Author Topic: Wangoes and Wild Mangoes (Mempalam, Pentadra, Zeylanica, Tenom, Laurina..) Miami  (Read 608 times)

roblack

• Miami, FL 11A
    • View Profile
Hello Fruit Friends!

I have a collection of wild mango and Wango seedlings that can let go of.

Wangoes are hybrids of m. Indica (mango) with wild mangoes (mango cousins, different species). These seeds are from choice selections made by Dr. Richard Campbell.

The crushed leaves of the wangoes are either citrusy or spicy. Very nice. I know some have crossed with OS. I would keep most/all of these if had the room.

60 for larger trees (m. Zeylanica, Tenom, Wangoes) These seedlings are from 2021 or 2022 fruits. 

50 for medium trees (Pentandra, wild mangoes, and Wangoes) These are 1 or 2 years old.

30 for small wangoes and mempalam. These are either fast growers, or from last year.

20 for extra small mempalam.  These are from spring 2023.

Large trees are in 3 gal pots, and/or are around waist high.

PM if interested. 

Also, will sell and ship some small mempalam and wango seedling trees to a select few forum members. Will post a thread soon, when I get enough free time to deal with shipping.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2023, 09:51:35 AM by roblack »

nofspeppers

• New York, 7B
    • View Profile
What is the fruit typically like?

roblack

• Miami, FL 11A
    • View Profile
What is the fruit typically like?

Here's a thread with some info on fruits:

https://tropicalfruitforum.com/index.php?topic=47199.0

Gotta check to see which Wango varieties are available, but this will give a general idea.

roblack

• Miami, FL 11A
    • View Profile
Large Wangoes are almost all gone.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2023, 09:10:34 AM by roblack »

roblack

• Miami, FL 11A
    • View Profile
Still have some Wangoes and wild mango seedlings for sale. Local pickup preferred, but I could ship some mempalam and smaller Wangoes if interested, just lmk.

nullzero

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
Great guy and tropical fruit enthusiast. I got a Wango this weekend. It looked beautiful and very healthy.
Grow mainly fruits, vegetables, and herbs.

roblack

• Miami, FL 11A
    • View Profile
Great guy and tropical fruit enthusiast. I got a Wango this weekend. It looked beautiful and very healthy.

Thank you very much! It is great to meet forum members in person, no one ever looks or is as imagined, lol. Happy to share some rare genetics, excited to try some fruit in the future.  If the leaf crush test and parentage mean anything, you should have a tasty variety on your hands.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk