Everything Else > Tropical Vegetables and Other Edibles - Buy, Sell, & Trade

Paw Paw seeds

(1/1)

blackb0x:
It's that time of year again and I foraged a ton of wild paw paw (Asimina triloba) fruit. If anyone is looking for fresh seeds shoot me a message and I'd be happy to work out a trade. Cheers!

EDIT: All gone for now. Thanks!

D-Grower:
Where were the seeds collected from? I definitely want to grow out some pawpaws but since I'm so far south I'd likely need to find some from the south east region to have a good chance of getting fruit here. I'm in the Florida panhandle. I do have 2 trilobas in the yard. One is doing very good the other is doing OK. I had gotten the select seedlings from just fruits and exotics. They did flower the last 2 years but no fruit set. Maybe because they don't flower at the same time for whatever reason.

blackb0x:

--- Quote from: D-Grower on August 31, 2023, 08:55:48 AM ---Where were the seeds collected from? I definitely want to grow out some pawpaws but since I'm so far south I'd likely need to find some from the south east region to have a good chance of getting fruit here. I'm in the Florida panhandle. I do have 2 trilobas in the yard. One is doing very good the other is doing OK. I had gotten the select seedlings from just fruits and exotics. They did flower the last 2 years but no fruit set. Maybe because they don't flower at the same time for whatever reason.

--- End quote ---

These ones are from Williamsburg, VA. Fruit set is definitely sporadic unless you have a big stand of them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version