Author Topic: ‘Deep Purple’ variety ilama seedling  (Read 665 times)

Fleep

• United States, Texas, Dallas
    • View Profile
Re: ‘Deep Purple’ variety ilama seedling
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2022, 12:07:12 PM »
The ones I’ve had in that color had an amazing flavor! I’ll take that one over the white fleshed or light pink varieties any day. I’m not sure if it’s a regional name where I’ve had those but they would call those in particular anona Caribe or something like that. The skin also has a purple tone like the flesh, at least the ones I’ve seen.

Bob407

• Isla de Bieke, PR 12b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2022, 12:18:34 PM »
The ones I’ve had in that color had an amazing flavor! I’ll take that one over the white fleshed or light pink varieties any day. I’m not sure if it’s a regional name where I’ve had those but they would call those in particular anona Caribe or something like that. The skin also has a purple tone like the flesh, at least the ones I’ve seen.

They are quite good. This type has a grey/powdered blue skin. The flesh turns deep purple and is hard to distinguish from grape jelly around the inside of the peel. Another unique feature is that when opened and placed in full sun you can watch the color change rapidly.
Life is good

Bob407

• Isla de Bieke, PR 12b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2022, 12:22:48 PM »

I have white flesh types that can easily compete with and surpass some colored flesh types. When I was in Oaxaca I had a chance to try around eighty different types. Only the best out of those are being offered.
Life is good

victory66

• USA, Florida, Ft. Lauderdale,11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2022, 05:20:18 PM »
Apparently sold. Interested in future offerings.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk