Author Topic: Fresh kratom seeds  (Read 1380 times)

D-Grower

• United States, Florida, zone 8
    • View Profile
Fresh kratom seeds
« on: October 25, 2021, 02:13:48 PM »
First time ever getting flowers on my trees. Had them growing for 5+ years.  Tested some seeds in a little pot to make sure they were good. Appears a few are sprouting.  Pretty sure they are definitely little kratoms.  Grown some from seeds before and they look right. Very small starting out. Viability is very short. Only about 2-3 months. Must be planted immediately.  Seeds super small. Thinking 50 or so seeds for $5 plus shipping USPS first class package.  Trades always considered. Looking for Piper betel, fish mint, water celery, ashitaba(not longevity spinach), zone 8 hardy fruits/veggies etc, cold hardy avocado seeds,  or make offers.

DG
Trying to grow it all!

Pokeweed

• Houston TX
    • View Profile
Re: Fresh kratom seeds
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2021, 08:21:41 AM »
Hi Derek, I can send you fish mint and ashitaba plants or cuttings. Maybe I'd have better success with kratom seeds than I did with cuttings. D

Surfmatt

• FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2021, 06:19:37 AM »
Do you know the strain? Do they cross pollinate? It's an interesting plant. I used to have rifat, bumblebee and malaysian years ago.

D-Grower

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2021, 07:43:43 AM »
The seeds are from the bumblebee strain.  Has to be self pollination.  Have two large trees flowering but they are clones of each other. About to harvest a few more fresh seed heads in the coming days if the cold front doesn't ruin them.
Trying to grow it all!

D-Grower

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2021, 10:51:56 AM »
A few fresh seed heads available.  Probably a few hundred seeds in one head since they are small seeds. Would consider trades for whole seed heads or seeds for seeds trades. Not easy to get these fresh like this. Viability is short but these were picked yesterday.  Must be planted asap since viability is only like 2 months.
Trying to grow it all!

JoshuaTilaranCR

• Los Angeles, Tilaran, Guanacaste, Costa Rica
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2021, 03:34:40 PM »
I wanted to send a pm but I don't think I can attach a picture. What do you think of this sprouting seedling here?

agroventuresperu

• Peru, San Martin, Rioja, Zone 12, 950m elevation
    • View Profile
    • AgroVentures Peru
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2021, 07:06:02 PM »
Do offspring of cloned Mitragyna speciosa germinate and mature successfully? Some plants require being crossed with genetically distinct individuals in order to produce viable seeds.

D-Grower

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2021, 09:22:59 AM »
I wanted to send a pm but I don't think I can attach a picture. What do you think of this sprouting seedling here?

That might be some. They do start off tiny. They are dicots too.

Do offspring of cloned Mitragyna speciosa germinate and mature successfully? Some plants require being crossed with genetically distinct individuals in order to produce viable seeds.
  Not 100% sure but when I tested them I do believe some of the seeds sprouted. Seedlings looked right similar  or same as pics above. Will make sure of viability before sending some to you. New pods coming now. Will test some when done. Plants are outside up under my porch. Bees pollinating them. They generally  handle the cold here if protected.
Trying to grow it all!

1rainman

• Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2022, 11:52:10 AM »
I know with grapes selfed seeds are not as vigorous due to inbreeding. They will still grow but it's best to have cross pollinated seeds.