Author Topic: AKME Gardens 2021 - Loquat Listings (Scions, Custom Grafting Services and more)  (Read 16490 times)

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
What's Adam's phone number?

elouicious

• Houston, Tx
    • View Profile
For those who were interested in a Viking Loquat and don't want to support this guy

Check this out-

https://plantingjustice.org/shop/fruit-trees/loquats/viking-loquat-organic/

planting justice is a badass company that supports people with criminal pasts getting back into society through gardening and agriculture

I believe the owner (organizer?) Joe is also a member on here and a cool dude

John B

• USA, San Diego, CA, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
An additional avenue for reporting. It only takes a couple minutes. Reportfraud.ftc.gov

brian

• Pennsylvania (zone 6) w/ heated greenhouse
    • View Profile
So with this type of reputation does "Hero Member" status gets removed?

I ask this because I feel safer buying from Hero Members. This forum is a great source, hopefully bad apples are removed.

I think Hero Member just appears for anyone with >250 posts or so, no human review.  I guess mods could brand people with a special status if they want, but I don't recall anyone being banned here regardless of reputation - only spammers removed
« Last Edit: April 25, 2023, 12:15:41 PM by brian »

hammer524

• USA, Arizona, Phoenix, 9B
    • View Profile
I humbly request my forum status as “court jester” then

elouicious

• Houston, Tx
    • View Profile
So with this type of reputation does "Hero Member" status gets removed?

I ask this because I feel safer buying from Hero Members. This forum is a great source, hopefully bad apples are removed.

I think Hero Member just appears for anyone with >250 posts or so, no human review.  I guess mods could brand people with a special status if they want, but I don't recall anyone being banned here regardless of reputation - only spammers removed

IIRC Sr. Member is 250 posts- Hero is 500

but yeah it doesnt mean anything

Pau

• California
    • View Profile
I humbly request my forum status as “court jester” then

Haha.... thanks for the replies.

K-Rimes

• Santa Barbara
    • View Profile
His website is up and people, that are not reading our forum, are still buying from him. Crazy.
Ana

Yes, just saw someone on the Facebook Loquat forum bumming on an order... Man, this sucks. :(

I received this # from him in 2021, almost to the day: 251-233-4441

BayTropics

• Brandon, FL
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 04:05:50 PM by BayTropics »

K-Rimes

• Santa Barbara
    • View Profile
Adam has not been online on this forum since December 9th (logged in anyways).

Why would he want to destroy his business? Doesn't make sense.

He did print a usps shipping label for me February 16th, but no movement.

Could be in the hospital or worse.  :-\

I would put that down as "has been active as recently as December 9th"

It would appear it's been a source of income for the guy, and a lucrative one at that espeically when you don't have to send product or anything. One part of me wants to feel bad about a dude who got in over his head financially, or health wise, and with a bunch of orders in the middle... But continuing to take money and not communicate, and have the gall to connect to the forum and not say a word? Not honorable.

He would get a lot more slack if he were here at the very least posting about why things are the way they are, and even more if he simply returned the money to people. I cannot fathom being out hundreds of dollars or even a thousand.

One of the parts of the fruit community I love is the people, and this leaves a bad taste. 

hammer524

• View Profile
I would give him more slack if it wasn't for his website still operating with no notice to new customers

brcb7tuner

• Livingston
    • View Profile
Yep really terrible person with 10 million excuses. Bet he would respond to you wanting to place a large order. Karma catches up with them and hopefully it's fraud and court karma.

brian

• Pennsylvania (zone 6) w/ heated greenhouse
    • View Profile
Hopefully customers are filing chargebacks if they receive no product.  The payment card networks will shut down merchant accounts that receive a significant number of chargebacks.  It seems that Shopify (which the AKME gardens site is hosted on) has a poor reputation for policing their client sites, but it can't hurt to try I guess: 

Report an Issue with a Merchant https://www.shopify.com/legal/report-aup-violation

« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 08:17:17 PM by brian »

tru

• Texas
    • View Profile
I set up a trap by leaving him a voicemail saying I want exactly that, figure he won’t respond but I’ll have some choice words if he does.

Hope y’all’s investments are eventually recouped somehow :( this feels extremely illegal… multiple counts of wire fraud right, possibly for each person who ordered? Give the people their money back. HIGHLY doubt he hasn’t been on the site since dec
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 08:21:22 PM by tru »
instagram @trumansacco

snowjunky

• USA, Arizona, Phoenix, 9a/9b
    • View Profile
viking bandit guy $$$

BayTropics

• Brandon, FL
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 04:05:15 PM by BayTropics »

vnomonee

• Zone 7a northeastern NJ
    • View Profile
Wow it's disheartening to hear a lot of you are out of money, and now I am reluctant to order again.

I did get my Novak scions that I ordered over the summer, which is a hard to find variety, but they arrived very late in the season when there wasn't any heat for grafting and my grafts failed. Will have to find another source.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 07:50:40 PM by vnomonee »

CarolinaZone

• USA,NC,7B
    • View Profile
Wow it's disheartening to hear a lot of you are out of money, and now I am reluctant to order again.

I did get my Novak scions that I ordered over the summer, which is a hard to find variety, but they arrived very late in the season when there wasn't any heat for grafting and my grafts failed. Will have to find another source.
Basically the same for me. Grafts failed because of grafting too late in the season.

BayTropics

• Brandon, FL
    • View Profile
*********************UPDATE ON ADAM AKA AKME GARDENS ***********************************

He just texted me saying he was in the hospital the entire time!

I had a feeling that is where he was!

He recovering and trying to catch up with orders now with help with a family member!

He said he will start shipping soon!

John B

• USA, San Diego, CA, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
*********************UPDATE ON ADAM AKA AKME GARDENS ***********************************

He recovering and trying to catch up with orders now with help with a family member!

I knew there was something strange when you started a new thread in the tropical fruit discussion section. The Great Loquat Ponzi Scheme keeps on scheming.  What a joke.

tru

• Texas
    • View Profile
At this point I’d skip all the pleasantries and just go straight to the FBI. As a collective, I know we can get this done.

https://complaint.ic3.gov/

Above is the official FBI reporting service for cyber crimes.
instagram @trumansacco

theoctopus

• South Pasadena
    • View Profile

Uh huh.

CarolinaZone

• USA,NC,7B
    • View Profile
At this point I’d skip all the pleasantries and just go straight to the FBI. As a collective, I know we can get this done.

https://complaint.ic3.gov/

Above is the official FBI reporting service for cyber crimes.
FBI?? Okay. I get the anger but calling the feds? It's small claims jurisdiction.

Does anybody here remember that guy on the west coast who had several websites scamming on fruit trees? This is like the early 2000 teens. He had BBB complaints and got sued. He was scamming on avocados. He got me and I think I posted in athread about it. Darn I wish I could remember the business.

The point is if it's a con shop, unless the amounts are pretty high the FEDs will do nothing. The FTC might do something but like I said it's the amount. Ask anybody who has ever bought a snake oil health supplement. Even if he stuck someone for $1000 that is not the same as sticking 1000's of people of people for $10. The FEDs don't care. If you want results you have to call state authorities. Call the ag department, tax department, or call his local news station. That said it is better to leave the man alone. Tell everybody on every website you use about his bad business practices. I personally don't know the man and I have written about my experience with him. Should he make amends for his bad business practices with his customers? YES. Give out refunds, extras, and apologies. YES! Fed charges? No. I don't know if the man is sick or not. Anybody that truly does let us know. Old man opinion finished. :-X

hammer524

• View Profile
He should go directly to jail.

Do not pass go, do not collect $200.

tru

• Texas
    • View Profile
Look I agree a federal charge on the guy sounds harsh but this dude is lying about everything there is to lie about. If he doesn’t wanna go to jail, he should probably think about refunding all these people. By definition, fraud is using deception (lying) to take peoples money. If he can’t prove he was in the hospital, etc, etc, etc, and all these other excuses, it’s really an open and shut case. And if he was really in the hospital for that long, I wish him best of health but he still stole all y’all’s money and disappeared.

Hell, if he’s in the hospital, why TF is his website even still up? As a business wouldn’t you want to inform your customer instead of hiding, then come back strong with a reopening? Every move he makes just reeks.

And it’s not small claims, he used the internet to steal across state lines so he opened himself up to wire fraud for every person he defrauded that doesn’t live in Alabama. If it was all in person it would be small claims (I’m not a lawyer at all but that’s the way I understood it at least)

I mean, his facebook page uses his middle name as his last name and has the wrong age. Every day that goes by of him not replying just makes him look more guilty.

They tried all those previous links to state departments in the first page of comments, I can’t really think of anything or anyone else to try; I’m just hoping it works out for y’all. All y’all, even him. Preferably not with him in a jail cell, but at some point this dude made his own bed.

Or maybe I’m being harsh; which honestly is totally fair, but I hate reading ALLLLL these people all getting burned by him. At some point, a federal case for wire fraud is gonna be the only option : (

also https://www.shopify.com/legal/report-aup-violation here is a direct link to report to shopify. Choose "Malicious and Deceptive Practices", then "Any other", or "Non-Delivery" if you have an order confirmation link. After chatting with support this is what they said to report it as.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2023, 04:59:53 PM by tru »
instagram @trumansacco

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk