Author Topic: Any Damage from Elsa?  (Read 937 times)

fliptop

• SWFL10a
    • View Profile
Any Damage from Elsa?
« on: July 07, 2021, 07:44:15 PM »
I got a lot of rain and had a bunch of standing water on the property this morning. It's gone down, but there's still some standing water and mucky soil where the water went away.

My canistel's leaves are Frozen as if blowing in the wind. There was no wind blowing when I took this photo. A seedling Coconut Cream Mango tree was also adjusted by the wind. I thought about straightening it out, but decided to Let It Go, Let It Gooo

I was afraid my first ever homegrown Sugar Apples might get knocked off by the wind, but they're hanging on. Seedlings are 3 or 4 years old, seeds from tradewinds.

Anyone else experience any effects of Elsa?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 08:31:01 PM by fliptop »

canito 17

• Puerto rico
    • View Profile
Re: Any Damage from Elsa?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2021, 07:56:14 PM »
The storm was 200 miles from Puerto Rico and LUMA said that this  is the reason why I still don't have electricity . Quanta and Atco co. are a fraud. Privatization isn't the answer!

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2021, 08:53:25 PM »
I am missing a yellow leaf from one of my mangoes.  I have been looking for it and its nowhere to be found.  I was gonna file a claim but then I realized the lawn guys came and must have mulched it up.
- Rob

zands

• mango_zango
    • Zone 10b, Florida, USA, 33321
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2021, 09:14:59 AM »
fliptop   ---- Looks like minimal damage. You posted this to show your dog?

fliptop

• SWFL10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2021, 10:45:33 AM »
zands -- no, but he is handsome, isn't he? I was surprised at how much flooding occurred in Punta Gorda, and wanted to know if anyone else had any damage or effects from Elsa. I guess my Jackfruit seedlings will let me know soon enough if this flooding damage was indeed minimal. Hopefully that helps clarify?

Rob -- if you need a yellow mango leaf, I can scour the yard when the floodwater recedes to see if I can secure one for you. In the meantime, maybe consider replacing the lawn guys?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 08:54:46 PM by fliptop »

1rainman

• Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2021, 05:14:28 PM »
There was like a three foot surge of water from the oceans/canals at night but went back down before sun up. The remaining pools of water are areas that don't have good drainage and the surge wasn't able to go back into the water. I'm in Port Charlotte so it is the same as Punta Gorda but Punta Gorda is 100 year old town with poor drainage.

canito 17

• Puerto rico
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2021, 07:46:38 PM »
My problem wasn't Elsa. My problem is LUMA energy

fliptop

• SWFL10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2021, 08:56:09 PM »
I misunderstood, canito 17, and have edited for clarity.

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2021, 08:59:02 AM »

This Rogue variety avocado is now leaning North
80 year old mother-in-law used wire and a steak to save it. The ground was quite saturated

« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 09:01:50 AM by bovine421 »
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk