Author Topic: Selling Ma’afala Breadfruit Air Layers & Root Cutting  (Read 753 times)

FruitGrower

• South Florida
    • View Profile
Selling Ma’afala Breadfruit Air Layers & Root Cutting
« on: May 22, 2022, 06:52:13 PM »
I have a few air layers and one root cutting I can take from a fruiting Ma’afala breadfruit tree. This tree was planted as a 3 gallon in 2020 and has been the strongest growing tree in my yard (see pic). It also took our late January cold snap (~37) without issue.

- Long Air layers (4 1) - $25 (no shipping - local pickup in Kendal area of Miami)

- Double-Stem Root Cutting (1) - $25 (US shipping $20 via USPS priority)

« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 09:57:52 AM by FruitGrower »

Gonzo65

• Hollywood, FL
    • View Profile
Re: Selling Ma’afala Breadfruit Air Layers & Root Cutting
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2022, 07:37:44 PM »
PM sent

mannadiars

• Riverview, FL, 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2022, 10:28:11 PM »
PM Sent

Elopez2027@aol.com

• USA, New York City
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2022, 08:36:36 AM »
You are going to have to cut that tree down cause it’s going to destroy your house. You see it in your first pic. Poor tree, growing so beautifully. These trees get BIG. Anyhow, can’t pick up, still got root cutting available?

Rex Begonias

• USA, FL/Brevard, 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2022, 10:03:15 AM »
You are going to have to cut that tree down cause it’s going to destroy your house. You see it in your first pic. Poor tree, growing so beautifully. These trees get BIG. Anyhow, can’t pick up, still got root cutting available?

That's what I was wondering too as I've always heard mulberry family like jackfruit, breadfruit, mulberry and etc. can have some pretty destructive roots also.

Tree looks gorgeous though. 

Elopez2027@aol.com

• USA, New York City
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2022, 11:30:13 AM »
It’s the number one problem with gardeners. Planting seedlings close to the house, causing self-inflicted problems to there home foundations. Costly. The roots are expansive, reaching dozens of feet out and then bringing a seedling up from it roots to start another tree.  Not hating on you FruitGrower but please heed a warning that you might have foundation problems….shortly in the future.
I love everything breadfruit. Everything. Just ate a salad of codfish and boiled slices of breadfruit. ‘Bacalao con Pana’
Here’s to Ma’afala and feeding the World with its fruit!

FruitGrower

• South Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2022, 02:30:22 AM »

I do still have the root cutting, it’s the only thing left. PM me if you want it. Thanks.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk