Author Topic: Choosing Atemoyas  (Read 493 times)

PrivatePastrami

• USA, California, Oxnard, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
Choosing Atemoyas
« on: September 25, 2022, 11:57:25 PM »
   It is my first time posting on here and I am trying to choose between two atemoya varieties to plant in my yard.
 I live in SoCal zone 10a about 10 to 15 miles from the coast and am choosing between African Pride and Lisa. The main things I am curios about is the taste/texture and the production. I've heard that Lisa is like a sugar apple and has more segmented flesh, also I have read about how African Pride is more similar to a cherimoya. Right now I already have an El Bumpo so I was thinking if the AP is more like a cherimoya I will probably just go with the Lisa.   

spaugh

• San Diego County California
    • View Profile
Re: Choosing Atemoyas
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2022, 12:09:40 AM »
learn to graft and grow them both on 1 tree?  I think any cherimoyas are better than both of these atemoyas but thats just me. I dont think either is more like cherimoya really, they both have the distinct rubbery flavor.  The african pride has more texture and actually does produce pretty nice big and sweet fruit but they are a bit chewy and have the atemoya flavor.

Brad Spaugh

seng

• ManOfFruits
    • USA, Ca, San Diego,92126, Mira Mesa
    • View Profile
Re: Choosing Atemoyas
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2022, 06:00:39 PM »
For me, I prefer Lisa.  Less chewy, more juicy, more segmented like sugar apple.