Author Topic: Superior Lemondrop Mangosteen?  (Read 506 times)

Asifh

• Michigan
    • View Profile
Superior Lemondrop Mangosteen?
« on: July 27, 2022, 03:35:11 PM »

Hey I have a superior lemondrop mangosteen that I bought from Etsy. It hasn’t grown at all and it has been more than a month. Do you recommend I should use Hollytone for it? Or is it better to wait because you said it is slow growing. If I could send a pic to you let me know how I can send. Also I’m not so sure if this even is a superior lemon drop so let me know!

W.

• United States, Alabama, 7b
    • View Profile
Re: Superior Lemondrop Mangosteen?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2022, 05:39:20 PM »
The leaves are looking dry, and it appears to be growing inside a house. While Garcinias can be overwintered indoors in colder areas during the winter for a few months (as I do with mine every year), they do better when grown in places with more humidity than is usually found inside a house. That lack of humidity especially affects smaller Garcinia seedlings before they become well established. This is the time of year for it to be outside in the heat and humidity. Put it outside, in a shady location or in a sunny location under shade cloth. Very lightly fertilize it. Keep it watered but not waterlogged. It may not grow much more this year, but you will want it to be in peak condition before it has to endure a long Michigan winter indoors.

Orkine

• Jupiter, FL, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2022, 06:32:47 PM »
.... also I have had some that size or smaller that can go for months without appearing to do anything then suddenly the flush leaves then go into hibernation again.

brian

• Pennsylvania (zone 6) w/ heated greenhouse
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2022, 07:16:26 PM »
Yeah garcinias seem to be very slow growing mine will sometimes do nothing for many months.  If it isn't growing it doesn't need fertilizer, I wouldn't apply any until it has put out new growth.