Author Topic: Hapajoesnursery.com is open! Brazil seeds are here Special Duguetia sale!  (Read 2324 times)

SouthBayHapaJoe

• View Profile
https://hapajoesnursery.com/

After many months of expeditions and explorations and soft openings I am ready to open my new store. I was having difficulty finding and sourcing quality viable seeds, so I decided to go find them myself. With the increase in Airline tickets and gas, I will have to take a break from exploring for a while and recoup investment. I spent way too much money looking for my favorite fruit... Duguetia stenatha! However, I was fortunate to secure more seeds to offer. In order to celebrate the grand opening I am offering a special on

Duguetia stenatha (My favorite fruit from Colombia. Tastes like brown sugar and praline with a moist candy corn consistency) Buy 2 get 1 free!

Some items I only have a handful of seeds to offer. Inventory is accurate and once sold out, thats all the seeds that I will have for sale.
New additions
Annona deceptrix
Annona dolapretela
Annona Leptopetala
Annona Neolaurifolia
Annona neoseriacea
Annona nutan
Annona rugulosa
Annona sp Black
Duguetia sp yellow maranjao
Annona tormentosa
Annona ubatubanensis
Bunchosia maritima
Campomanesia simulans
Duguetia stelechanta
Duguetia marcgraviana
Eugenia burkatiana
Eugenia caipora
Eugenia observa
Eugenia punicifolia
Jatoba
Manikara Bella
Manikara subcericea
Myrcia Sp
Passiflora gigante
Passiflora sp
Plinia edulis
Pouteria sp Amazon Canistel
Psidium grandifolium var. albidum
Psidium sartorinum
Psidium sp AUSTRALE
Psidium sp creme gigante
Randia ferox
Pouteria Camito

https://hapajoesnursery.com/

hammer524

• USA, Arizona, Phoenix, 9B
    • View Profile
Just placed an order, very excited. Best of luck with the website.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 04:54:57 PM by hammer524 »

RevivalR00ts

• US, CA, Corona, 9b
    • View Profile
Killin' It!!

socalbalcony2

• OC, 10b
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Joe is now in that exclusive group of one of the few individuals who can say he's walked the walk and literally gone to the jungles to source legit seeds and support the local economies there, on-top of that he's just a cool guy, you won't regret making a purchase!

SouthBayHapaJoe

• View Profile
Hammer,

Home from vacay and got your order. Super excited to get these seeds to you and will go out first thing in the morning. Lucuma should do good in your location. It was the only outdoor pouteria that didnt defoliate. These were semi moist and large and very tasty! The inga vera have already germinated. Happy growing my friend.

Thanks for the props Jeremy and SocalBalcony. We need to hang out soon! Beach and Fruit party!

Tropical Sunshine

• Coastal TX, USA zone 9B (down to zone 8A during a freak freeze!)
    • View Profile
We got an “Indiana Jone” of the fruit world on TFF!
Nice website HapaJoe. Hope you know that you are leaving a legacy for many fruit lovers from the states and beyond. When I first gain an interest in food forests, I did not know what a biriba/lemon meringue pie fruit was. Boy, time has change; Now almost everyone and their grandmas living in the tropic to the subtropic wants a lush, productive biriba tree in their backyards. Thanks again!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 01:24:08 PM by Tropical Sunshine »
Teach a man to fish, and he will be able to catch fish for life.

Teach a man to nurture plants, and he will be able to eat durian, soursop, mangosteen, papaya, rambutan, and guava fruits for life!

hammer524

• USA, Arizona, Phoenix, 9B
    • View Profile
Hammer,

Home from vacay and got your order. Super excited to get these seeds to you and will go out first thing in the morning. Lucuma should do good in your location. It was the only outdoor pouteria that didnt defoliate. These were semi moist and large and very tasty! The inga vera have already germinated. Happy growing my friend.

Thanks for the props Jeremy and SocalBalcony. We need to hang out soon! Beach and Fruit party!

My 3 gallon lucuma kinda got beat up by our heat a couple weeks ago. Agreed it does do very well here just want backups in case.

TropicalDoc

• Papa’aloa HI
    • View Profile
Very nice website!

I had a question about the Duguetias…do you know if you can get fruit with just one tree? With me and tropical seeds so far, I seem to have not great germination rates…that’s why I ask. Thanks!

elouicious

• Houston, Tx
    • View Profile
Great website!

one quick note!  the banner at the top reads

Fresh exotic rare seeds from around the world ship direct from our Califotnia USA location.

I assume you have not seceded and formed the republic of Califotnia  :P

SH

• South Korea
    • View Profile
Fresh seeds arrived! Some of D. stenantha seeds already have crack on its coat, which may be sign of germination. I treated D. stelechantha with GA3, this may promote germinaton

sooperken

• USA, CA, Central Coast, Zone 9a
    • View Profile
Just placed an order.  Good luck with your store.

Draak

• East Bay Area California, zone 9a/b
    • View Profile
I got my seeds from Hapa Joe a couple weeks ago. Thank you!!! :)

TropicalDoc

• Papa’aloa HI
    • View Profile
Didn’t know if you saw my question- are Duguetia species self fertile?

MasonG31

• Southern California Zone 10b
    • View Profile
PM Sent. Thanks

SouthBayHapaJoe

• View Profile
Duguetia species should be self fertile as the flowers form both male and female parts although at different times just like other annona. However with that being said. I cannot say for certain as I don’t know of anyone with a fruiting Duguetia species in the USA.

TropicalDoc

• Papa’aloa HI
    • View Profile
Oh yes that makes sense. It will be interesting to see. My marcgraviana has germinated, which I’m overjoyed about as I had bought some of those from tradewinds a while back and they never did anything.  Still waiting to see what the stenathas do, fingers crossed on those. 

Thanks for the info!

SouthBayHapaJoe

• View Profile
That is awesome! I just got reports of others germinating their Duguetia marcgraviana so I went and checked my stash and half have germinated already as well. I am so stoked! I just got a report from Brazil that the stenatha seeds from this lot are germinating now. So that means about one more month and we should start to see some action.

Giant Gecko

• USA,NC,Welcome,7
    • View Profile
Great seeds from Hapajoes! Received seeds around June 24. This is the first to sprout yesterday only 1 month later, a Psidium australe. I placed the Psidium seeds in hot water to speed up germination around 140F then just let it cool naturally to room temp and soak for 1 day. The seeds were then placed in a barely damp folded paper towel inside a plastic ziplock bag. This time of year I put them in a shaded spot outside so the temp fluctuates. Check once a week and if germinated I pot them up individually in 3”W 8”D seedling pot. 

« Last Edit: July 24, 2022, 12:31:24 PM by Giant Gecko »

kalan

• FL Broward Zone 10b southwest ranches
    • View Profile
Just ordered - website looks awesome, offerings are broad, and prices are fair - especially considering your Grand Opening bonus!
Looking forward to watching you new business grow!
Keith

IceCreamBeanFruit

• So-cal
    • View Profile
I like that he's expanding the selection of fruit and I hope it continues to grow. I visited him 3 months ago and bought 3 seedlings which I put in partial sunlight under the edge of a guava tree and they're doing fine.

(I bought 2 kinds of jaboticaba and one abiu. He warned that the abiu might not survive the winter where he lives, but I think my nightly temperatures are a few degrees warmer in my city. I'm planning to initially put the seedling in an unused aquarium during the winters since it's cold sensitive. Later if it makes it and gets more mature I want to see if I could grow it in a 25 gallon plastic pot on the cement in here in socal.

I'm guessing I might be able to keep it just warm enough if I covered it in an insulating plastic bag during our mild winters, while taking care to monitor the weather for cold spells. (I might also mulch a little and even insulate the side of the pot.) I don't think most people would go to that much trouble though.

SouthBayHapaJoe

• View Profile
David, thanks for the update! I am so excited that you got yours to sprout, but of course you got great advice for the fruit guru himself! Frutas raras.  I’m taking yours and his advice.
Keith. Got the order  going out in the morning. ThanK for the positive words.

Ice cream: that’s awesomeness every thing is doing well.  I’ve also heard of people bagging and using Christmas lights as a wrap around trunk to keep warm. I’m still determined to find the one Abiu that will make it though the winter.

Giant Gecko

• USA,NC,Welcome,7
    • View Profile
Yes sir translator from Portuguese to English is my friend. I was wrong on hot water temp for soaking it is around 165F which is also the safe temperature for cooked chicken.