Author Topic: White Stuff on avocados  (Read 842 times)

spaugh

• San Diego County California
    • View Profile
White Stuff on avocados
« on: January 26, 2021, 10:46:03 AM »
What the heck is this white stuff?  The orchard is covered in it.  Oh yeah is snow!  Actually more like hail.  But thats the first time Ive had a frozen orchard!

Brad Spaugh

ScottR

• USA,Arroyo Grande,Calif. 93420,zone 9b
    • View Profile
Re: White Stuff on avocados
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2021, 10:54:29 AM »
Wow Brad, yeah this is a cold storm down to 31F this morning here but rain coming is what we need, hope you didn't get to much damage.

spaugh

• San Diego County California
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2021, 10:59:29 AM »
the thermometer says low of 37? i dont know what to believe. I was out in my hoop house yesterday afternoon and pea size hail started coming down hard and it was going through the plastic and nailing me.  I was the wtf?  then lightening started going off and I ran inside!  last time I stayed outside for lightening it hit our powerline 50ft from me and exploded our transformer!  2 days without power and some shaken nerves.  Didnt want to be inside the metal framed hoophouse if it were to get struck. 
Brad Spaugh

zephian

• USA, CA, Yuba City Zone 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2021, 11:35:12 AM »
Crazy! We are getting snow down to about 1200ft up here which only happens every couple years. My locks were frozen this morning on my car. Brrr. Hope your trees are ok!
-Kris

vall

• Treasure Coast
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2021, 02:15:06 PM »
Yeah I got a bit of hail too near the coast. Wasn't a very cold night though, low of 48. Very windy, my passion fruit trellis broke because I had been putting off pruning it till the last fruits ripened, oops.
- Val

slopat

• USA, California, central coast, 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2021, 08:05:19 PM »
We had some hail ~2pm Monday near the airport.  I was in the office on webex and all the sudden tat tat tat tat  on the roof. Weird part was that it was sunny! Looked like the wind was gusting and pushing the hail all directions.  Same as Robert,  frost Tuesday morning and rain all day today.

Tropical Bay Area

• San Jose area, zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2021, 09:13:44 PM »
We got to 33 and there was ice on the roof
Cheers!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk