Author Topic: Wanted: Feijoa Cultivars  (Read 832 times)

nattyfroootz

• Santa Cruz California
    • View Profile
Wanted: Feijoa Cultivars
« on: April 25, 2021, 01:09:57 PM »
Hey how's it going?

I have a ton of Feijoa ready to be grafted and have been trying to get my hands on some of the New Zealand cultivars. Does anyone have any? 

Thank you!

Nate
Grow cooler fruits

www.wildlandsplants.com

Pedroboy

• USA,CA,Pacifica,9b-10A Sunset 17
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted: Feijoa Cultivars
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2021, 02:12:48 PM »
Hey Nate  -
I bought 1g Apollo and Kaiteri from One Green World over the winter and they're still pretty small but Apollo especially grows like a weed. I'd probably have some of that for you in a couple of months. Also, several weeks back another member here was kind enough to swap me some of their Mammoth for Albert's Supreme that I had. The jury is still out on my grafts of that but give me a shout if you would like their contact info.

Cheers,
Chris
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 02:19:41 PM by Pedroboy »

Pedroboy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2021, 03:32:28 PM »
Forgot to add - Fruitwood Nursery up north usually has Mammoth available too, but I haven't checked their inventory since I did my grafting in Feb.

Pau

• California
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2021, 03:33:18 PM »
I have a big trees of pineapple guava, 2 types: round and oval. Dont know what type it is.

I am interested in the mammoth variety if anyone wants to trape cuttings.

Pau

• California
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2021, 03:35:59 PM »
Forgot to show pictures

nattyfroootz

• Santa Cruz California
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2021, 08:28:16 PM »
Hey Nate  -
I bought 1g Apollo and Kaiteri from One Green World over the winter and they're still pretty small but Apollo especially grows like a weed. I'd probably have some of that for you in a couple of months. Also, several weeks back another member here was kind enough to swap me some of their Mammoth for Albert's Supreme that I had. The jury is still out on my grafts of that but give me a shout if you would like their contact info.

Cheers,
Chris

Nice!

Looks like I missed out on all the NZ cultivars being offered by one green world, but awesome to see them with the NZ cultivars.  I'm definitely interested in Apollo and Kaiteri.  I have some alberts supreme and some 8ball grafts but didn't label them so not sure which is which... haha. I guess time will tell maybe.

I have a lead on someone who has all of the cultivars so i'll keep you posted.

Thanks!
Grow cooler fruits

www.wildlandsplants.com

Pedroboy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2021, 10:05:46 PM »
Good deal - let me know if you run across anybody with WikiTu. It's supposed to be a great dwarfing variety and large bearing, but it seems as if it's still under partial patent protection in NZ.

C

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk