Author Topic: Let's talk Turkey. What's everybody's fungicide program ?  (Read 585 times)

CarolinaZone

• USA,NC,7B
    • View Profile
Let's talk Turkey. What's everybody's fungicide program ?
« on: December 02, 2022, 11:54:17 AM »
Last year i had a lot of success with my fungus susceptible plants by using a system fungicide. Even my blighted quince trees seem to be making a comeback. Btw Karps sweet is not that sweet but it does resist pine rust. My plan is to proactively douse the quinces, apples, pears and the mangos and probably the persimmons too. I had some kinda nasty on my sugar apples but neem knocked it out.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2022, 12:10:22 PM by CarolinaZone »

K-Rimes

• Santa Barbara
    • View Profile
Re: Let's talk Turkey. What's everybody's fungicide program ?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2022, 12:29:47 PM »
I try my best to use Serenade or Southern AG natural fungicides - both of these use different types of bacillus and I'll apply them as a spray for blight or that sort of thing, and occasionally as a drench. Often I'll do both. It seems to work. I've pulled a lot of plants back from the dead with these treatments.

Beyond that, I just try to stay way ahead on nutrition and I note that most trees can outgrow adverse conditions if the feeding is optimal. If I see the tree is diseased in spots I'll cut those parts off and take them elsewhere and I'll try to remove the leaves from the soil if they drop there.

Galatians522

• Florida 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2022, 01:07:28 PM »
Maintaining sufficient Phosphorous is especially important to helping plants fight off fungus. We noticed a marked improvement in plant health when we started using Mono Potassium Phosphate on our Blueberries. Its a non-organic water soluble powder like miracle grow (only it has no nitrogen). Sulfur (microthiol disperss specifically) has seemed to help with powdery mildew on mango and can be labeled organic. My Dad likes Oxidate (which is also labeled organic I believe). We also used Aliette once when we had a bad outbreak of stem blight in our blueberries. As I recall, it stopped it dead in its tracks. Make sure to rotate fungicides whatever you do to prevent build up of resistance. It is also good to apply microrizae after fungicide applications.

K-Rimes

• Santa Barbara
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2022, 01:48:40 PM »
Maintaining sufficient Phosphorous is especially important to helping plants fight off fungus. We noticed a marked improvement in plant health when we started using Mono Potassium Phosphate on our Blueberries. Its a non-organic water soluble powder like miracle grow (only it has no nitrogen). Sulfur (microthiol disperss specifically) has seemed to help with powdery mildew on mango and can be labeled organic. My Dad likes Oxidate (which is also labeled organic I believe). We also used Aliette once when we had a bad outbreak of stem blight in our blueberries. As I recall, it stopped it dead in its tracks. Make sure to rotate fungicides whatever you do to prevent build up of resistance. It is also good to apply microrizae after fungicide applications.

Blueberries have been by far the most challenging plant for me with diseases and management. I've since given up on the latest bout of fungal issues and I'm going to let them die. Too much work in my climate and with my horrendous PH.

elouicious

• Houston, Tx
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2022, 12:18:23 AM »
IIRC Chamomile is naturally antifungal- works pretty well for seed mat outbreaks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk