Author Topic: 2022 Second Yangmei (Myrica Rubra) Group Order(Tentative)  (Read 45107 times)

FV Fruit Freak

• USA, Southern California, Fountain Valley, 10B
    • View Profile
Re: 2022 Second Yangmei (Myrica Rubra) Group Order(Tentative)
« Reply #250 on: February 23, 2022, 08:04:54 PM »
That’s a crazy amount of driving for Amy...

Another option is to have Amy only pick up for San Diego at Bills so she doesn’t have to make additional stops.

Kevin can drive to Bills to pick up for LA and Orange County.

And Joe can pick up at Kevin’s house for the rest of LA and all of Orange County.

Pick up point for Orange County/LA would be at Joes home in El Segundo.

I don’t think it’s necessary to have a point person in Orange County, it’s not that far from LA and people from Orange County should be able to pick up in LA, just may have to sit in some shitty traffic >:(

Nate

K-Rimes

• Santa Barbara
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 23, 2022, 08:14:08 PM »
I like that plan. Seems a little easier. The stops can be tough along the way so I feel for Amy on not wanting to do so. It's a heck of a lot of driving no matter how you slice it. If I can play part in halving drive time for the LA/OC folks, I am happy to do that. The straight shot for SD trees will also be nice, I am sure.

Fattyfigs

• United States, Southern California, Chula Vista
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 23, 2022, 09:53:52 PM »
Just keep me filled in on what you decide.

Fattyfigs

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 23, 2022, 10:05:16 PM »
Just keep me filled in on what you decide.

Its up to Bill and your area. Just let me know. I will be up there for sure and I can pass San Diego's stuff on to ManvFruit.  If K rimes wants to drive to Bills he can. I'm going to try to drive up the day before so I can get rest. I have family up there but it is still a long drive.
I will continue to check in here. I'm cleaning up a mess in the yard from this storm and prepping for the delivery!

bill_bayarea

• Campbell, Santa Clara County, CA 95008, plant zone 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 23, 2022, 10:17:54 PM »
Folks,
 Flight has been booked. It's 3/1/22 Tuesday. This time it is a direct flight, and the trees will be here on same day 3/1.
The trees will be in USDA for inspection for 1-2 days. If things go smooth, 3/4/22(likely) or 3/3/22 is the targeting date for us to get the trees. If trees cannot be released on 3/4(Friday), then we have to wait till Monday 3/7/22.

Nick C

• New Jersey Zone 7A
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: February 23, 2022, 10:33:25 PM »
Folks,
 Flight has been booked. It's 3/1/22 Tuesday. This time it is a direct flight, and the trees will be here on same day 3/1.
The trees will be in USDA for inspection for 1-2 days. If things go smooth, 3/4/22(likely) or 3/3/22 is the targeting date for us to get the trees. If trees cannot be released on 3/4(Friday), then we have to wait till Monday 3/7/22.

Nice!

Bill,

Sorry if this was already answered, what is the process for getting these trees to the east coast?

Thanks again for coordinating this

bill_bayarea

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 23, 2022, 10:58:24 PM »
Folks,

Nice!

Bill,

Sorry if this was already answered, what is the process for getting these trees to the east coast?

Is it possible to do combined shipping for the following orders? If not, I will mail them separately.

Four orders from Florida
 Palmetto Bay, FL
 Southwest Ranches, FL 33331
 Coral Gables, FL
 Port St. Lucie, FL

Three orders from Tx
  Houston, TX 77021
 Plano, TX 75075

Two orders from Pueto Rico

For other areas, trees will be mailed out separately by USPS priority. The shipping cost is paid by each buyer.

pinkturtle

• LA county, CA Zone 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 23, 2022, 10:58:35 PM »
Folks,

Hi Bill,

That is awesome.  Thank you very much. 

Al

roblack

• Miami, FL 11A
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 24, 2022, 12:02:13 AM »
Folks,

Nice!

Bill,

Is it possible to do combined shipping for the following orders? If not, I will mail them separately.

Four orders from Florida
 Palmetto Bay, FL
 Coral Gables, FL
 Port St. Lucie, FL

Great news!!!!

