Author Topic: Is anyone working on a Dragon fruit breeding line?  (Read 595 times)

Filozophr

• Royal Palm Beach
    • View Profile
Is anyone working on a Dragon fruit breeding line?
« on: November 16, 2022, 04:48:34 PM »
Similar to the Asunta line, is anyone working on their range of hybrids or breeding line for special traits such as the sweetest fruit, fastest-growing, (I forgot the term but) a plant that flowers early or heavily, etc.
My first hybrid to start my breeding line is Monocanthus x Undatus

If you do breed df, what tips do you have? What genetics to get into my line next? what genetics to leave out? These were just some questions I thought of just now.
Feel free to pm me if you have any ANNONACEAE for sale‼️

Galatians522

• Florida 9b
    • View Profile
Re: Is anyone working on a Dragon fruit breeding line?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2022, 07:48:39 PM »
Similar to the Asunta line, is anyone working on their range of hybrids or breeding line for special traits such as the sweetest fruit, fastest-growing, (I forgot the term but) a plant that flowers early or heavily, etc.
My first hybrid to start my breeding line is Monocanthus x Undatus

If you do breed df, what tips do you have? What genetics to get into my line next? what genetics to leave out? These were just some questions I thought of just now.

What genetics do you intend to incorporate from that species? I have often pondered if there could be viable hybrids with columnar cacti. That would eliminate the need for trellising.

K-Rimes

• Santa Barbara
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2022, 04:28:16 PM »
I would love a Peruvian apple x dragonfruit that is columnar but with better fruit quality. I have tried various times to pollinate them with each other and no success but it seems they would be quite close.

spaugh

• San Diego County California
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2022, 06:58:57 PM »
Hello, I have not done it but i have a few crosses in mind, maybe someday... 

I suggest you cross S8 with dark star.  And also S8 with yellow skin undatus.  Also yellow skin udatus with darkstar. 
Brad Spaugh