Author Topic: Drip irrigation over, under or through the mulch?  (Read 7393 times)

FruitFreak

• USA, FL, Naples, 10a
    • View Profile
Re: Drip irrigation over, under or through the mulch?
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2018, 01:50:21 PM »
Im using shrubblers and spot spitters just because I have the materials but would prefer something that will promote a healthy root trajectory.  Also big big benefits of precise drip is weed mitigation and if you want to fertigate

Yup! I use drippers for my vegetables for these two reasons.

I've also started experimenting with spot spitters. One nice feature of the Primerus spot spitters is that you can reverse them and plug your 1/8" hose if you move/remove/lose a plant, and then reverse it again to turn it back on when you need it again.

Im pretty familiar with spot spitters and they are very useful for container or nursery applications however I'm considering replacing most of mine in the orchard.  They install with ease however they get clogged all the time (even with a filter at the manifold).  They are not the best option for deep watering of planted trees.  Most of the water is lost to wind and evaporation.  If the "spot spitter" concept is what youre looking for I would seriously suggest using Maxijet nursery pot stakes.  They are a much better design and have a stop plug.  FYI spot spitters at my local irrigation supply house are about $20 for 100 blacks.
- Marley

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk