Author Topic: Giant Loquat Fruits Comparison  (Read 2110 times)

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
Re: Giant Loquat Fruits Comparison
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2023, 05:04:46 PM »
I'm planting some of my Peluche seeds today. I have more fruits that I will be taking seeds out for planting.

Since some people have been asking to buy some Peluche seeds, I will put some up for sale today.

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2023, 01:57:41 PM »
National has been a stand out for all the variables you mention. Excellent vigor, fruit set, size and flavor.
I call it "National" because I found it on National St. in SC 10 + years ago. It could be a Big Jim.
The mother tree was removed . Glad to have a nice sized tree of mainly National and a little Tori and Xmas.

Ken, yes I noticed the fruits of Michael was small like the Sunset, but this is my first time getting fruits on this one. My MJP4 tasted good, not excellent but very good. Maybe about the same taste as the Yehuda.

One standout tasting fruit for me was the National (Jonah), it has medium size fruits, orange flesh, very sweet. I would say it was just as sweet as my best tasting Big Jim (orange flesh) fruits on the multi-grafted tree. This is only the second year I'm getting fruits on National, and the tree is a strong/vigorous grower. For my taste comparison this year, National gets a 9/10.

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2023, 03:38:01 PM »
Nonah, your National fruits are very good. I'm pretty sure it's not Big Jim. My grafts have been fruiting for more than a few years and the tastes is good each time. Vigorous growing branches, has many fruits on the branch which are medium size fruits. I liked the Christmas fruits as well but National fruits might be larger and has more taste.

I have 3 sources of Big Jim, and none of them (except my seedling BJ) tastes as good as your National. I went to a local nursery here called Mimosa and they had 10 or so large Big Jim trees in wooden containers ($300-400 each) and they all had ripe fruits which were medium-large size. I tasted the ripe fruits from the trees and also got a few scionwood, and the taste did not compare to National.