Palmetto Bay (me) is fairly close to Coral Gables. You can send to me and I can help out the CG member. Or if other members want to come down, happy to hold for everyone.

Port St Lucie and SW Ranches are pretty far away.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 12:04:44 AM by roblack »

Satya

• North Miami Beach, FL , Zone 10b
    • View Profile
    • Growing rare tropicals and fruit trees.
« Reply #259 on: February 24, 2022, 12:13:55 AM »
Hi Bill,Southwest Ranches, FL is fine with me. Is it at forum member kalan's place?
I am in North Miami Beach and if anyone around from here has ordered, i can help distribute.
Also let's coordinate  and share the shipping price amongst us for members collecting at Southwest Ranches.

bill_bayarea

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 24, 2022, 12:35:36 AM »
Hi Bill,Southwest Ranches, FL is fine with me. Is it at forum member kalan's place?
I am in North Miami Beach and if anyone around from here has ordered, i can help distribute.
Also let's coordinate  and share the shipping price amongst us for members collecting at Southwest Ranches.

Yes, it is Kalan. Do you live close by?

Thanks, bill

kalan

• FL Broward Zone 10b southwest ranches
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 24, 2022, 06:13:55 AM »
Yes, Bill. I just now saw this and responded to you privately about shipping. I am happy to be the drop off point for Satya. I'll have his three plants potted up for him when he arrives to pick them up!
Thank you once again.
Kalan (Keith)

Satya

• North Miami Beach, FL , Zone 10b
    • View Profile
    • Growing rare tropicals and fruit trees.
« Reply #262 on: February 24, 2022, 10:34:15 AM »
Thank you Bill and Keith. I am home, vacationing with plants until the 9th so will come visit you anytime.

K-Rimes

• Santa Barbara
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 24, 2022, 10:52:21 AM »
Well, is it decided then? I'm picking up for LA folks and Fattyfigs is just taking SD trees?

Just let me know Jeramyl, Joe and LA folks!

elouicious

• Houston, Tx
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 24, 2022, 11:41:36 AM »
Folks,

Nice!

Bill,

Four orders from Florida
 Palmetto Bay, FL
 Coral Gables, FL
 Port St. Lucie, FL

Three orders from Tx
  Houston, TX 77021
 Plano, TX 75075

Two orders from Pueto Rico

For other areas, trees will be mailed out separately by USPS priority. The shipping cost is paid by each buyer.

Great!

I am happy to receive the trees for the Texas people again- Not sure who the third one is but me and umass discussed already

Fattyfigs

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 24, 2022, 12:32:10 PM »
Folks,

Bill,
 I will be planning to drive up to Napa 3/2 so I get rest before the trip back. If I have to stay a couple days I'll just be a thorn in my family's side for a couple more days but I will be rested  ;D
I would be amazed if the inspection would be done by 3/3 late afternoon. If possible can I get an address pm'd to me so I can plan my route.  Also, I believe I am hauling for the San Diego group or couple pick ups on the way back? I just like to know my plans.

K Rime/ Man4Fruit or any others that planned to meet please let me know your thoughts so I know how many boxes or what I am picking up at Bills. I like plans.

*Also Side note I think I might have a couple extra fig trees available for this trip if anyone if interested.
I will be hauling a few extras up towards Napa as usual.
That is the reason I drive up. I have fig community friends up there that purchase a few of my extras.  At the top of my head I think I have Bass Favorite Fig but I will have to look at the rest. They would be in 1 gallons.

ronke47

• Santa Monica, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 24, 2022, 12:48:16 PM »
Sorry for being out of the loop. Have been without a computer for most of a week.  But  yes I am totally onboard with donating $$ to whoever does the long drive north and brings back our trees to SoCal.  Like many others, I am enormously grateful to Joe for taking such good care of our trees until we could get them (and to Bill of course for being willing to run this craziness once again.

Joe, I assume you will be the pickup point for the LA area again, regardless of who does the Big Drive.   If someone else does The Drive, please let me know so I can send you props and dinero.

ManVFruit

• San Diego, California
    • View Profile
    • MANvFRUIT
« Reply #267 on: February 24, 2022, 01:12:13 PM »
Folks,

Bill,
 I will be planning to drive up to Napa 3/2 so I get rest before the trip back. If I have to stay a couple days I'll just be a thorn in my family's side for a couple more days but I will be rested  ;D
I would be amazed if the inspection would be done by 3/3 late afternoon. If possible can I get an address pm'd to me so I can plan my route.  Also, I believe I am hauling for the San Diego group or couple pick ups on the way back? I just like to know my plans.

K Rime/ Man4Fruit or any others that planned to meet please let me know your thoughts so I know how many boxes or what I am picking up at Bills. I like plans.

*Also Side note I think I might have a couple extra fig trees available for this trip if anyone if interested.
That is the reason I drive up. I have fig community friends up there that purchase a few of my extras.  At the top of my head I think I have Bass Favorite Fig but I will have to look at the rest. They would be in 1 gallons.

Hi Amy, Bill will let you know how many boxes, I guess if you are only picking for SD folks its easier and smoother ride for you, just let me know where to meet you when you get back. Once Bill confirms the plan we can start the gas $$ collection as well.
I am hoping Bill will move the conversation to emails for the groups like last time; so we can share more specific information..

bill_bayarea

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 24, 2022, 01:47:19 PM »
Folks,

Bill,

Amy, when do you come to the bay area? If you have a couple days resting here already in the bay area before the trees are released, I am comfortable with your picking all the trees for SoCal folks.

It will be 8 boxes at size  33"L x 14”W x 14"H .
 Total about 260 trees,  one box for each of 7 female varieties, and one for male trees.  Each box will be about 30 lb or less.

Socal folks, please finalize who is/are coming to pick trees. Amy only, or both Amy and Kevin. I am ok with both options.
 Please add some contributions to their gas spending and timing.

There are about 26 orders in Socal.

Fattyfigs

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 24, 2022, 02:26:02 PM »
I got the clear on dates with my husband. So I'm flexible. I can pick up all if need be. I just need times and dates. I figured if I head a day ahead that gives me plenty time to rest. If it gets held up a little my husband knows now. I just didn't want him think I'm running off on a Boondoggle. lol
Kevin can let us know what he wants to do. I am assuming. I figure I'm probably an hour and 35 mins North from Campbell California. As I get notification I will head towards Bills. Than head out from there or where ever the pick up is.

SouthBayHapaJoe

• View Profile
« Reply #270 on: February 24, 2022, 03:53:59 PM »
Amy,

Hi, It looks like Bill is Ok with you picking up Socal orders. I posted on the other message but I'll post here too. I live close to the 105/405 which should be on your way home in El Segundo. If you want to stop at my house for a break and I can have everything ready and be a distribution point for LA.
Joe

RevivalR00ts

• US, CA, Corona, 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 24, 2022, 04:07:49 PM »
I see there is a column for location on the order list, but most is not populated. It’d be nice to see how many orders are in SD, how many in OC and LA. If Any picks up for all those locations, it sounds like Joe will pick up for LA, manvsfruit for SD... I don’t mind picking for OC. That would mean any can make 3 drops along the coast on her way down.

bill_bayarea

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 24, 2022, 04:21:14 PM »
I see there is a column for location on the order list, but most is not populated. It’d be nice to see how many orders are in SD, how many in OC and LA. If Any picks up for all those locations, it sounds like Joe will pick up for LA, manvsfruit for SD... I don’t mind picking for OC. That would mean any can make 3 drops along the coast on her way down.

I will send out the Socal order list with location info to the SoCal folks. Then you decide who is the POC for each of three locations.
Right now, Joseph (SouthBayHapaJoe) has decided to be the POC in the LA.

pinkturtle

• LA county, CA Zone 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 24, 2022, 04:24:08 PM »

I will send out the Socal order list with location info to the SoCal folks. Then you decide who is the POC for each of three locations.
Right now, Joseph (SouthBayHapaJoe) has decided to be the POC in the LA.

Hi Bill,

Please put me down for LA location will pick up from Joe in El Segundo.

Thanks,
Al

bill_bayarea

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 24, 2022, 04:27:48 PM »
here is the list.

Total 26 people.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 04:37:48 PM by bill_bayarea »