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 09:17:50 PM »
I've wanted a Saturn peach tree, they are so yummy!

ClayMango

• MangoHunter
    • Zone 9B Ca
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 10:56:56 PM »
They taste Amazing!!!!
Thinking about joining a Fruitaholics anonymous support group...Fruit addiction has taken over my life!

michsu

• Hacienda Heights, CA (Southern California, Los Angeles)
    • View Profile
    • Pictures of my trees.. nothing fancy
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 10:47:48 AM »
good luck with your peaches ClayMango!! The ones I have are the Belle of Georgia peach (that's flowering/fruiting a lot this year too) and the Red Haven peach..how does your varieties taste? Is the Barron peach a white or red peach? My dad has a Saturn (donut) peach too and it fruits almost every year.. He doesn't take care of it much so probably that's why not every year.. Oh, which of your cherimoyas didn't make it through the winter? I thought you had protected all of them already in your other post.. or were those only the mangos?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 10:53:53 AM by michsu »

ClayMango

• MangoHunter
    • Zone 9B Ca
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 02:51:26 PM »
good luck with your peaches ClayMango!! The ones I have are the Belle of Georgia peach (that's flowering/fruiting a lot this year too) and the Red Haven peach..how does your varieties taste? Is the Barron peach a white or red peach? My dad has a Saturn (donut) peach too and it fruits almost every year.. He doesn't take care of it much so probably that's why not every year.. Oh, which of your cherimoyas didn't make it through the winter? I thought you had protected all of them already in your other post.. or were those only the mangos?

Careful, do not confuse the Donut Saturn with the regular Saturn...2 Different varieties.

Red Baron and Saturn are both yellow/ Red peaches with some blush. very juice and tasty.