Author Topic: Hilo Buddha Sugarcane - 1 gal  (Read 602 times)

HalcyonJon

• USA, Maryland, Baltimore, Zone 7a
    • View Profile
Hilo Buddha Sugarcane - 1 gal
« on: July 24, 2023, 01:53:50 PM »
Greetings!

I have been growing and propagating Hilo Buddha sugarcane for about 5 years now.  It is a beautiful variegated varietal with barrel-shaped nodes that originates from Papua New Guinea, but is now grown mostly in Hawaii.  It is considered an heirloom varietal to the best of my knowledge, though that term seems a bit subjective as far as sugarcane goes.

These are very well-rooted Hilo Buddha sugarcane plants in 1 gallon pots.  They  are ready for immediate transplant to a 3 or 5 gallon pot, or into the ground.  Alternatively, the top could be cut along with several nodes; both could be propagated immediately and the pot will continue to thrive.  Grown organically, they have been outdoors in full sun since May.  I first rooted the cuttings last August and overwintered them indoors.

Plants are $30/ea plus shipping from Maryland.  One is co-planted with Physalis Peruvianus (Cape Gooseberry or Goldenberry) for $5 more.  I prefer to spray Neem oil 24 hours prior to shipping.  1st pic (straight line) from late June, second is from last week, and the third is my mother plant from last season.  DM me and  I'll let you choose your plant, if you like :)

« Last Edit: July 24, 2023, 09:34:38 PM by HalcyonJon »

WizardsTree

• Hobe Sound, FL
    • View Profile
    • Wizard's Tree Nursery & Design
Re: Hilo Buddha Sugarcane - 1 gal
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2023, 12:19:15 PM »
PM Sent!