Author Topic: Trade matisia seed  (Read 657 times)

docky

• Haleiwa, hawaii
    • View Profile
Trade matisia seed
« on: September 05, 2022, 05:31:25 PM »
My tree made its first fruit and got taste it today. The flavor was good like sweet pumpkin and the flesh is very juicy. There were 5 seeds but 4 of them were aborted, only one seed is plump. This is a selected variety from Frankie's nursery called "dulce". Open to trades, mostly looking for species of plinia, myrciaria, and garcinia. The tree has a few more fruits that will be ready soon so I may have more of these to trade.

Aloha Zack

Jaboticaba45

• Check out TN Tropical Fruits!
  • Tropical Fruit Tree Connoisseur
    • Chattanooga TN 7b
    • View Profile
Re: Trade matisia seed
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2022, 07:54:27 PM »
I have some eugenia seeds I can trade
Let's work out a deal
I'm interested in a scion if you have any too.

ben mango

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2022, 08:18:42 PM »
Congrats it’s a great one to have, ive eaten it and other varieties in costa rice and Colombia. This one Frankie has I would rate the best quality. the fruits vary a lot in quality from seed. I’m guessing you purchased a grafted tree? How big Is your tree?

palologrower

• Honolulu, HI, US, Zone 12B
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2022, 04:20:10 AM »
Congrats it’s a great one to have, ive eaten it and other varieties in costa rice and Colombia. This one Frankie has I would rate the best quality. the fruits vary a lot in quality from seed. I’m guessing you purchased a grafted tree? How big Is your tree?

Yup.  He grew 20 to fruit and chopped 18-19 and kept the one that was good.  Props to Frankie for putting in the work all those years ago to let us have top notch plants!

docky

• Haleiwa, hawaii
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2022, 01:28:03 AM »

Thanks Ben Mango, yea I was impressed by how much I liked the fruit. Tried it years ago on Big Island but don't remember it tasting that great. The tree I have was grafted and bought from Frankie's. Been growing about 4 or 5 years and still only 5ft tall.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk