Author Topic: Tropical Fruit Forum Logo  (Read 40478 times)

Tropicaliste

• Washington D.C. Area, US 7a
    • View Profile
Re: Tropical Fruit Forum Logo
« Reply #150 on: February 10, 2014, 10:36:03 PM »
May I make a suggestion...
Could we have a period of time (say 1 month) where the forum amasses 1 photo per member of whatever tropical fruit or tree or whatever they want (Oscar's "anatomy" fruit  ::) ) and we make one of those mosaic type things where an app conforms the photos by color to spell out " Tropical Fruit Forum ", and that way there's no one saying their favorite fruit was forgotten.  Maybe for a banner for something, but point is, it would bring the members together, and we'd all release the photos to be used so it's free free free. 

Vlk

• Czech Republic
    • View Profile
    • exoticke-pestovani.webnode.cz
« Reply #151 on: April 11, 2014, 05:57:57 AM »
So what was the conclusion in matter of new logo? :-)
Durian & avocado lover

dongeorgio

• If you have any mango that I don't...CONTACT ME!
    • zone 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 11, 2014, 07:53:11 AM »
Everyone loved the logo from Michiganian but she needed to re-create it with fruit pictures that we were allowed to use.  Shortly after she posted the original version, she has gone missing in action.  Does any active member have the skill to take her current idea and re-create it?
George

carcarlo

• USA Florida Tampa
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 11, 2014, 11:53:23 AM »
  I can tell you that, in the Human mind the word ( Tropical ) brings an immediate picture of the Coconut palm and a beautiful setting along a beach in Hawaii, Oscar would love a logo like this.
My mental picture of the logo is Coconut palms, like setting, on both sides ,a Sun shining over one palm with a rainbow over the palms , a beautiful Hawaiian girl, pointing down, with the Hula dance expression at all kinds of  tropical fruits, on  the bottom, arranged like the rainbow shape.
   The Tropical Fruit Forum  logo must blow your mind!. Once you see the logo, it shall remind you of all kinds of delicious,Tropical fruits, and beautiful places in Earth, were they grow, but most important, the logo should stay recorded in your brain, and remind you, to come back to the Tropical fruit Forum, site  and surf around.
Carlos

Vlk

• Czech Republic
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 11, 2014, 11:56:30 AM »
Everyone loved the logo from Michiganian but she needed to re-create it with fruit pictures that we were allowed to use.  Shortly after she posted the original version, she has gone missing in action.  Does any active member have the skill to take her current idea and re-create it?
I am a graphic designer and I would be glad to participate in any way. :-)
Durian & avocado lover

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #155 on: April 11, 2014, 07:04:21 PM »

I posted on this thread to Michaganian that i would be glad to donate photos for use on her design. She never contacted me. Offer still holds if you Vlk want to do it? But only if this design has already really been picked by moderators on the forum? I don't want to use up my time for nothing.
Oscar

Vlk

• Czech Republic
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 12, 2014, 06:04:09 AM »

I posted on this thread to Michaganian that i would be glad to donate photos for use on her design. She never contacted me. Offer still holds if you Vlk want to do it? But only if this design has already really been picked by moderators on the forum? I don't want to use up my time for nothing.

I went through the topic and saw the logo. :-) It is pretty nice, I would just do some work around with the font and typography in general. Also - using pictures/photos in logo is not exactly standard. I mean, usually you work in vectors in case you would want to use the logo over a big billboard let's say, you can resize it to any size you desire. Also you have lot's of options to use the logo on different backgrounds, you can create black and white version with ease ect. With photos, you are bound to use it in certain ways.. It has it's limits. Also, the pictures would need to be of really good quality. DSLR camera pictures would be best.

But it all depends on how the logo should work. Where it would be used ect. If it would be used just for the forum, then it is all right to use pictures and even pictures of slightly lower quality. In general, use on web doesn't require so much quality (meaning in pixels) when it comes to graphics.

It could also be worked in the way that the logo itself would be created in vectors and it would be mainly composed of the specific font, which would be the core identity of the forum and pictures of the fruit would be just added feature, meaning it could change in different enviroments of use - it would be different on a shirt, different on web ect. But the main core, the vector logo would be always there. And it could be also used without any pictures. So everybody who would see it could say - hey, that's the  TFF logo right?

The way I see it (even in actual logo design in the header of the forum) is that the font, the central part "Tropical Fruit Forum - www.internationaltropicalfruitgrowers.com" is the logo, whereas the fruit  around are just pictures to enhance the looks, but they are not part of the logo itself.

Anyway, the decision is up to you guys, I would be glad to recreate anything you would like. :-) And I can work with photos from Oscar without any problem. :-)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 06:16:45 AM by Vlk »
Durian & avocado lover

Vlk

• Czech Republic
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 12, 2014, 09:45:48 AM »
http://www.southernfoodways.org/assets/fruit-hunters.jpg
The fruit on this poster is pretty nice compromise between photos and vector graphics. :-)
Durian & avocado lover

ricshaw

• USA, Southern California, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
    • ricshaw805 YouTube Channel
« Reply #158 on: April 12, 2014, 05:50:16 PM »
The fruit on this poster is pretty nice compromise between photos and vector graphics. :-)

Sure...  If you are a Durian lover.  Not if you love Dragon Fruit. >:(

Vlk

• Czech Republic
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 12, 2014, 06:34:09 PM »

Sure...  If you are a Durian lover.  Not if you love Dragon Fruit. >:(
No problem to make dragon fruit too :-)) The poster was just inspiration for how the fruit in logo could look like. :-)
Durian & avocado lover

ricshaw

• USA, Southern California, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
    • ricshaw805 YouTube Channel
« Reply #160 on: August 02, 2014, 09:38:36 PM »
~bump~

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk