Author Topic: Honeybell orange  (Read 16162 times)

zands

• mango_zango
    • Zone 10b, Florida, USA, 33321
    • View Profile
Re: Honeybell orange
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2012, 08:58:28 PM »
I have been buying incredible large Honeybells at the local market at 35cts each! The are not "#1 grade "beauty fruits" but very delicious. This place also sells sugar apples, Mamey sapote, rambutans, guavas, sapodillas and all kinds of other local stuff in the summertime and it's so close I can go there on my bike.   

What place would that be?

JF

• North OC California Zone 10B/America Tropical 13A
    • 90631/97000
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2012, 10:49:52 PM »
[Absolutely true. Later citrus is more sweet than early citrus. Indian River is a better place for prime citrus than South Florida. California citrus pales in comparison:( At least the Cali citrus that gets deported to the East Coast maybe the good ones are kept at home......
[/quote]

I don't see how that can be....

JF

FloridaGreenMan

• Fort Lauderdale FL Zone 10B
    • Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2012, 08:27:17 PM »
The local place where I buy my fruit is called Doris Italian Market. Located in several locations in Broward & Palm Beach counties, they carry a nice assortment of Homestead grown fruits-veggies most of the year. During July, they sell some awesome Guatemalan grown Rambutans for $7lb.     
FloridaGreenMan

mangomandan

• When a man is tired of mangos, he is tired of life
    • USA, Lake Worth, Florida, 33461, 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2012, 09:12:23 PM »
The local place where I buy my fruit is called Doris Italian Market. Located in several locations in Broward & Palm Beach counties, they carry a nice assortment of Homestead grown fruits-veggies most of the year. During July, they sell some awesome Guatemalan grown Rambutans for $7lb.     

Good to know!  BTW, does Doris make a good cannoli?

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2012, 10:18:43 PM »

Good to know!  BTW, does Doris make a good cannoli?
NO
- Rob

Tomas

• USA, Virginia - 7a
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2012, 12:48:09 PM »
Yeah, I have also been gobbling Honeybells lately. I am waiting for the Golden Nugget mandarins to hit the market. That's my favorite. If I remember right it should be soon.

Tomas

zands

• mango_zango
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2012, 04:13:35 PM »

Thanks! I know the exact location in Coral Springs and have been in there.... I did not look close enough.   Stiles Mkt on Oakland Park Blvd one mile west of 441 is very well stocked with connections to Florida farmers. The huge Swap Shop flea market is always good with backyard produce and Florida produce

zands

• mango_zango
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2012, 03:28:03 AM »

Was just there today at Doris Coral Springs location and bought some limes @2/dollar which you would think is expensive.  But they were so enormous I bought a few. They were so ugly they must be local grown.   Z   
Stiles Mkt on Oakland Pk Blvd goes very very local w lots of Florida in season suppliers
Swap Shop is  even better with backyard suppliers  (some at least) During a mango drought year I went there and found lotsa  backyard mangoes
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 03:34:25 AM by zands »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk