Author Topic: Please Help with my Ice Cream Bean Plant!!!  (Read 489 times)

Asifh

• Michigan
    • View Profile
Please Help with my Ice Cream Bean Plant!!!
« on: September 03, 2022, 03:55:23 PM »
Please assist any plant expert or anyone else! My ice cream bean plant has been growing well in Michigan for about 2 years now in a pot. I was waiting all summer for my plant to perhaps push out new leaves. This summer, it pushed out new leaves which looked sort of dry. This was never an issue before because it always produced healthy leaves. I’ve been keeping it in good-draining potting soil. In the past, it has been grown well in coconut coir, peat, perlite, and whatever else. Please see how the leaves look and address any deficiencies they may have so I can save this plant. It was so healthy before, and now I don’t know what to do.

Nwflarenegade

• Pensacola, Fl
    • View Profile
Re: Please Help with my Ice Cream Bean Plant!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2022, 10:33:25 PM »
Buy some osmocote at lowes. It’s a time released balanced fertilizer that will feed for about 6 months. Every time you water, it gets a little food. It will take about a month to start seeing results. Just sprinkle about a tablespoon on the surface of the soil every 6 months. Great stuff.

brian

• Pennsylvania (zone 6) w/ heated greenhouse
    • View Profile
Re: Please Help with my Ice Cream Bean Plant!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2022, 11:45:30 AM »
I grew a bunch of ice cream bean (inga edulis) seedlings in containers (outdoors in summer, greenhoused in winter) a few years ago and they were really healthy and easy to grow, and because they are known to be nitrogen fixing I gave them little to no fertilizer.  Are you growing these entirely indoors?  Might be too dry, maybe not enough sun.