Author Topic: FL Trip Fundraiser for Jaboticaba45 (rare tree sale) price reduction!  (Read 2282 times)

Jaboticaba45

• Check out TN Tropical Fruits!
  • Tropical Fruit Tree Connoisseur
    • Chattanooga TN 7b
    • View Profile
Re: FL Trip Fundraiser for Jaboticaba45 (rare tree sale) price reduction!
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2022, 03:24:27 PM »
So hows the trip going dude?
Great! Heading home now.
Visited 10 people/nurseries/collectors. The car is laden with all sorts of goodies…If I’m up for it I’ll do a write up if what happened.

W.

• United States, Alabama, 7b
    • View Profile
Re: FL Trip Fundraiser for Jaboticaba45 (rare tree sale) we chilling
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2022, 03:56:56 PM »
Well I don’t know how this thread derailed into fl be ca citrus, but thanks for the help everyone!

I love how this thread, started by a teenaged citrus hater, about selling jaboticabas to fund a Florida trip to buy mangos, has turned entirely into a citrus thread of adults talking about how it was "back in my day." That'll show you, you whippersnapper! ;D

Glad your trip went well.

Victoria Ave

• Riverside CA zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2022, 05:04:41 PM »
From someone who grew up in SoCal when Orange County still had orange groves and Riverside and San Bernardino counties were the epicenter of the citrus industry (remember Sunkist?) and who has lived in SoFlo since 1988 when there was still a huge citrus industry in Florida (and o.j. was part of everyone's breakfast), anyone who knows produce knows that California oranges have always been superior to Florida oranges, that is indisputable--sweeter, more colorful, better textured, and way more flavorful.  Yes, Florida has always had good grapefruit, tangelos, and tangors.  I'm sorry that rainman never had the good fortune of tasting good California citrus but instead had the bad fortune of eating a few lousy pieces of fruit and made up his mind accordingly.

I hope you're enjoying Florida, Jabo!

As horribly off topic as this has gotten I just want to chime in that as someone who lives in Riverside surrounded by historic protected orange groves and a mile one way from UCR citrus research station, and a mile the other way from the mother navel citrus tree I have never had better oranges than the ones I can pick from the old groves on my Winter walks. I do fear that HLB will come to these old beautiful groves, and it’s crazy watching UCR constructing a Noah’s arc of citrus trees to house the species psyllid free

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2022, 06:22:48 PM »
Going off topic is the nature of good discussion even on a topical thread.
When someone claims the earth is flat, naturally/hopefully there is going to be some push back on that nonsense, or the forum is dead.

Glad you had a fun trip dude!
I struck out at tropical acres as well. Squam where you at OG.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk