Author Topic: Texas Thomasville Citrangequat  (Read 910 times)

Enigmius

• Texas, mansfield, zone 8a
    • View Profile
Texas Thomasville Citrangequat
« on: January 28, 2023, 08:16:21 PM »
Hello.
I'm looking to acquire a Thomasville Citrangequat in Texas. If you have one or know where I could get one, please let me know.
Thanks.

Monkepotamusrex

• Wa 8
    • View Profile
Re: Texas Thomasville Citrangequat
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2023, 08:50:35 AM »
I think Panzarella Citrus has citrangequat as grafting stock from time to time. I think they're seedlings, and I don't think Thomasville 100% nucellar. Texas is split into various zones for citrus transport due to greening, but if you're in the south he may be in your area.

Enigmius

• Texas, mansfield, zone 8a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2023, 11:32:15 AM »
I'm not that far south in Texas, but I have been to his citrus events before.
He is a great guy.
Back before Texas really clamped down on county based restrictions a few years back, he brought a cultivar to me(er I met him halfway) on his way to North Texas.
My understanding is that he is no longer able to sell outside of his county for the time being. I could be wrong, but I think that is the case....
But I went ahead and sent him an email. If he doesn't have one, maybe someone else does that he knows..perhapse outside the quarantine restricted counties.
Anyway, John is a cool guy.

SaltwaterTx

• Gulf Coast Tx 9a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2023, 09:29:01 AM »
I went to Johns last week and he had some seedlings of it, you may give him a ring. He says he thinks they come true most of the time?

SaltwaterTx

• Gulf Coast Tx 9a
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2023, 09:31:22 AM »
There’s also a TAMUK program selling certified citrus budwood in Texas. Don’t have link handy but they had more stuff than I would have thought