Author Topic: "Passiflora-quadrangularis Challenge"  (Read 3665 times)

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
Re: "Passiflora-quadrangularis Challenge"
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2023, 12:51:03 AM »
very nice, good to see you had so many that is growing.

Epicatt2

• Fruit forest in progress . . .
    • Tampa, FL / Zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2023, 01:31:36 PM »
UPDATE#2: Just as a further update and since I earlier reported that I was out of the race this year because the cuttings that I received I thought had all turned brown and died, but . . . . .

Today, just by accident, I found two that, while they had turned mostly brown, have gone ahead and popped a node and are growing — Halla-Loo!

But because these two are only now just getting started and are so behind all the rest of the folks in this competition that for me to compete at all then it would have to be next year –maybe.

Nonetheless it is heartening to have discovered that these two survivors, tardy though they may be, are growing after all! 

Wow — What survivors!!

Cheers!

Paul M.
Tampa — 9b
==

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2023, 02:29:25 PM »
Glad to hear the good news.

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2023, 04:44:26 PM »
Any more updates on the rooted cuttings?

I have some bad news on my large vine, it died, probably to much stress when I cut it back so much. Or it could have gotten broken in the main trunk area and I didn't see it. Either way, my large vine is dried up and dead now so my Pomelo can grow strong again.

Lucky for me I had the 2-3 cuttings I started in water to show how to root them so I can start over with those plants now.

So, hope your cuttings are doing well, you may be the only one to have this unknown variety and can give it a name when it has the first fruit, hopefully next year.

vnomonee

• Zone 7a northeastern NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2023, 06:34:28 PM »
two of my cuttings are growing like crazy now that they are inside my grow tent with supplemental lighting. its humid and warm in there, guess they like it. i will post pics later

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2023, 08:27:30 PM »
That is good to hear. Yes, please post a photo of the plant.

Pneuma

• Dont Panic its Organic
    • 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2023, 10:16:54 PM »
Moved mine inside after getting beat up testing different sun exposures couldn’t find the sweet spot outside yet. 

"Flowers always make people better, happier and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul.'
-Luther Burbank

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2023, 10:57:25 PM »
Your plant is growing nice.

vnomonee

• Zone 7a northeastern NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2023, 06:02:53 PM »
Here's the cutting. I was sick with covid for the first time ever so was not able to water anything for 10 days, it's still alive lol. The smaller one not pictured looked almost too dry, but I watered it and it should make a full recovery. I lost a few plants, or appear to have lost some. My mexican guava, pineapple guava, some cherimoya, and some random citrus look a little dead.

not to go off topic but my guava did no fair too well not being watered all that time.
when i bought it, it was labeled mexican guava. but after 2 years the fruit is still disgusting, so im not too mad as the fruit tastes like rotten tomatoes.

i chopped it back pretty heavily, so if it resprouts I will probably graft over it with something better.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2023, 06:12:00 PM by vnomonee »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk