Author Topic: 2022 Second Yangmei (Myrica Rubra) Group Order(Tentative)  (Read 45863 times)

RevivalR00ts

• US, CA, Corona, 9b
    • View Profile
Re: 2022 Second Yangmei (Myrica Rubra) Group Order(Tentative)
« Reply #300 on: February 24, 2022, 10:44:35 PM »
Can you please add a column to indicate where/who for LA / OC / SD?
I can go both LA or OC but have no idea where that would be. This would also allow us to compensate the right people.
Edit, I see you chose OC pickup. Message me your location. I’ll coordinate with you.
I don’t understand what you’re asking for. A column for where/who? For LA, Joe is in El Segundo. I am in corona, but go through OC nearly everyday.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 10:46:07 PM by RevivalR00ts »

pinkturtle

• LA county, CA Zone 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 24, 2022, 10:50:12 PM »
The LA pick up is in El Segundo near LAX. Take the 105 all the way near the end. 1 left on main St and a right onto my street. Only need to compensate AMY as I am just a distribution point. Cant wait to see all my favorite people again. Im putting together a trade list if anyone else is interested besides FVFruitFreak :)
Hi Amy,

Please provide your PayPal info and the compensation amount, I will send the amount to you since most likely I won't be able to meet with you in person.

Hi Joe,

I am interesting with the trading.  Please let me know.

Thanks,
Al

kh0110

• USA, Cerritos, CA 90703, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 24, 2022, 10:57:27 PM »
Can you please add a column to indicate where/who for LA / OC / SD?
I can go both LA or OC but have no idea where that would be. This would also allow us to compensate the right people.
Edit, I see you chose OC pickup. Message me your location. I’ll coordinate with you.
I don’t understand what you’re asking for. A column for where/who? For LA, Joe is in El Segundo. I am in corona, but go through OC nearly everyday.

@RevivalR00ts, PM sent. I was only concerned about you location, Corona. :) It's quite a drive from OC.
Thera

CA Hockey

• Orange, CA 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 24, 2022, 11:45:32 PM »
Revival roots - I'll send you a message.

RevivalR00ts

• US, CA, Corona, 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 24, 2022, 11:52:59 PM »
Ok Socal group, looks like we are almost set on the drop points for Amy and the Points of Contacts.

Just need confirmation from Tustinfruitnerd on OC or LA.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 12:11:42 AM by RevivalR00ts »

gozp

• West Hills, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 25, 2022, 12:01:30 AM »
I can pick up for LA/ Sfv area. Lax fine with me

RevivalR00ts

• US, CA, Corona, 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 25, 2022, 12:06:16 AM »
I can pick up for LA/ Sfv area. Lax fine with me

Awesome, I have you marked for LA pickup. Joe will be picking up the bulk amount for the LA group. If there is anyone who designates you to pick up for them, from Joe, have them post here and or message me so that I can reflect that in the list.

Thanks!

Fattyfigs

• United States, Southern California, Chula Vista
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 25, 2022, 12:55:07 AM »
The LA pick up is in El Segundo near LAX. Take the 105 all the way near the end. 1 left on main St and a right onto my street. Only need to compensate AMY as I am just a distribution point. Cant wait to see all my favorite people again. Im putting together a trade list if anyone else is interested besides FVFruitFreak :)
Hi Amy,

Please provide your PayPal info and the compensation amount, I will send the amount to you since most likely I won't be able to meet with you in person.

Hi Joe,

I am interesting with the trading.  Please let me know.

Thanks,
Al

Thanks Al,
I appreciate it. I'm guessing it will take at least 10 hours. I travel there a lot without stops. Non stop is at least 8 hrs. I drive a decent speed too. Normally I grab gas, bathroom and eat in the car. I travel to Napa at least 3 times a year and it is more brutal at the Gas pump this last year!  :'(  I'm pretty excited to try a new plant so I know everybody probably wants their trees as bad as me.
I don't know if anyone is FAR south like me..I'm in Chula Vista, ManvFruit is in East County I think. Let me know if you are South SD
Depending on the time of inspection/release..I will update the pick up people with my prediction arrival.

Any Paypal donation would be highly appreciated.  Paypal info: Fattygrl@hotmail.com

Fattyfigs

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 25, 2022, 01:17:16 AM »
I see there is a column for location on the order list, but most is not populated. It’d be nice to see how many orders are in SD, how many in OC and LA. If Any picks up for all those locations, it sounds like Joe will pick up for LA, manvsfruit for SD... I don’t mind picking for OC. That would mean any can make 3 drops along the coast on her way down.

Please message me so we can figure a meeting place and I can send my information. As you mentioned you don't mind picking up for OC.  We will want to have list for your group and I can give updates so you can notify your group. I want to only be getting calls from distributors because I don't want to be on the phone while driving.
My email is Kinseya@cox.net
thanks~ Amy

Fattyfigs

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 25, 2022, 01:36:38 AM »

Yes! You will message me the address so I can add my points to make the drop offs fast. I appreciate you taking the LA pick ups! I will give you my phone for when I get close.

Jeramyl SoCal

• USA, CA/So CA, San Diego, 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 25, 2022, 03:09:49 AM »
Thoughts on packaging trees. 

Amy is being pretty nice about everything but this could easily be 9-11 hour drive for her on a weekday, needing to pass north to south through all of LA with stops. 

Would be nice to make it super easy for her on all fronts if she is handling all 4 drop locations. 

What about bagging trees by species and location so that when she gets to a drop off point, the POC just grabs the location/species bag for each type with their location label (for example "LA Biqi Female", "LA DQ Female", etc). 

Another option would be to simply have boxes for each location (LA,OC,SD) with multiple bags of trees inside but labeled by species to keep separate. 

This saves time at each stop by eliminating her and the POC needing to unpack, count and repack each of the different types.  It would also avoid a lot of additional handling on the trees.  The POC would only need to handle their trees instead of all trees being pulled in and out of the bags at each stop.

It still works out to be a massive time savings to bulk package vs individual shipping.  Just makes life easier on everyone's favorite tree delivery person.

Just a thought. 

RevivalR00ts

• US, CA, Corona, 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 25, 2022, 10:28:23 AM »

Amy is being pretty nice about everything but this could easily be 9-11 hour drive for her on a weekday, needing to pass north to south through all of LA with stops. 

Would be nice to make it super easy for her on all fronts if she is handling all 4 drop locations. 

What about bagging trees by species and location so that when she gets to a drop off point, the POC just grabs the location/species bag for each type with their location label (for example "LA Biqi Female", "LA DQ Female", etc). 

Another option would be to simply have boxes for each location (LA,OC,SD) with multiple bags of trees inside but labeled by species to keep separate. 

This saves time at each stop by eliminating her and the POC needing to unpack, count and repack each of the different types.  It would also avoid a lot of additional handling on the trees.  The POC would only need to handle their trees instead of all trees being pulled in and out of the bags at each stop.

It still works out to be a massive time savings to bulk package vs individual shipping.  Just makes life easier on everyone's favorite tree delivery person.

Just a thought.

I agree, i think it would be worthwhile for Amy and Bill to determine how they want to make it easier for the 4 drops Amy will be making. At a bare minimum, boxes for each of the 4 drops would be nice. Then let the POCs handle the rest.

RevivalR00ts

• US, CA, Corona, 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 25, 2022, 10:32:38 AM »
I see there is a column for location on the order list, but most is not populated. It’d be nice to see how many orders are in SD, how many in OC and LA. If Any picks up for all those locations, it sounds like Joe will pick up for LA, manvsfruit for SD... I don’t mind picking for OC. That would mean any can make 3 drops along the coast on her way down.

Please message me so we can figure a meeting place and I can send my information. As you mentioned you don't mind picking up for OC.  We will want to have list for your group and I can give updates so you can notify your group. I want to only be getting calls from distributors because I don't want to be on the phone while driving.
My email is Kinseya@cox.net

The list is what I have been posting. Bill will confirm when everything is final as far as the POCs and their groups. Since we have been communicating in FB messenger, I will give you my number there and maintain coordination as we get closer to the pickup day. The meeting place will be determined on the day you end up picking these up, but it will be along your route.

thanks!

Jeremy (Revivalr00ts)
thanks~ Amy

bill_bayarea

• Campbell, Santa Clara County, CA 95008, plant zone 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 25, 2022, 11:14:21 AM »

Just a thought.

Labels will be attached to each tree this time, and I will put LA trees, SD trees, OC trees marks in the boxes for easy drop off.

Fattyfigs

• View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 25, 2022, 11:29:31 AM »
Thanks Bill that is highly appreciated.
 I appreciate the effort you are putting in to help everyone out. I'm trying to check in here occasionally but I have been messing with fig trees. I'm sure you have additional work along with your planning. I will be getting the car gased up and ready to roll to carry out the efforts of your hard work!

RevivalR00ts

• US, CA, Corona, 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: February 25, 2022, 11:43:09 AM »

Just a thought.

Labels will be attached to each tree this time, and I will put LA trees, SD trees, OC trees marks in the boxes for easy drop off.

When you say labels, what will be indicated? With the names of each person?

bill_bayarea

• View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 25, 2022, 12:08:35 PM »

We will use same color of label for each variety as we did for last time.
For new variety, we will add other type of colors.

Jeramyl SoCal

• USA, CA/So CA, San Diego, 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 25, 2022, 12:28:18 PM »
[/quote]

Great idea Bill.  That really makes it easier for Amy and the POCs on the trip southbound.  Thanks a million.

RevivalR00ts

• US, CA, Corona, 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 25, 2022, 01:09:58 PM »
ATTN SOCAL:

updated

Please review and make sure your info is correct!

We want to make sure things are final before Amy goes to pick up trees in SF.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 11:40:46 AM by RevivalR00ts »

jmart777

• Chula Vista, California Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 25, 2022, 03:50:32 PM »
Please add my trees to the list for pick up in San Diego.  I live in Chula Vista.  Order number 62.

Thank you for all your hard work.

RevivalR00ts

• US, CA, Corona, 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 25, 2022, 03:56:26 PM »
Please add my trees to the list for pick up in San Diego.  I live in Chula Vista.  Order number 62.

Thank you for all your hard work.

updated, added jmart777 for SD pickup

ronke47

• Santa Monica, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 25, 2022, 05:34:07 PM »
Order #26 (SoCal)  I will be picking up at Joe's in El Segundo.  Though if any problems arise, Amy, I could certainly head up to Kevin's to collect the LA orders and bring them to Joe's.  I'm also willing to distribute from Santa Monica, but I don't have Joe's wonderful setup (or RO water)   I also don't have a truck but I do have a Toyota Corolla with a hatchback.  And of course, I am definitely eager to defray your costs.

RevivalR00ts

• US, CA, Corona, 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 25, 2022, 06:00:58 PM »
Order #26 (SoCal)  I will be picking up at Joe's in El Segundo.  Though if any problems arise, Amy, I could certainly head up to Kevin's to collect the LA orders and bring them to Joe's.  I'm also willing to distribute from Santa Monica, but I don't have Joe's wonderful setup (or RO water)   I also don't have a truck but I do have a Toyota Corolla with a hatchback.  And of course, I am definitely eager to defray your costs.

Thanks for confirming, I have you listed for LA pickup (Joe's). As of now, Joe will be meeting with Amy to collect LA orders. If anyone would rather you pick up for them, just have them contact me to reflect that in our SoCal Drop-Off list. 

CA Hockey

• Orange, CA 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 25, 2022, 07:12:51 PM »

We will use same color of label for each variety as we did for last time.
For new variety, we will add other type of colors.

If you run out of color labels or it is difficult to find a different color, just use combinations. Is specific combination can represent a different variety I'm good thank you

bill_bayarea

• View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 25, 2022, 07:23:46 PM »

Thanks for confirming, I have you listed for LA pickup (Joe's). As of now, Joe will be meeting with Amy to collect LA orders. If anyone would rather you pick up for them, just have them contact me to reflect that in our SoCal Drop-Off list.

Jerm, please  add #62 jmart in the SD pick up section in your worksheet.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk