Author Topic: Selling VERY MATURE VOODOO CHILD dragonfruit cuttings.  (Read 720 times)

BonsaiBeast

• San Diego CA, USDA zone 10a, sunset zone 24
    • View Profile
    • BonsaiBeast
Selling VERY MATURE VOODOO CHILD dragonfruit cuttings.
« on: May 22, 2021, 05:48:07 PM »
Very mature cuttings of Voodoo Child dragonfruit from a 10+ year old plant.

Voodoo child is very similar to Sugar Dragon (S8), some argue they are the same.

Either way, voodoo child is one of the most productive, fertile varieties making very sweet rose-flavored fruits. It has one of the longest bloom seasons and is arguably the best supplier of pollen among any variety. 

$10 for a nice standard cutting of about 16"  Some of these cuttings are extremely long and are priced accordingly.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 05:52:51 PM by BonsaiBeast »

FV Fruit Freak

• USA, Southern California, Fountain Valley, 10B
    • View Profile
Re: Selling VERY MATURE VOODOO CHILD dragonfruit cuttings.
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2021, 09:36:41 PM »
What’s up BB! Great meeting you at the yangmei exchange, wish I woulda had more time to rap, damn kids...Are you growing S8 too? If so, does the fruit production, pollen, taste, fertility, etc. all match up with Voodoo? I’ve heard they are the same as well.
Nate

BonsaiBeast

• San Diego CA, USDA zone 10a, sunset zone 24
    • View Profile
    • BonsaiBeast
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2021, 01:55:47 PM »
What’s up BB! Great meeting you at the yangmei exchange, wish I woulda had more time to rap, damn kids...Are you growing S8 too? If so, does the fruit production, pollen, taste, fertility, etc. all match up with Voodoo? I’ve heard they are the same as well.

Yo man! It was cool meeting you some weeks back!

As for voodoo vs s8, I just acquired the voodoo child so I have not tried the fruit. Visually it looks really similar to s8. Perhaps the flower is slightly different in color among other things.

I read somewhere that an official DNA test was done that confirmed they were in fact different but highly related

pop_kun

• Hayward, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2021, 03:29:54 PM »
Got my cuttings yesterday. Ginormous and gorgeous :D

Thanks so much!