Author Topic: Inga flowering already  (Read 505 times)

Timbogrow

• Naples, FL 10b
    • View Profile
Inga flowering already
« on: March 14, 2023, 07:06:08 AM »
Good morning! So this tree is from a batch of seeds I ordered 2.5 years ago from fruit lovers. The tree is fairly small, only 1" diameter trunk x 6'height x 6' wide. It really surprised me seeing these on there as I have an inga about 3x the size and 3.5 yrs old that hasn't flowered yet and numerous others that havnt flowered.  If it holds any fruit in the years to come and they taste good I'll grow the seeds and graft it to them and offer them here for others to enjoy.

Timbogrow

• Naples, FL 10b
    • View Profile
Re: Inga flowering already
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2023, 09:54:39 PM »
Another inga here showing signs of flowering. This one's about 1.5"d trunk x 8' tall. Hopes are a little higher now that there's a couple to cross pollinate.

Timbogrow

• Naples, FL 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2023, 08:01:46 AM »
Even my big inga has a couple flowers. Exciting!

brian

• Pennsylvania (zone 6) w/ heated greenhouse
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2023, 11:35:57 AM »
Nice!  Hope you get fruit.  My inga edulis flowered for the first time (at much larger size) last year but didn't set fruit.  Hoping this year it will.

Timbogrow

• Naples, FL 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2023, 01:51:57 PM »
Nice!  Hope you get fruit.  My inga edulis flowered for the first time (at much larger size) last year but didn't set fruit.  Hoping this year it will.
Thanks man! I hope you get some pods as well. That's amazing you got it to flower in Pennsylvania, what size pot is it in? I have a vulpina I'm going to up pot and might just keep it in there indefinately. There's a mix of spectabalis, feulli and cinnamomea here.

brian

• Pennsylvania (zone 6) w/ heated greenhouse
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2023, 02:07:05 PM »
It is greenhoused in winter so climate isn't an issue.  Mine is in a 25gal container and is about 7ft tall, trunk diameter is about 1.5in

Timbogrow

• Naples, FL 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2023, 09:19:02 PM »
Maybe if it doesn't set fruit I could send you some scions to graft on so it gets cross pollinated. I suppose I should find out which ones have the tastiest fruits first. Either way that's still awesome you have one up there. It's funny if you tell someone that doesn't know fruit trees your growing an ice cream bean tree they look at you like your some kind of alien lol.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk