Author Topic: Night shift self-serve Pickers traversing Pine Island!  (Read 891 times)

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
Night shift self-serve Pickers traversing Pine Island!
« on: July 08, 2023, 08:45:58 AM »
Looks like someone's on duty being proactive.

Is there a Dunkin' donut on the island? Might get faster response time
« Last Edit: July 08, 2023, 09:01:29 AM by bovine421 »
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

achetadomestica

• FLORIDA 9b
    • View Profile
Re: Night shift self-serve Pickers traversing Pine Island!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2023, 09:20:34 AM »
My friend's Pickering got stripped this week. He lives close to LaBelle on the river.
His tree is barely visible from the road

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2023, 10:54:14 AM »
The cartels have arrived in Florida!
John

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2023, 11:28:18 AM »
Understand why Hans would be patrolling his fence line at night. I've seen him post photos of his Brangus. Can't have Poachers Pickers and Cattle rustlers cutting your Barb Wire. Good thing he has a cool head because those fellows crossed the lead line
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

shot

• usa fl bokeelia 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2023, 01:53:38 PM »
Dam they are crazy this is a bad place to be trying that guns per household is like 12+

roblack

• Miami, FL 11A
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2023, 02:06:17 PM »
I was chasing a squirrel off with a BB gun (Red Rider), and guy snatched a mango off the fence line. When I confronted him, forgot I had faithful RR in hand. The fear in his eyes was palpable.

Epicatt2

• Fruit forest in progress . . .
    • Tampa, FL / Zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2023, 11:44:40 PM »
I was chasing a squirrel off with a BB gun (Red Rider), and guy snatched a mango off the fence line. When I confronted him, forgot I had faithful RR in hand. The fear in his eyes was palpable.

Must've been a heartening sight to behold!

Serves that mango poacher right!!

Paul M.
==

Pneuma

• Dont Panic its Organic
    • 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2023, 12:10:22 PM »
wtf is wrong with some humans come on folks, what happen to earning your fucking keep.
seems like a death wish to be acting that way in FL.  Id keep the dogs out on patrol keep them thieves away 
"Flowers always make people better, happier and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul.'
-Luther Burbank

shot

• usa fl bokeelia 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2023, 01:27:10 PM »
Few times i caught them i made them pay 2 to 3 times what the fruit were worth.If i was in a bad mood their feet left the ground.

roblack

• Miami, FL 11A
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2023, 01:38:11 PM »
wtf is wrong with some humans come on folks, what happen to earning your fucking keep.
seems like a death wish to be acting that way in FL.  Id keep the dogs out on patrol keep them thieves away

Stealing shit arrived immediately after earring one's own keep.

Motion activated cams with speakers are useful, if you are growing anything you care about. Dogs help. Good relationships with neighbors, and good communication can help.

I want a motion activated drone, that both alerts me and harasses intruders while I mobilize. Special programming and catapult mechanism for dealing with disrespectful dog walkers would be nice as well. 

Kind of like with mosquitoes, no one approach will reasonably deal with the multitude of potential sources of pesky intruders,.

shot

• usa fl bokeelia 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2023, 02:06:25 PM »
Relationships with neighbors is very important example neighbor notified me of intruders in front of my grove at 1:30 am and we both dealt with them.This year their is nothing to take!

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2023, 03:29:02 PM »
Relationships with neighbors is very important example neighbor notified me of intruders in front of my grove at 1:30 am and we both dealt with them.This year their is nothing to take!
Well I sort of disagree the Toyota van from the beginning of the thread had a sign that said puppies for sale. I surmise that his code for dognappers. Which is a for real issue in our society today. So maybe by day they are on Pooch Patrol and night time fruit Scavenging. They may have eyeballed Han's Cur dog a twofer fruit plus pooch. Aquillafruitsville Familia business syndicate
This is a stab at humor of a serious situation🙂

Fiddler

• Florida 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2023, 03:56:48 PM »
C'mon people! Can't you see "diversity is our strength?" Just because "refugees" arrive illegally from all over the world with no respect for private property that we take for granted in western civilizations , why must you be so mean? Don't they have a right to strip your trees in the middle of the night and sell the fruit at flea markets? Don't you believe in Capitalism, free enterprise, and pulling yourself up by the bootstraps? Didn't your Irish, English, Italian, and German ancestors do the same thing? Stop basking in your "privilege" and join the world community!

shot

• usa fl bokeelia 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2023, 05:01:22 PM »
They tried to arrest me for assault when I jack those two guys!The responding sheriff "ex marine" said John they could of had a gun,then laughed at the two guys.Sheriff lived about 500 feet from me!
 These young dudes found out some of us older guys are iron.

Galatians522

• Florida 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2023, 10:11:21 PM »
They tried to arrest me for assault when I jack those two guys!The responding sheriff "ex marine" said John they could of had a gun,then laughed at the two guys.Sheriff lived about 500 feet from me!
 These young dudes found out some of us older guys are iron.

Well, we wouldn't want you to be shot...Wait, you are shot.  :o  ;D

My boss always tells me, "Don't ever mess with us old guys. We live with pain, we don't play around, and prison doesn't scare us very much because we aren't gona live much longer any way."

spaugh

• San Diego County California
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2023, 11:30:56 PM »
Thieves makes great fertilizer. 
Brad Spaugh

Julie

• Miami, FL, Zone 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2023, 09:29:42 AM »
lol.  I have several fruit trees on my front yard but they aren't producing yet.  I think a front yard fence is the best way to defend against fruit thieves.  That's what I want to do, though I will need to put a new roof on my house in the next 5 years so no $ for a front yard fence now  :(  :(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk