Author Topic: lychee tree sick need help  (Read 856 times)

fishfullthinking

• Boca Raton
    • View Profile
lychee tree sick need help
« on: April 30, 2022, 05:07:22 PM »
Hi,

Our lychee tree is abut 10 years old. It has not produced any fruits yet. Today I noticed bunch of strange things on
the leaves of the tree and I am not sure what is causing it on how to treat it. Looks like there may be some kind of
living bugs in the back of the leaves.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Gene

« Last Edit: April 30, 2022, 05:23:00 PM by fishfullthinking »

Gulfgardener

• Panhandle 9a
    • View Profile
Re: lychee tree sick need help
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2022, 07:12:35 PM »
Lychee Erinose mite. Please contact your extension office about it but you should prune off the branches and burn them before it spreads.

Galatians522

• Florida 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2022, 07:17:07 PM »
Pictures 1,2, & 4 are the lychee erinose mite. It is a bad pest that was just introduced to Florida in the past 3-4 years. When it showed up in Brazil lychee production dropped 70%. Picture 3 is leaf notching from root weevils.

simon_grow

• USA, San Diego, CA, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2022, 01:43:51 AM »
You should contact the DPI (Division of Plant Industry) hotline

1-888-397-1517

Please watch this video for more information

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B0z3Vo66E5U

Simon

fishfullthinking

• Boca Raton
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2022, 08:04:29 AM »
Guys,

Thank you very much.

Really appreciate the help.

fishfullthinking

Julie

• Miami, FL, Zone 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2022, 12:39:13 PM »
I went through the free treatment program through the state yet my lychee tree still has the LEM pock marks on the leaves in a few places.  Is there a solution to living with this disease or does my precious tree need to be removed? In places where they have LEM (Australia, Hawaii), people still have lychee trees, so is there a solution to control LEM and keep it down without it being eliminated completely? So sad, this is a 9 year old tree that only produced for the first time last summer.

Galatians522

• Florida 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2022, 11:57:26 PM »
I went through the free treatment program through the state yet my lychee tree still has the LEM pock marks on the leaves in a few places.  Is there a solution to living with this disease or does my precious tree need to be removed? In places where they have LEM (Australia, Hawaii), people still have lychee trees, so is there a solution to control LEM and keep it down without it being eliminated completely? So sad, this is a 9 year old tree that only produced for the first time last summer.

You can spray sulfur yourself when you have noticeable levels of infestation. I believe that is how it is managed in Australia.