Everything Else > Tropical Vegetables and Other Edibles

Diseased Parsley

(1/1)

toadshade:
Perhaps I need to find another forum for this kind of question, but I belong to this one so if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate the help.  I am trying to find out what is happening to my Italian Parsley.  It is inside under a powerful grow lamp along with all my other prospering herbs and some tropical plants.  Being inside has its own host of problems.  As you would see in the photos, I had a minor whitefly problem and you can see the dead flies on some of the leaves.  I suppose it is possible this is my problem, but I really don't think so.  There was never any telltale infestation on the leaves compared to obvious issues with other specific plants.  I was thinking Celery Mosaic Virus or Anthracnose as my best choices but I still don't think it looks like this.  I want to remove the parsley and just replace it, but I need to know what this is before I plant another one.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Nick C:
Could be the insect problem. My pepper transplants were hit with mealy bug while getting them started indoors last year. The leaves had very similar issues.

toadshade:
Thanks.  I will look for signs.  Never had that problem.  Plant is coming out today though.  It has held on for months but just won't clear up.  I am going to put in another one and see if the same thing happens.  I use a Isopropyl alcohol mixed with dish washing soap for most of my bug problems and it seems to work.  But maybe not on mealy bugs.

rocky290386:
Try carrying out foliar treatments with zeolite powder dissolved in water. besides being an excellent fertilizer (it can be used both directly on the ground) and as a foliar, this mineral is also an excellent natural insecticide.
The properties of this mineral (tiny sharp crystals) mean that once applied to the plant they have a repellent action against numerous insect pests that try to eat the leaves.
Furthermore, being 100% natural, it has no shortages. It can be used in organic farming.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version