Author Topic: Cutting quarantine??  (Read 525 times)

Eric Estrada

• USA, CA, Ventura 9b
    • View Profile
Cutting quarantine??
« on: October 06, 2022, 09:14:56 PM »
Hi gardening peeps, I’m hoping to sell pomegranate cuttings on the sales section of the forum. I’m in California. Will I have any issues sending to certain states? Any info helps as it’ll be my first time selling. Thanks  8)

K-Rimes

• Santa Barbara
    • View Profile
Re: Cutting quarantine??
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2022, 02:05:57 PM »
The only one that I believe has quarantine restrictions is Arizona but I believe that is just related to plants with soil? You're just sending "sticks", could be anything.

Galatians522

• Florida 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2022, 08:59:02 PM »
To do it strictly by the book you would need to get a phyto sanitary certificate. You can probably find out more from the California Department of Agriculture.

nattyfroootz

• Santa Cruz California
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2022, 09:36:02 PM »
You likely won't have any issues on the California end although if you did it at large enough quantity you'd want a nursery permit and the permits to ship to states that have ag restrictions. (Snail master permit, Sudden Oak Death, etc.) but not really necessary if you are doing small amounts.  I had a package get abducted by the USDA in Missouri even though I had permits, no idea what happened there. Super weird. Otherwise it's pretty easy shipping plants around with no permits.
Grow cooler fruits

www.wildlandsplants.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk