Author Topic: Loquat Seeds For Sale - SHIPPING  (Read 1206 times)

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
Loquat Seeds For Sale - SHIPPING
« on: April 21, 2022, 09:40:44 AM »
 ---------------------------------------------------

See my update below for seed status, 5/18/22

---------------------------------------------------
I have many loquat varieties on my multi-grafted trees, over 70 different varieties on one tree.

I like to plant the seeds from my best tasting fruits but lately I have been planting hundreds from my this tree and which ever seedling looks healthy I grow out until it is large enough to fruit. The other seedlings I use as rootstock for grafting in a few years. These loquat seeds grow like weeds, even if you just throw them in your yard with no special care.

I'm planning to do the same this year, I had over 30 varieties that fruited so many of the seeds have been cross pollinated with these named varieties. You will not find this many cross pollinated varieties any where else.
I wanted to get a feel for any interest in buying my seeds from this tree.

Here's what I'm thinking for these seed sale:

1. Only open to forum members with at least 1 year membership.
2. Loquat Seeds, quantity=10 for $5
3. Shipping cost = $10, USPS priority mail, small box
4. Total Cost is $15
5. Only one order per forum member.
6. Shipping to lower 48 states.
7. No other quantity requests taken, I do not sell one seed or 100 seeds to any one member. This is so other loquat lovers can try and grow some new varieties that they can name and spread around in this forum community to share with others. The Imperiale loquat is a good example of one of the best tasting seedling from Italy. It is also one of the largest fruit this year on my tree.

If I get at least 10 people who are interested in these seeds then I will make an Advance Sale List for the seeds.

Some background on how the seedlings will turn out. I have been growing my seeds out and in 8 years, I had 21 seedling trees that I let grow up to have fruits, most start to fruit in 4-7 years. Out of my 21 fruiting seedling trees, I had 16 that were as good or better than the parent tree. In fact, some of my top tasting loquats are my seedling trees when I compare the taste with named varieties. Currently I have 3 seedling trees which have been fruiting and these tastes better than all but a few named varieties (Avri, Sunset, Imperiale).

Please post your comments if you are interested in purchasing these seeds mentioned. I will be removing/cleaning the seeds from all the fruits next week, then planting them if there is no interest...

Here's some seedling trees which have great tasting fruits or is a standout fruit:

« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 06:15:59 AM by sc4001992 »

Kevin Jones

• Alabama - USA
    • View Profile
Re: Loquat Seeds For Sale???
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2022, 09:54:08 AM »
Hi Kaz,
Count me in please.
I might as well make the deep dive into Loquats too.
Thanks...

Kevin

TnTrobbie

• runs with pruners
  • ZonePusher has a spot for that.
    • 10b + 9b FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2022, 01:35:18 PM »
I'm interested as well.

The fruits I got from you last season were amazing and got me interested in Loquats immediately.
The Earth laughs in flowers. And bear gifts through fruits.
No where to plant it ...but at least I got it. ;)
F*ck squirrels and deers

Surfmatt

• FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2022, 01:52:16 PM »
I have about 10-15 seedlings of your line up last year and I'm pretty excited about seeing the variations down the line.

D-Grower

• United States, Florida, zone 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2022, 02:17:41 PM »
Got seeds from Kaz last year. Have bunches of trees to see how the fruit turns out in a few years. Grew other seeds from local trees that aren't anything special for grafting but I'm tempted to see the fruits on all the seedlings from Kaz.
Trying to grow it all!

Elopez2027@aol.com

• USA, New York City
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2022, 02:28:22 PM »
Hey, I would be interested. They’re so delicious. Question?
Will it be a mix and match(you show so many pics) or a specific one?

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2022, 02:47:43 PM »
Elopez, I will not be identifying the seeds, to much work for me. Instead they will all be the good seeds from the fruits that are good tasting. I do not use any fruit seeds from bad or average tasting loquats. The average seeds I just throw in the garden and let it grow with no help.

But, to make things interesting, I will be including (and label) one special seed from either the Imperiale, Peluche, or China White fruit so you can get one that is from a known variety. The Imperiale loquat is a keeper and is from Italy so very rare here in the USA and is worth the $5 by itself. I will label these special seeds and randomly pick one to include as a gift in each order.

The Peluche seed should also be interesting to see if the seedling will have large fruits, and the China White is one of the best tasting white flesh fruit I have tasted (besides my white flesh seedlings).

Updated description/restrictions of the sale above...
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 06:29:24 AM by sc4001992 »

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2022, 03:28:54 PM »
Ok, I made a list of the different varieties on my tree that had fruits this year so you can see which ones cross pollinated these seeds I will be providing..

There were 47 different varieties that fruited for me on my multi-grafted tree this year so the cross pollination should be interesting to see how the seeds will come out.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 06:34:38 AM by sc4001992 »

SouthBayHapaJoe

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2022, 05:00:11 PM »
Kaz,
Count me in!
Joe

eg

• israel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2022, 05:11:57 PM »
If can ship internationally will be interested also

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2022, 06:39:16 PM »
No international, only lower 48 states that allow seeds to be shipped..

Kevin, Yes ! Glad I converted you to grow these excellent tasting loquats. It is one of my favorite fruits I grow.
Now that I have been eating a lot of Atemoya give to me from a friend, I will need to focus more on my cherimoya/atemoya grafts and hand pollinate so I can eat from my own trees. Did you see these large atemoya fruits I got, and he gave me lots of scionwood which I grafted to my trees now..
https://tropicalfruitforum.com/index.php?topic=47075.msg457472#msg457472

Is a brix of 18 good or are they sweeter than this one?

« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 06:30:09 AM by sc4001992 »

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2022, 06:40:34 PM »
Ok, if I get 3 more people interested in the seeds then I will sell them next week..
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 10:30:14 AM by sc4001992 »

Pau

• California
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2022, 10:49:13 PM »
Count me in! Ready to make history with legendary seeds.

manfromyard

• USA, Ga, 8a
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2022, 11:31:27 PM »
I am interested as well. Hopefully you get a few more..

12Zodiac

• Los Angeles
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2022, 12:06:50 AM »
I’m in as well. I’ll pay the full $15 and you can ship the seeds along with my scions.

Madridje

• Unites States, CA, Los Angeles,10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2022, 12:19:25 AM »
Please count me in too. 8)

Tiff

• Redlands, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2022, 09:15:12 AM »
I am interested also.  Thanks.

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2022, 10:17:06 AM »
Ok, since there are enough people, I will save the seeds to sell as mentioned above. I'm glad there are some people who like to grow new varieties from seed. Some seedlings can fruit in as little as 4 years, but most of mine were 5-6 yrs old when they had fruits. I just reviewed my list of seedling trees (27 trees over 4yrs old, 21 fruited) and here's my statistics on the good ones (Keepers). I have 16 out of 21 that is good or better than the average named varieties (parent tree), so 76% are good.

Right now, I have picked all the best fruits to eat, and will pick the rest of them from my large multi-grafted tree this weekend. I will remove/clean the seeds sometime next week after I cut down my two large loquat trees (Vista White and KT1-Kosmic). So maybe by the first week of May, I will send PM messages to all of you that have replied here on this post to make the payment and will ship them out. As I mentioned, the special seed gift (1 seed) will be labeled (Peluche, Imperial, China White, Sunset, Avri) and included in each order. The special seed gift will be picked randomly from a box I will put these labeled seeds as I put your package together for shipment. Don't ask me for any specific one to include, I will close my eyes and randomly select it.

I'm also trying to take some Brix reading on some of the varieties but was not able to do so to all the fruits since I just purchased the refractometer a week ago.

I will not be selling these seeds to anyone else unless I have extras after filling the orders of all of you who have replies to this post.

I will close this post now so no more new advance orders, thanks.

Kaz
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 10:27:52 AM by sc4001992 »

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2022, 10:18:21 AM »
OFFER is CLOSED now.

Not taking any more advance orders. I will be deleting this post at the end of the month.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 10:31:08 AM by sc4001992 »

MotherofDragons

• US, Inland Empire, Zone 9a
    • View Profile
Re: Loquat Seeds For Sale??? - CLOSED
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2022, 01:32:21 PM »
Color me devastated. I missed this AND the mulberries!! Making a note to check this forum in April. Super awesome for those who got in on it, and leaving this here on the off-chance you reopen this amazing opportunity.
It's always a good day when you get to plant a tree.

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2022, 03:19:04 PM »
Latest Update [ 5/12/22 ]:
=================

Ok, I have removed and cleaned all the seeds that I will be selling to those who are on the advance list above.
If you are still interested in buying them then send me a PM message and you can get the info to make the payment now.

I will ship each order as you make the payment after I confirm I have seeds for you.

No new orders so please do not send me message to order some if you are not one of the people who replied to my interest above. Only one order of seeds per member.

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2022, 03:21:23 PM »
If there are more seeds left after I fill these orders, then I will post it here for others to order/buy what is left.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 12:22:43 PM by sc4001992 »

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2022, 01:31:35 PM »
Here's the list of people who asked to order the seeds. I will wait until Monday for those on the list to send me a message to pay for the seeds. I can ship out the seeds on Monday.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 01:37:34 PM by sc4001992 »

Pau

• California
    • View Profile
Re: Loquat Seeds For Sale - SHIPPING
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2022, 03:54:12 PM »
Pm sent

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2022, 04:59:05 PM »
When you message me and I confirm your order, please provide your shipping address in case it changed from what I may have from prior shipments to you.

Thanks,
Kaz

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2022, 05:42:43 PM »
 =========================================================================

In addition to the seed offer above, since I have been asked if I could sell some specific named loquat fruit seeds, I will make the following available. This shipment can be combined in one package so you can get them with the order above (save on shipping cost).

These named variety seeds are very limited, and only one order from the list below per member. You can only order one of the varieties listed, not one of each. For example, if you order the Peluche then you can not order any other variety listed. I tried to pick some of the best tasting varieties, other excellent varieties did not have enough fruits to share seeds so will not be included here (maybe next year).

1. Only open to forum members with at least 1 year membership, and have ordered the above seeds offered.
2. Big Jim, quantity=5 for $5.
3. Vista White, quantity=5 for $5.
4. KT1-Kosmic, quantity=5 for $5.
5. China White, quantity=5 for $10.
6. Peluche, quantity=5 for $10.
7. You can order only one (item 2-6) of the above choice.
8. Shipping to lower 48 states.
9. No other quantity requests taken, or other varieties that are not listed.

This offer is only while supply last. Do not pay for seeds without getting my confirmation first. I will not sell it to anyone who pays without sending me a message and I confirm that they will get the seeds requested and can make the payment.

One comment about loquat fruit Brix. I have been trying to record the brix of many of the loquat varieties I have tasted this year (47) and the brix value ranges from 10-29. The top 3 highest Brix was from my seedling tree fruits. So it does pay to grow these seedling trees. I will not be selling any cuttings or seeds from my top seedling trees this year but next year I will try to share some seeds or cuttings of my varieties that have brix of 23-29 (super sweet).

I will be making a table of loquat fruit brix in my other posts later this month so you can see how your favorite loquat compared to others.

==========================================================================
« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 06:17:10 AM by sc4001992 »

Elopez2027@aol.com

• USA, New York City
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2022, 10:26:23 PM »
Pm sent

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2022, 11:16:19 PM »
FYI, there was a question to me about how to store the seeds for 1-2wks before planting them.

Once you receive your loquat seeds, they will stay fresh for a long time, many weeks if you put the seeds in a cup and add water until the seeds are completely covered. Check the water since it may get stale in 3-5 days, then just pour the old water, rinse the seeds and put new water back in. I usually put my seeds in a clear plastic cup on the countertop and leave them their for weeks before I remember I need to plant the seeds. I have very high germination on all the fresh loquat seeds, sometimes to many seedlings so I just pick out the strong plants to keep.

For shipping the seeds, they travel fine in moist paper towel in a plastic baggie. It will last for 5-10 days in this packaging. Or the other option (if you can get it) is to use moist vermiculite and put it in a plastic bag with the seeds. It will last weeks in this packaging. I had some seeds that started to root in the bag when I forget that I had some extra seeds in a bag for 2 months.

I'm buying some vermiculite so if it comes before I start shipping out seeds on Monday then your seeds will be packaged in a small plastic bag with moist vermiculite.

Elopez2027@aol.com

• USA, New York City
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2022, 09:45:24 AM »
You are…The Loquat Whisperer. Thanks for the generous info.

MotherofDragons

• US, Inland Empire, Zone 9a
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2022, 11:43:41 AM »
Can you share what your average germination timeline is? I did loquat seeds a few years ago and can't find my notes. I've seen 2 wks to 3 months quoted.
It's always a good day when you get to plant a tree.

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2022, 12:05:48 PM »
Sorry, really have not been keeping track to that detail. When I planted hundreds of seeds (500) in a kids plastic swimming pool (6ft diameter, 1 ft tall), the entire pool was dense with seedlings, I had to dump out the seedling once they were 1 year old and only keep the stronger/largest seedling since I didn't have enough pots or room to plant the rest. Loquat seeds are one the easiest to grow, low maintenance just water so that the soil does not dry up.

All I can say about timeline is it will usually take longer than a few months, sometimes 6 months for it to grow out from the soil. Once it does, it grows quickly. I grow them in a large community tub so the entire soil will lift up as the seeds germinate and new leaves emerges. You do need to take some care when the new leaves/sprouts grow since it will get damaged by direct sun if you don't keep an eye on them. I think once the seeds germinate, it would be good to move the pot to a partial shade location until the new seedlings are acclimated to the sun. After that, no special care is needed, just water when the soil is dry and you will have many loquat seedlings in one year. By the second year the seedling is large enough to graft over or let it grow up and plant them in the ground for super fast growth. By year 4-6 the tree should be old enough to start to fruit. I had 5 new seedling trees this year that fruited for the first time. I found 4 out of 5 seedling trees had better than good fruits. My highest Brix reading this season came from a new seedling tree that is 6 years old, first time fruiting, brix =29 (wow !!!, got be a record).
« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 12:13:45 PM by sc4001992 »

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2022, 02:14:40 AM »
Here's the latest update on seed orders below.

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2022, 09:37:56 PM »
All seeds were shipped out to those shown in the table below:

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2022, 09:39:17 PM »
I will take new orders for seeds from any forum member now.

Send me a message first and I will confirm I have the seeds you want, then make the payment.

Kevin Jones

• Alabama - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2022, 09:46:30 PM »
Thank you Kaz for making these seeds available.
I am certain is was a considerable task!

Kevin

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2022, 09:51:54 PM »
The part that takes the longest is to cut each fruit, then clean the seeds. I will still have a few thousand seeds left after I sell these seeds so I will probably plant them in large community pots. It will be interesting to see how the Peluche seedlings do in a few years. My first Peluche seeds from last year is starting to grow up so I will keep an eye on these. This year the Imperiale loquat seeds will be my special seedlings for me to track growth.

Kevin Jones

• Alabama - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2022, 10:38:00 PM »
It's delicious work.
I would be eating the fruit and spiting out seeds like a machine!
I envy you.

Kevin

jaboguy888

• Florida 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2022, 11:55:09 PM »
PM sent

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2022, 06:14:33 AM »
Update, all paid seeds have been shipped, see table below.

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2022, 06:19:58 AM »
I will send messages of reminder to the following members:

-> SouthBayHapaJoe
-> Manfromyard
-> Madridje

This will be the last call, no more seeds for sale after this week.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 07:01:25 AM by sc4001992 »

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2022, 06:48:54 AM »
Sorry Matt, you seeds will go out today.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 07:01:06 AM by sc4001992 »

Kevin Jones

• Alabama - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2022, 07:58:03 PM »
Hi Kaz,
Loquat Seeds received and planted... Thank You!

Kevin

Pau

• California
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2022, 09:22:23 PM »
Any lucky person got the imperiale? Thanks for seeds kaz!

12Zodiac

• Los Angeles
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Today at 04:28:06 AM »
Any lucky person got the imperiale? Thanks for seeds kaz!

No such lunch.  I received the Peluche which I already have a tree. I wish Kaz would make the Imperiale seeds or scions available. Nevertheless I shouldn’t be complaining since it a nice gesture from Kaz. Thanks Kaz.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk