Author Topic: 2022 Second Yangmei (Myrica Rubra) Group Order(Tentative)  (Read 45080 times)

Pasca

• Los Angeles, California, 9B
    • View Profile
Re: 2022 Second Yangmei (Myrica Rubra) Group Order(Tentative)
« Reply #225 on: February 22, 2022, 02:26:55 PM »
May I ask the members of this thread to update those of us who are interested in purchasing but missed out on the deadline on how the trees are and how you revive them?  If you can share your method of reviving the plants such as what soil you use, how to maintain humidity, temperature, etc...  That would be tremendously educational and helpful.

Thank you very much.

JCorte

• Laguna Beach and Fallbrook, CA, zone 10b/10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 22, 2022, 03:25:16 PM »
Hi Pasca, there is a lot of useful information in the following forum threads:

https://tropicalfruitforum.com/index.php?topic=46474.0

https://tropicalfruitforum.com/index.php?topic=43270.0
Growing info starts around page 10

Janet

bill_bayarea

• Campbell, Santa Clara County, CA 95008, plant zone 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 22, 2022, 04:24:19 PM »
K-Rimes and Joe,

It looks apparent that you have SoCal folks willing to assist in any way possible.  Lets get a count of the total number of trees headed southbound from Bill and coordinate when we have a final date for pickup.

Thank you again for everything.  Looking forward to making this happen.

In total there are about 240 trees for the SoCal folks.

Pasca

• Los Angeles, California, 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 22, 2022, 04:24:31 PM »
Thank you, Janet.

Jeramyl SoCal

• USA, CA/So CA, San Diego, 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 22, 2022, 04:50:02 PM »
SoCal purchasers.  Let's use this separate thread to keep it simple for delivery coordination.  This will keep the original thread easier to follow for Bill-bayarea as he takes care of all the questions popping up.  Just a thought.  I had a few of you reach out to me privately already so we can shift to another thread to keep it easy.

https://tropicalfruitforum.com/index.php?topic=46557.0

Hopefully that is ok with you Bill-bayarea.

Jeramyl SoCal

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 22, 2022, 04:59:41 PM »
1) sunken in water

I think soaking in water is best for bare rooted plants like these. Vitamin water if possible like with Superthrive or B1 from HD.

If you could bring my order back, it'd be great, K-Rimes. Happy to compensate for the travel and hassles.

I have a bit of Superthrive on hand but will buy another bottle for this. I can make up a rubbermaid bin with 5 gallon of RO water or something.

Hello K-Rimes.  I think the moisture is the most important part to start them rehydrating.  My two cents would be just use water and let everyone take care of their own nutrition once they receive their plants.  See Simon's comments on how adding to much to the water can actually cause damage by pulling water back out of the trees.

I think if you keep it simple and just use water, that is more than half the battle.  On the other thread for SoCal deliveries, folks can discuss: https://tropicalfruitforum.com/index.php?topic=46557.0

K-Rimes

• Santa Barbara
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 22, 2022, 07:40:21 PM »
K-Rimes and Joe,

It looks apparent that you have SoCal folks willing to assist in any way possible.  Lets get a count of the total number of trees headed southbound from Bill and coordinate when we have a final date for pickup.

Thank you again for everything.  Looking forward to making this happen.

Do you have a rough idea in volume how big that would be? It seems like a ton, even for my 8' bed truck.

Jeramyl SoCal

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 22, 2022, 08:36:34 PM »
[/quote]

Do you have a rough idea in volume how big that would be? It seems like a ton, even for my 8' bed truck.
[/quote]

Joe or Bill may be able to chime in on this based upon the packaging last time?  Guys?

SouthBayHapaJoe

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 22, 2022, 09:09:29 PM »
You will have plenty of room if they are the same or near the same size. I had 140 trees with plenty of room in my Chevy Colorado. Bill will let everyone know when things get closer to pick up time.

bill_bayarea

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 22, 2022, 09:47:22 PM »

[/quote]

Joe or Bill may be able to chime in on this based upon the packaging last time?  Guys?
[/quote]

It will be 8 boxes at size  33"L x 14”W x 14"H .
 One for each of 7 female varieties, and one for male trees.

K-Rimes

• Santa Barbara
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 22, 2022, 10:06:59 PM »
I calculated that I can take all the boxes with no issues and even better hearing your review Joe. Thanks for the info on that, Bill and Joe!

Count me in to grab all the trees for SoCal so long as it is not this Friday or Saturday.

dadloring

• Canada/BC/Victoria/Zone9a
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 22, 2022, 10:31:29 PM »

[/quote]

[/quote]

Do you know the approximate weight on one of these boxes? Wondering for shipping quotes?

Fattyfigs

• United States, Southern California, Chula Vista
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 23, 2022, 12:30:27 AM »
I will be driving up there to pick something else up so I plan to pick up Jozephs, Kevin’s & my order.
Do you have the estimated day now so I can head up the night before? I know it can be delayed for inspection. 

bill_bayarea

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 23, 2022, 02:22:35 AM »

[/quote]

Do you know the approximate weight on one of these boxes? Wondering for shipping quotes?
[/quote]

Not that heavy, might be about 100 kg.

bill_bayarea

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 23, 2022, 02:24:29 AM »
I will be driving up there to pick something else up so I plan to pick up Jozephs, Kevin’s & my order.
Do you have the estimated day now so I can head up the night before? I know it can be delayed for inspection.

We expect one person can come to the bay area to pick up all trees for SoCal folks.

CarolinaZone

• USA,NC,7B
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: February 23, 2022, 10:15:19 AM »
I'm basically looking for the same. Hoping to save a few bucks on travel. There's about $100 difference every week that I plan the trip earlier. Currently, I am expecting to leave Friday 🙏 but Tuesday would be alright for me.The important thing for me is to get the trees as soon as they come out of inspection.

Thanks Bill.

Tustinfruitnerd

• Tustin
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 23, 2022, 11:06:26 AM »
Bill,

Has there been any updates? Is the phyto certificate approved yet?

K-Rimes

• Santa Barbara
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 23, 2022, 11:14:40 AM »

If you could pick my order up and those of all SoCal members, that would be much appreciated. I'm on your way back to SD and you'll drive right by my house on the 154, no more than a 30 second detour. I'll PM you if this is the case.

So is it settled then, Fattyfigs is picking up SOCAL's orders?

Fattyfigs

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 23, 2022, 02:01:08 PM »
Bill, K-Rimes, ManVFruit,

I'm new to forums. Sorry I couldn't see the replies by phone. I'm on computer now.

If Bill can sort boxes into LA and SoCa. I can probably help as a driver since I'm going straight back. I'm going to pick something up in that area anyway.

I can drive up the night before if I know an expected date. I'm retired so I'm flexible.  I would only want to have the boxes handled by who ever does pick up.  For example if K-Rimes meets me on route to pick up for LA. That way he can do a quick inventory of his group and the drop off is fast. I will not be sorting thru boxes to deliver by special care method. I believe all are in boxes with damp material. My goal would to be drop off quickly and keep moving.
So pick up from Bill, if they are boxed and ready it would be awesome. The boxes would go to K-Rimes along 101? and than continue south to meet ManVFruit on 5 and at that time I will take my trees and head home, will will inventory and people can pick up from him.
I know a couple people from the group and I'm part of the fig community normally so I know people get excited about their trees and want them asap and safe. I can be in contact with K-rimes & ManvFruit about my location and stops. I will give Bill, K-rimes and ManvFruit my phone number.  I can't have a 100 people texting me while I'm driving. ManvFruit knows me & where I live so if some reason he couldn't pick up..I can give my address to others but I'm going to be tired from driving and prefer him to take the SoCal boxes.  I want everything to stay in boxes so there is no chance of mix ups. If only a few people have access to the boxes it is easier.
If possible may I also ask for a delivery/drive fee. My husband already thinks I'm nuts for getting started in a new hobby. I have a large SUV and it will take a couple tanks of gas to go just one direct. 
I also know that sometimes inspections can take time if not delivered on time. I want others to understand this. I would plan to update others thru there pickup source if they want me to drive.  Let me know if this sounds reasonable.
thanks Amy, Chula Vista

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 23, 2022, 02:45:12 PM »
Bill,

I think you have the weight mixed up.

[/quote]

If it's 100 kg. that is 220 lbs. It can't be that heavy ? ?

bill_bayarea

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 23, 2022, 02:58:02 PM »
Bill,

I think you have the weight mixed up.

If it's 100 kg. that is 220 lbs. It can't be that heavy ? ?
[/quote]
It is for total 8 boxes.

K-Rimes

• Santa Barbara
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 23, 2022, 03:13:52 PM »

I'm new to forums. Sorry I couldn't see the replies by phone. I'm on computer now.

If Bill can sort boxes into LA and SoCa. I can probably help as a driver since I'm going straight back. I'm going to pick something up in that area anyway.

I can drive up the night before if I know an expected date. I'm retired so I'm flexible.  I would only want to have the boxes handled by who ever does pick up.  For example if K-Rimes meets me on route to pick up for LA. That way he can do a quick inventory of his group and the drop off is fast. I will not be sorting thru boxes to deliver by special care method. I believe all are in boxes with damp material. My goal would to be drop off quickly and keep moving.
So pick up from Bill, if they are boxed and ready it would be awesome. The boxes would go to K-Rimes along 101? and than continue south to meet ManVFruit on 5 and at that time I will take my trees and head home, will will inventory and people can pick up from him.
I know a couple people from the group and I'm part of the fig community normally so I know people get excited about their trees and want them asap and safe. I can be in contact with K-rimes & ManvFruit about my location and stops. I will give Bill, K-rimes and ManvFruit my phone number.  I can't have a 100 people texting me while I'm driving. ManvFruit knows me & where I live so if some reason he couldn't pick up..I can give my address to others but I'm going to be tired from driving and prefer him to take the SoCal boxes.  I want everything to stay in boxes so there is no chance of mix ups. If only a few people have access to the boxes it is easier.
If possible may I also ask for a delivery/drive fee. My husband already thinks I'm nuts for getting started in a new hobby. I have a large SUV and it will take a couple tanks of gas to go just one direct. 
I also know that sometimes inspections can take time if not delivered on time. I want others to understand this. I would plan to update others thru there pickup source if they want me to drive.  Let me know if this sounds reasonable.
thanks Amy, Chula Vista

I appreciate you picking them up if that's what the group wants Amy, thank you. In my case, I am on your way back and hope to meet you on the 154 or you can stop by my house. It sounds like we will need to open the boxes to get my trees out (are there any other Central Coast buyers?)

I am still happy to drive up and bring trees back to SB if that's better for other members.

bill_bayarea

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 23, 2022, 03:22:41 PM »

thanks Amy, Chula Vista

thanks Amy, Chula Vista

Hi Amy,  thank you!
  I know it will be a long trip from Chula Vista to the bay area.
 As we did in the previous time, we can have one contact for each area in SoCal: LA, Orange County, San Diego.
I can prepare all trees in 8 boxes ( one variety in one box, all male trees will in one box) for you, so you pick up 8 boxes,
and three contacts will come to you on the way you go back home. So you do not have to meet each individual buyer. Folks in each area will pick up trees from these three POCs.

You like to make a stop in the Santa Barbara, LA, Orange county, and San Diego, and let the three contacts to get the trees for each area?
 We are thinking of what is  the best option for you and everyone in SoCal.

Fattyfigs

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 23, 2022, 04:24:25 PM »
Bill I normally just drive a straight route to my brother in laws (going before pickup) I can hang out there a bit before picking up the trees.
The 3 people you decide to meet me on route back to Chula Vista will be counting & checking for their group.  I figured I'd be tired and counting 500 trees a couple times might get cuckoo.  I drive to SB often and it is a good 8 hours. You will have 3 lists for the drop offs? I just don't want anyone upset if someone is picking thru the trees. I know some people can be particular.  I assume particular buyers would request their trees mailed. I'm easy going and prefer no drama. lol  I just want peace and trees and maybe gas money. lol  I can give my number to the 3 people and update on driving status. They need to meet me on the route since I don't usually roam far from the freeway.

K-Rimes

• Santa Barbara
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 23, 2022, 06:50:48 PM »
Bill I normally just drive a straight route to my brother in laws (going before pickup) I can hang out there a bit before picking up the trees.
The 3 people you decide to meet me on route back to Chula Vista will be counting & checking for their group.  I figured I'd be tired and counting 500 trees a couple times might get cuckoo.  I drive to SB often and it is a good 8 hours. You will have 3 lists for the drop offs? I just don't want anyone upset if someone is picking thru the trees. I know some people can be particular.  I assume particular buyers would request their trees mailed. I'm easy going and prefer no drama. lol  I just want peace and trees and maybe gas money. lol  I can give my number to the 3 people and update on driving status. They need to meet me on the route since I don't usually roam far from the freeway.

I sent you a Private Message here on the Forum, you can see it in the top bar called "My Messages". I hope we can make it worth for you to stop by on your way south. Please let me know how I can help. Thanks again