Author Topic: Selling fresh kwai muk seeds - usa  (Read 2044 times)

monkeyfish

• tampa bay
    • View Profile
Selling fresh kwai muk seeds - usa
« on: November 16, 2022, 02:44:28 PM »

Selling fresh kwai muk seeds, only to the 50 states plus territories.

10 seeds - $15
   30 seeds - $30
   60 seeds - $50
   100 seeds - $70
   150 seeds - $90
   200 seeds - $105

Price includes first-class shipping in a padded mailer with tracking.

Seeds will be removed from ripe fruits, cleaned, packed in moist, sterile medium and shipped the same day.

Payment via paypal or zelle. PM for details.

Gulfgardener

• Panhandle 9a
    • View Profile
Re: Selling fresh kwai muk seeds - usa
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2022, 03:30:20 PM »
pm sent

Amy K

• FL zone 8b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2022, 04:16:13 PM »
I keep hearing about this fruit. How does it taste?

monkeyfish

• tampa bay
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2022, 01:38:43 PM »

Sorry I don't know how to describe the flavor. I would compare it to apricot largely, with hints of citrus and strawberry.

kittycatus

• USA, VA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2022, 01:46:45 PM »
Any  chance of selling the fresh fruit so we can try?

BayAreaMicroClimate

• Dublin, California 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2022, 04:20:29 PM »
Oh yes I’d love to order fruit. Florida orders usually ship pretty fast to me

roblack

• Miami, FL 11A
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2022, 04:22:28 PM »
I'd love to order some fresh fruit as well.

Lucifermonkey

• West Palm Beach - 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2022, 04:38:20 PM »
Pm sent 😃

JF Paso

• Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2022, 10:51:26 AM »
I'd like to order fruit as well!

Lucifermonkey

• West Palm Beach - 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2022, 11:15:49 AM »
Pm sent, thank you! 😃

alan

• SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2022, 06:03:34 PM »
pm sent

Rex Begonias

• USA, FL/Brevard, 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2022, 10:20:49 PM »
Awesome!  Did you fruit it there in Tampa area?

monkeyfish

• tampa bay
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2022, 06:48:37 PM »

To those requesting fruit, these must ripen fully on the tree, once picked the ripening stops, under-ripe fruits are inedible, when picked ripe they are quite delicate, so shipping these would be difficult even in the best of circumstances.

Secondly, these fruits do not keep for long. If I place a ripe apple, orange, mango, plum, grape or kiwi on the kitchen counter, one week later there would likely be very little change in its appearance.  Not so with kwai muk, these would begin to get moldy after just a couple days. So shipping would need to happen quickly, like overnight.

Next, when bringing a package to the post office, they always want to know if the parcel contains anything fragile, liquid, perishable or potentially hazardous. In the case of kwai muk, to answer no would be a violation of law, potentially subject to prosecution, even though the likelihood of that may be minute. To answer honestly, that the content is both fragile and perishable, would likely preclude shipping via first-class and priority. FAA regulations would allow for ground transit exclusively, which tends to be substantially slower, not to mention more expensive in some cases. My experience is limited, but recently it cost me like twenty bucks to send a 1.6 ounce bottle of perfume across a few counties to Miami. First-class would only have been five dollars, if I had been willing to lie about the contents.

Given all that, the best of circumstances would be small trees with lots of fruit in mid-season, which would allow for a careful and adequate harvest. What I have is a single, large tree which had a very small crop this year, and now its the tail-end of the season.  I went outside to take a gander, I was able to spot just four ripe fruits currently, there is one small fruit about 15 feet up, the three larger ones are at about 25 foot in elevation. It might be possible to get an extension ladder positioned between the maze of branches, but I think it would be more trouble than its worth.  To use some sort of picker on a pole would almost certainly damage the fruit and render it of little value other than immediate consumption and/or harvest of seeds.

As it is, the ripe fruit fall from the tree and splat on the ground. In a famine situation, I would pick off the leaves and twigs that get embedded and rinse off the smaller debris and be be thankful for something to eat. Otherwise, these fruits mostly go to waste. Last year was a bumper crop and I was able to pick a substantial quantity of fruit from the step ladder, so that was worthwhile, but most of the fruits were out of reach and ultimately went splat.

I've had more than a few requests for fruit, so this explanation is to convey that I'm not just being uncooperative or difficult, to transport these would really be a challenge. People want to contend that 'well I had somebody send me these one time and all went well, so I don't understand your problem', and I want to forestall any such arguments. To me its simply not worth the effort. Now if somebody nearby wants to come to my location to sample the fruits, I'd have no problem with that, I'm not averse to sharing, but the fruits are few and far between, and they won't persist much longer. I do anticipate being able to fill orders for seeds over the course of the next two weeks or so, then this window will close until next year. I do welcome comments and questions, but would hope to avoid all contention. To those who bought some seeds already, they will ship after T-day and you will be notified with tracking, thanks.

monkeyfish

• tampa bay
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2022, 06:50:34 PM »

Hey Rex, yes, I'm in unincorporated pinellas near safety harbor, about two miles from the bay.

roblack

• Miami, FL 11A
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2022, 08:05:14 PM »
Thanks for the info and explanation monkeyfish. I agree with you, sounds like a lot of trouble and not worth it.

What is your take on the flavor of kwai muk?

monkeyfish

• tampa bay
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2022, 09:30:26 PM »

Rob, I mentioned that I'd compare the flavor to apricotish with hints of strawberry and citrus, that's the best I can do with my uneducated palate, and I do enjoy the taste of them if that is the question.  Going back five or six years, the flavor then was a bit on the tart side for my preference and the fruits often mis-shapen, now the fruits have gotten larger and sweeter and develop nice and round.   The tree is about fifteen years old.  So for those growing this, do not be too quick to judge quality.

Adacaosky

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2022, 03:48:41 PM »
PM sent
✌🏽

monkeyfish

• tampa bay
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2022, 03:33:58 PM »

To those expecting seeds, they are in transit.

Sorry for the delay in reporting, My mango tree chewed through the wires coming down from the power pole, with the help of hurricane Ian. Finally got that identified and resolved.

Emirza24

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2022, 11:39:31 PM »
Are the seeds still available! How long do they stay viable for?

Filozophr

• Royal Palm Beach
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2022, 06:04:32 PM »
seeds still available? Still viable
Feel free to pm me if you have any ANNONACEAE for sale‼️

Paul Hollis

• Bermuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2022, 07:10:24 PM »
seasons greetings, I would like to purchase 100 seeds from you if available. I can pay via Pay Pal.

regards,

Paul Hollis