Author Topic: Where to buy fresh White Sapote and Abiu  (Read 1026 times)

JoeP450

• Mahaha Chinook
    • Palm City FL
    • View Profile
Where to buy fresh White Sapote and Abiu
« on: May 28, 2021, 01:04:44 PM »
Hey Forum,

Looking to buy some fresh fruit of white sapote and or abiu to eat, any help with tracking these down is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe

ucf.nikolas

• enjoy life :)
    • Broward, 10b
    • View Profile
Re: Where to buy fresh White Sapote and Abiu
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2021, 03:11:49 PM »
If anyone is selling abiu I would be more than interested and excited!
Never tried so even one fruit would be fine for me!
located in Broward county...

JoeP450

• Mahaha Chinook
    • Palm City FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2021, 04:15:16 PM »
Same here, it’s been a while since I’ve had white sapote, but I have been unable to track down abiu 🤷‍♂️

-joe

SilverSapote

• United States, Central Texas, 8b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2021, 10:52:47 PM »
I've seen white sapote posted on Etsy for the past two years in a row around mid-summer. Last year I bought 3.5lbs for $37.90 in late July.
Abiu I've only seen available for pre-order on MiamiFruit. Apparently the waitlist is so long, you may end up waiting a couple years before your order is fulfilled.

If any private abiu sellers are reading, jot me down as someone else who is very interested in buying some.

Vernmented

• Starry Nursery/Plant Hoarder/Zone Pusher/Biochar Enthusiast
    • USA, Florida, Sarasota, 9B/10A
    • View Profile
    • Starry Nursery Instagram
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2021, 11:26:47 AM »
I mean how much are we talking per fruit? I normally just eat all my abiu and sell the seeds at a reasonable price here. I would have too charge some outrageous price to make it worth it and both abiu and white sapote seem like nightmares to ship.

I've seen white sapote posted on Etsy for the past two years in a row around mid-summer. Last year I bought 3.5lbs for $37.90 in late July.
Abiu I've only seen available for pre-order on MiamiFruit. Apparently the waitlist is so long, you may end up waiting a couple years before your order is fulfilled.

If any private abiu sellers are reading, jot me down as someone else who is very interested in buying some.

Did the $37.90 include shipping? Was it a flat rate box or something else. Was the fruit beat up or did it ripen properly. Mangos are super easy and that's why everyone is doing that.
-Josh

SilverSapote

• United States, Central Texas, 8b
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2021, 03:12:10 PM »
I mean how much are we talking per fruit? I normally just eat all my abiu and sell the seeds at a reasonable price here. I would have too charge some outrageous price to make it worth it and both abiu and white sapote seem like nightmares to ship.

Did the $37.90 include shipping? Was it a flat rate box or something else. Was the fruit beat up or did it ripen properly. Mangos are super easy and that's why everyone is doing that.
Shipping was included; USPS priority mail. Fruit all ripened properly and within days after receiving.

socalbalcony

• California, South OC, 10B
    • View Profile
    • IG
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2021, 11:37:50 PM »

Not sure if I agree with mangos being easier to ship than white sapote, I've had white sapote shipped to me and I have shipped it myself several times, most will pick a bit earlier than usual and sometimes it arrives near ripe or will ripen in 2-5 days.. perhaps it depends on the variety but I've picked white sapote so early that it took two weeks+ to ripen and the taste was still very sweet and custard-y. Always USPS flat rate box 2day. Meanwhile I've had mangos shipped to me a bit too ripe and not packed well enough and they suffered some slight casualties.

I can see abiu being a tougher one but I know miami fruit ships it generally without any problems.. I would also be interested if any abiu sellers are out there..

I will keep this thread in mind later when/if my friend asks me to sell some white sapote for him..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk