Author Topic: surinam cherry problem  (Read 614 times)

spike

• Los Angeles
    • View Profile
surinam cherry problem
« on: October 16, 2022, 06:37:02 PM »
I grew some surinam cherries from seeds a few months ago, but the newest set of leaves on this one has some kind of chlorosis. It's doesn't look like interveinal chlorosis though. As well as that, the lower leaves have some small yellow dots, which appeared more recently. Anyone know what's up? Thanks!

Another thing I forgot to add earlier, after the set of leaves with chlorosis, the newest set of leaves dried up when they were still very small. It might be related but I don't know for sure.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 08:50:43 PM by spike »

Ognin525

• Buffalo, ny, zone 5b
    • View Profile
Re: surinam cherry problem
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2022, 09:20:06 PM »
Have you checked the underside of leaves for bugs? Looks like possibly spider mites.
Bill

MasonG31

• Southern California Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2022, 10:45:55 PM »
Ditto that. Looks like some kind of mite. My Surinam Cherry trees are a magnet for mites, but you can easily wipe them off of spray them off.  It doesn’t affect the tree much overall.

spike

• Los Angeles
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2022, 10:21:02 PM »
The yellow spots on the lower leaves seem to be caused by scale, interestingly they seemed to be mostly limited to that one plant. Couldn't see any mites though.

Kevin Jones

• Alabama - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2022, 09:54:45 AM »
Keep in mind that Spider Mites are very small and may look like faint dust on the leaves.
Hit them hard and regularly with hose water.

Kevin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk