Author Topic: Where To Buy Tropical Fruit Seeds Online  (Read 198293 times)

JF Paso

• Fl 9b
    • View Profile
Re: Where To Buy Tropical Fruit Seeds Online
« Reply #125 on: June 16, 2021, 06:16:07 PM »
Oscar, (Fruitlovers),  thank you for resolving this! 

Isolona

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 06, 2021, 05:38:59 PM »
Annonidium mannii is now available
We can ship to all locations across the globe
Contact us at
foresthousecam@gmail.com

http://www.sunshine-seeds.de/Fruit-und-Useful-Plants-A-31_1154c.html

This is a very big shop and sells for low prices online.
[/quote]
[/quote]

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #127 on: July 10, 2021, 02:25:31 AM »
To fruitlovers,  I sent all the information you requested to both of your email addresses.  You can refund me through PayPal.  Thank you.
Refund who? You want to give me your real name?
Oscar

DonF

• Miami, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 26, 2021, 11:18:35 AM »
Can anybody here advise where to buy fresh seeds for these:

Pitangatuba
Ross Sapote

Thanks in advance for your help with this.

pajoojo

• Greece, Attiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 01, 2021, 07:47:12 AM »
I purchased Vittelaria paradoxa from Oscar Jaitt / Fruit's Lover. Probably the worst seller I ever dealled with. He shipped the seeds in normal courier which took more than two months to arrive. Seeds arrived totally roten. When you are a pro you know these species need to be planted fastly and cannot travel for a while (like clove, cocoa, etc..) Asked for refund, no news.

Passion for spices, incense, mangoes and rare wood tropical

Forester

• Zone 4 Russia
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 03, 2021, 04:29:25 AM »
I purchased Vittelaria paradoxa from Oscar Jaitt / Fruit's Lover. Probably the worst seller I ever dealled with. He shipped the seeds in normal courier which took more than two months to arrive. Seeds arrived totally roten. When you are a pro you know these species need to be planted fastly and cannot travel for a while (like clove, cocoa, etc..) Asked for refund, no news.

It seems to me that this is not a completely fair statement. I recently bought seeds from Oscar, additionally paid for express delivery, the purchase amount was more than 1 thousand dollars, so I asked Oscar to indicate in the declaration the amount of 200 dollars to avoid customs duties in Russia. The parcel arrived to me 18 days after being shipped from the USA. All seeds are in good condition. I think you yourself made a mistake by not paying for express delivery.
❀ Sergey ❀

elouicious

• Houston, Tx
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 04, 2021, 10:06:44 AM »
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 10:12:27 AM by elouicious »

spaugh

• San Diego County California
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 15, 2022, 01:36:13 PM »

It seems to me that this is not a completely fair statement. I recently bought seeds from Oscar, additionally paid for express delivery, the purchase amount was more than 1 thousand dollars, so I asked Oscar to indicate in the declaration the amount of 200 dollars to avoid customs duties in Russia. The parcel arrived to me 18 days after being shipped from the USA. All seeds are in good condition. I think you yourself made a mistake by not paying for express delivery.

1000$ ?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 01:37:47 PM by spaugh »
Brad Spaugh

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 06, 2022, 11:03:14 AM »
John

Ognin525

• Buffalo, ny, zone 5b
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 12, 2022, 09:26:02 AM »
Hey guys just wanted to give u a heads up i spent 60 bucks on 9 seeds at farwell fruit farm and not a single one germinated and they dont really care. Also trade winds i had gotten a bunch of seeds i had better luck here but the pdm seeds not a single one germinated and they wont email back. Just wanted to let you guys know so u dont also get burnt. I have gotten plenty of seeds from marcos and close to 100% germination and hundreds of seeds from adam (flying fox fruits) also with close to 100% germination. Take it as you will just figured id give my peeps the warning.
Bill

Forester

• Zone 4 Russia
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: February 13, 2022, 07:05:29 AM »
1000$ ?
Does that surprise you? I purchased many different seeds 8)
❀ Sergey ❀

msk0072

• Greece, Crete, Hania, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 15, 2022, 03:20:09 PM »
Hey guys just wanted to give u a heads up i spent 60 bucks on 9 seeds at farwell fruit farm and not a single one germinated and they dont really care. Also trade winds i had gotten a bunch of seeds i had better luck here but the pdm seeds not a single one germinated and they wont email back. Just wanted to let you guys know so u dont also get burnt. I have gotten plenty of seeds from marcos and close to 100% germination and hundreds of seeds from adam (flying fox fruits) also with close to 100% germination. Take it as you will just figured id give my peeps the warning.
Farwell fruit farm is a new business. It surprises me that
Mike

Ognin525

• Buffalo, ny, zone 5b
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 15, 2022, 03:46:18 PM »
I got 2 plinia yasuni and 7 salticola seeds not one popped. Its been about 2.5-3 months i figured 1 would pop by now. I contacted them got one response then never emailed me back after that. Trade winds never emailed me back at all about the bad batch of pdm seeds (6) i got, not to mention the grub that came in with the seeds i guess that should have been my sign. They both have lost my future buisness for sure.
Bill

cassowary

• Australia FNQ 13a Tropical Monsoon
    • View Profile
    • cassowaryseeds
« Reply #138 on: February 16, 2022, 09:20:05 PM »
Expereince with farwell farms this far.
Had satisfactory germiantion of porcelia nitidifolia and plina salticola from farwell farms. Garcinia macrophylla will take longer to germinate but seeds look healthy when scratched.
It was easy to communicate with them and it's great that they offer DHL. Very good experience.

Experience with trade winds seeds this far.
Nothing arrived. Maybe it's beause the packge will have the keyword "seeds" on it. Even allowable import gets destoryed sometimes when handled by underpaied custom workers. Would be better if they offered DHL.

Experience with rare palm seeds online this far.
Nothing germinated (could be me or could be the seeds, will see once i get same species again), took a loooooong time to get here and support was non existant for months, strange legal ordering system, pobobly to make it hard for custopmer to get refund. Hopefully they can improve communication and quality.

Experience with seeds del mundo this far.
Nothing arrived. Maybe it's beause the packge will have the keyword "seeds" on it. Even allowable import gets destoryed sometimes when handled by underpaied custom workers. Would be better if they offered DHL.

Experience with sunshineseeds this far.
Not the best germination but I where happy to get something to germiante since they are from Germany, fast shipping, good package, had some seeds germinate
I didn't expect super fresh seeds like from a grower or local and with that in mind I was happy with my purchuase anyway. Looked at the list, "new listing" as these would hopefully be the freshest.

My experience with different sellers on etsy this far.
Low quality seeds or very old seeds, probobly won't use etsy again for this purpose.

My experience with different sellers on ebay this far.
A lot better then etsy. But still patchy seed quality. Ofcourse depends a lot on seller. Good to have some buyer protection.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 12:25:48 AM by cassowary »
CASSOWARYSEEDS.COM
Seed shop and Seed exchange

Gulfcoastgardening

• Largo, FL, 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 27, 2022, 09:13:15 PM »
I just want to contribute, I've purchased from Farwell a handful of times, out of five times I had a good experience four of the times.

The time that I received bad seeds, they were absolutely and completely horrific trash garbage. Think microwaved jabo seeds.

When I contacted them, they were able to refund the purchase and take care of me; I can't speak for everyone but I was pleased. The overall germination (of the good seeds) has been very high, and overall I've been pleased.

Each order I made was approximately $150.

Dan

NateTheGreat

• SF Bay Area, 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 28, 2022, 11:15:49 AM »
I tried Farwell once, seeds came in baggies with no medium to keep them humid. Germination was decent, maybe half came up. I planted 5 sabara seeds in one pot for example, 2 came up. I don't think I'll buy there again. FLNative has the freshest seeds I've found.

Grapelover

• China
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 07, 2022, 01:50:27 AM »
I ordered from Rarepalmseeds recently and not a single seed has germinated. No idea what's going. They looked healthy and I stratified them at 5c for three months. Nothing. I'm still waiting after over a month of being sown.
My order:
  *1    Ampelocissus martini
  - Seeds: 100 seeds
  - Size: Wholesale    YRVVAMMA    EUR 7.00    EUR 7.00
*1    Cyphostemma pachypus
  - Seeds: 10 seeds
  - Size: Small Packets    YRVVCYPA    EUR 11.30    EUR 11.30
*1    Leea indica – Bandicoot Berry
  - Size: Wholesale    YRVVLEIN    EUR 8.00    EUR 8.00
*1    Rhoicissus digitata
  - Size: Wholesale    YRVVRHDI    EUR 8.00    EUR 8.00
*1    Rhoicissus rhomboidea – Glossy Forest Grape, Rope-Wood Grape
  - Size: Wholesale    YRVVRHRH    EUR 9.00    EUR 9.00
*1    Rhoicissus tomentosa – Cape Grape
  - Size: Wholesale    YRVVRHTO    EUR 9.00    EUR 9.00
*1    Rhoicissus tridentata
  - Size: Wholesale    YRVVRHTR    EUR 9.00    EUR 9.00
*1    Vitis mustangensis – Mustang Grape
  - Size: Wholesale    YRVVVIMU    EUR 17.00    EUR 17.00
*1    Cissus verticillata – Princess Vine, Curtain Ivy
  - Size: Wholesale    YRVVCIVE    EUR 19.00    EUR 19.00
*1    Cissus elongata
  - Seeds: 10 seeds
  - Size: Small Packets    YRVVCIEL    EUR 5.70    EUR 5.70

I'm planning to order from Borneo-aquatic next. Has anyone heard anything about them?

brcb7tuner

• Livingston
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 02, 2022, 12:27:40 PM »
Best purchase so far in my 5 years of spending way to much on tropical fruit trees.

Bought a bunch of rio grande cherry seeds from Kevin, screen name (Kevin Jones) that were already a great price for corg seeds, then they were of a superior variety called nelita. He also miss counted and threw in a bit extra  ;)

This is my fourth time buying from Kevin, has always been really great. Thanks again

Treehousechicks

• Hawaii
    • View Profile
    • Treehousechicks seed shop
« Reply #143 on: June 14, 2022, 08:32:35 PM »
Aloha new family! My name is kelli and I’ve been selling exotic fruit seeds for about 2 years now out of Hawaii! I was pointed to this forum and already see some familiar names (Oscar ❤️🫶🏼). I’m glad to be here. I’m not sure how to work this site just yet but I’m a quick learner and here for the long run! Thanks for accepting me! ❤️

Treehousechicks

• Hawaii
    • View Profile
    • Treehousechicks seed shop
« Reply #144 on: June 14, 2022, 09:36:52 PM »
I forgot to put in my last post that you can find my Instagram to see all what I have: @THCSeeds_ or @treehousechicks and I’ve got 100k followers on Tik tok with my username there being @treehousechicks       I share tons of awesome videos on fruit. Reach out and say hi! I’d love to meet ya ❤️  Thank you.

just.jim

• Thousand Oaks
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 14, 2022, 11:58:09 PM »
I forgot to put in my last post that you can find my Instagram to see all what I have: @THCSeeds_ or @treehousechicks and I’ve got 100k followers on Tik tok with my username there being @treehousechicks       I share tons of awesome videos on fruit. Reach out and say hi! I’d love to meet ya ❤️  Thank you.

Welcome!

I've followed her IG and can vouch for some interesting content.  Welcome to the forums.

chicomoralessxm

• Caribbean St. maarten zone 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 01, 2022, 05:04:39 PM »
I have bought seeds many times from Matt at tradewindsfruit good delivery and germination. If If I had any issue he has responded to my emails promptly and the issue is resolved. Not the cheapest and good variety and good CS.

Bought from sunshineseeds a few times with mixed results on germination and as they are in EU may not always get the seeds :)
They had some ornamental seeds could not find elsewhere.

There are some great people on this forum for seeds though.

Isolona

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 14, 2022, 04:01:14 PM »
Another FAQ topic.
Can everyone please help add to this list? I know there are a ton more sources for seeds.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 04:08:02 PM by Isolona »

Isolona

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 14, 2022, 04:03:26 PM »
Forest House Cameroon: foresthousecam@gmail.com

Wdjm

• POQUOSON
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 08, 2022, 07:45:20 AM »
A site I've been using recently for both seeds and (small) plants. Seasonal - she doesn't have the whole inventory all the time. But I've had good success with what I've gotten. Not 100% (They are plants, after all...and shipping post-COVID has been tricky.) but very good results overall. Site is Sri Lankan based, I'm US.

https://www.selaseeds.com/