Author Topic: Variegated minneola  (Read 4634 times)

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
Re: Variegated minneola
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2024, 02:34:01 PM »
kulasa, you said,
"I am not a fan of sumo, I think there's alot more mandarin out there that are better. I prefer gold nugget and owari."

If you like oranges and you like mandarins, then you should like the taste of sumo/shiranui. You must have tasted a dud, try getting some fresh home-grown sumo and decide if you like it or not. I have pretty much every type of oranges and madarins that people say tastes really good, and my sumo/shiranui fruits are very good as Brian mentioned. So, I'm thinking you may have just eaten some average store purchased sumo maybe?

kulasa

• United States
    • View Profile
Re: Variegated minneola
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2024, 07:13:12 AM »
kulasa, you said,
"I am not a fan of sumo, I think there's alot more mandarin out there that are better. I prefer gold nugget and owari."

If you like oranges and you like mandarins, then you should like the taste of sumo/shiranui. You must have tasted a dud, try getting some fresh home-grown sumo and decide if you like it or not. I have pretty much every type of oranges and madarins that people say tastes really good, and my sumo/shiranui fruits are very good as Brian mentioned. So, I'm thinking you may have just eaten some average store purchased sumo maybe?

That's right. I had my first sumo (store bought) in maybe '17? I could not understand the hype about it. I probably tried the fruit several times. But I have not tried a home grown one. Same thing with owari, gold nugget and orri. I liked them the first time I tried them. But. like you said, nothing is comparable to home grown.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk