Author Topic: My annonaceae some pictures  (Read 697 times)

digigarden

• Maurice or digigarden
    • Dominican Republic,Santo Domingo- Miami.FL addr
    • View Profile
My annonaceae some pictures
« on: January 06, 2023, 05:24:50 PM »
 Some pictures requested by a friend, fellow annona collector and other friends who started this adventure of collecting annonas in an effort to try to collect save some species from extinction. So many thanks to Saltman,JoeP450,Tropical Fruit Bonsai,mikesid and others :)
who read my rants and such as we are investigating documentation and looking for seeds and plants for annonas from the caribbean region.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First things first this is the annona found in "Barreras" province of Azua...the seedling has shown some good progress.
Found and given to me in a trip when searching for a.dumetorum
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What we have here is the controversial annona bought from the JBN(national botanical park) of santo domingo...which are supposed to be a.dumetorum as well but show a phenotype with long and thin leaves that made some people think it's actually another species. So we are still trying to find out...

annona "Barreras" compared to JBN "long leaf" annona.

My annona Urbaniana plants.

annona Barreras compared to a.urbaniana

all of the 3 endemic rare annonas collected so far, left urbaniana, center "Barreras" and right JBN.

annona collection

soursop plants

golden soursop from seedtalk

uvaria lancifolia

cherimoya

custard apple=a.reticulata

a.mucosa or the so previously called rollinia mucosa "candongo" vs rollinia deliciosa "biriba"

sugar apples, mostly from achetadomestica

junglesop

air layered soursop

our soursop plant (horribly pruned again)

sugar apple volunteer not doing well.

a.deceptrix from Fruit Lovers

a.sylvatica from Hapajoe

one of my Ilamas

a.primigenia from tradewinds

porcelia nitidifolia(peru) from farmwell

a.montana seedlings

cassowary

• Australia FNQ 13a Tropical Monsoon
    • View Profile
    • cassowaryseeds
Re: My annonaceae some pictures
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2023, 09:34:26 PM »
Wow what a collection, thanks for sharing!

IMOE that golden soursop looks a bit to green to be a true golden soursop. They usually are pale green/yellow despite sufficient soil moisture and nutrients.
Have seen mature fruit bearing tree's at a neighbors place and have seedlings myself. They all have pale green/yellow leaf.

Hopefully they all will become common eventually : D
CASSOWARYSEEDS.COM
Seed shop and Seed exchange

digigarden

• Maurice or digigarden
    • Dominican Republic,Santo Domingo- Miami.FL addr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2023, 07:11:22 AM »
Wow what a collection, thanks for sharing!

IMOE that golden soursop looks a bit to green to be a true golden soursop. They usually are pale green/yellow despite sufficient soil moisture and nutrients.
Have seen mature fruit bearing tree's at a neighbors place and have seedlings myself. They all have pale green/yellow leaf.

Hopefully they all will become common eventually : D

Hi, thanks.

Yes it's a "Golden soursop" seedling not a grafted plant.

Tropical Fruit Bonsai

• Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2023, 01:45:04 PM »
Ciao Maurizio, le foto delle dumetorum on mi tornano:

Se guardi l'immagine dell'exsiccata in allegato sembra decisamente differente da quelle che hai fotografato. Possibile che sia un'altra specie? Magari una simile alla salicifolia?

elouicious

• Houston, Tx
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2023, 06:00:07 PM »
Great update digigarden!

first I am hearing about your quest to revive the carribbean Annonas but it is a great cause

JoeP450

• Mahaha Chinook
    • Palm City FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2023, 10:33:00 PM »
Digi,

Collection is looking amazing, good to hear from you. The thin leaves one looks like salicifolia to me 🤷‍♂️

I’m glad you are growing the porcelia too that’s on my list, but I always seem to miss the seeds when they are around.

Happy new year,

Joe

elouicious

• Houston, Tx
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2023, 10:40:04 PM »
how are the senegalensis doing Joe?

Managed to get one pretty big this year over here