Author Topic: Just curious - how many year-round greenhouse/indoor gardeners?  (Read 3069 times)

Tropicaltoba

• Canada, Manitoba, Winnipeg, zone 3
    • View Profile
Re: Just curious - how many year-round greenhouse/indoor gardeners?
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2023, 08:20:33 PM »
Plantinyum, chimney fires are scary, were your babies all ok? How far down does your ground freeze? Could u dig deep around the periphery and place tubes for an earth battery air exchange? I have no experience with this, and have now idea what happens if the water table is high.

Plantinyum

• Bulgaria , near Sofia city , planting zone 7
    • View Profile
Re: Just curious - how many year-round greenhouse/indoor gardeners?
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2023, 02:27:01 AM »
Plantinyum, chimney fires are scary, were your babies all ok? How far down does your ground freeze? Could u dig deep around the periphery and place tubes for an earth battery air exchange? I have no experience with this, and have now idea what happens if the water table is high.
Well the times where it got fire i was there and was shooting some water on it on the outside, which didnt really help anything. On the inside the metal chimney would get all yewolly- orange, hot as hell, of course it would burn and dessicate all livving things around it.
Our ground rarely freezes lately, we are yet to have it freeze this winter. I can do the pipe earth battery thing, but i dont really need it now, if i want to have a warmer temp inside i can just add an additional radiator ,which i already have.  Will have to disterb alot of plant roots too, in my case now, when i have  a good heating system, i wouldn't do it.
The water table here is quite low i think, ive never hit a standing water anywhere. It is a seasonal thing probably.
Yes such tubes into the ground would fill with water ,to where the water table is. People do wells this way.