Author Topic: Potassium nitrate worked!  (Read 16109 times)

happyisland

• all mangoes, all the time!
    • Aruba, Mon Plaisir, Zone 14a
    • View Profile
Potassium nitrate worked!
« on: March 09, 2013, 05:10:56 PM »
I have had an inexplicably difficult time getting my mango trees to fruit. So I started the potassium nitrate spraying regimen (from another thread on this forum). Last week was the last of the 4 weeks of spraying, and guess what? Today I found the first blooms on my biggest two trees!

So excited!

The VP, so you can see how big it is. How is it possible this thing has never flowered before?

A representative flower. Weirdly, the whole bottom six feet or so has flowers, with nothing on higher branches (yet?)

Here's the only flower (so far!) on the Edward. I know this is pretty lame for you guys who are constantly inundated with fruit, but I've waited a LONG time for this! Woo hoo!

Tropicalgrower89

• Zone 11a, Florida
    • Pembroke Pines, FL, 33024, 10b
    • View Profile
Re: Potassium nitrate worked!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 05:38:36 PM »
Congrats!  :)
Alexi

mario

• phoenix az Zone9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 11:25:20 PM »
Thats awsome. Congrats , what did u use and how many times? I need to do this too

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 11:33:48 PM »
Great to hear it. Please tell us exactly what concentration you used and how you sprayed it. I think i need to try this here to increase the pathetic fruit production.
Oscar

MangoFang

• Palm Springs, CA, Zone 9B
  • Palm Springs, CA
    • Riverside, Palm Springs/CA, 92264,9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 01:42:35 AM »
ah.....happy times on the happy island!

Congrats and now let's see if the fruit holds on the tree -
do keep us posted!

Fang

ofdsurfer

• Melbourne Beach FL 32951 10A
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 07:45:32 AM »
Does anyone know why this isn't supposed to work outside the tropics?  Is it related to day lenght like a lot of tropical veggies?  I know that tropical veggies, chayote, winged bean, can be fooled into flowering early by only allowing a certain amount of sunlight then covering them.  I don't have any container mangoes but it would be a good experiment for somebody to try.  Limiting day light and spraying with potassium nitrate.  Winter Pickering mangoes from a mid summer bloom would be nice.

happyisland

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 08:37:48 AM »
Here's all I did:

Around 2 tablespoons of potassium nitrate powder per gallon of water, sprayed thoroughly over all leaves. I did this once a week for four weeks, and magically on the fifth week I had some flowers!

Caveat: I have ten other trees that are still flower-less.

So now I'm wondering if I should continue weekly applications on the unproductive trees, or if there's some reason that 4 weeks are what is recommended in the commercial agriculture method.

puglvr1

• USA, Central, FL xxxxx, Zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2013, 09:04:17 AM »
Awesome  ;D!! Congrats...I'm very happy for you. Its so exciting to see blooms for sure...Good luck!!

murahilin

• Administrator
    • USA Greenacres, Florida Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2013, 09:18:58 AM »
You should do an experiment next time, only spraying half of each tree for the 4 weeks to see if you can get half of the tree to flower and then in a few weeks you start spraying the other side to see if the other half will flower and you can get a staggered crop.

zands

• mango_zango
    • Zone 10b, Florida, USA, 33321
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2013, 10:26:07 AM »
Glad you succeeded!

I take it those were also sprayed with the KNO3?
Someone in FL or California should see if it works here, even though they say it doesn't. My guess is it works, but not as dramatically and maybe you have to dose the tree a few more weeks than in the tropics

If I had some on hand I would give it a try next year---  2lbs for $12 on eBay.

[PDF] Potassium nitrate and urea sprays showed an impact on flowering ...upetd.up.ac.za/thesis/available/etd-01142005.../07chapter7.pdfFile Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat
by TB Yeshitela - 2005
CHAPTER 7. POTASSIUM NITRATE AND UREA SPRAYS AFFECTED FLOWERING.  AND YIELDS OF 'TOMMY ATKINS' MANGO IN ETHIOPIA. 7.1 ABSTRACT ...
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 10:44:50 AM by zands »

mario

• phoenix az Zone9
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2013, 10:29:37 AM »
What brand did u use?

puglvr1

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2013, 10:52:44 AM »
Question? Is Potassium nitrate the same as Plant Doctor aka Phyto Fos?

http://organiclabs.com/Images/LabelImages/Phyto%20Fos%200-0-18.pdf

happyisland

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2013, 11:57:43 AM »
The potassium nitrate (KNO3) I used was repackaged by the local garden center. It's a white powder that they sell (cheaply) in little plastic tubs.

Now that I know that it works I'm definitely going to experiment in the future along the lines Sheehan recommended above. How great would it be to have a single tree fruiting for many months?

Question for everyone: on both my Edward and VP, the only blooms so far are on the lowest branches. Does anyone know if this is typical?

zands

• mango_zango
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2013, 01:49:33 PM »

not the same

Tropicalgrower89

• Zone 11a, Florida
    • Pembroke Pines, FL, 33024, 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2013, 01:56:52 PM »
Glad you succeeded!

Someone in FL or California should see if it works here, even though they say it doesn't. My guess is it works, but not as dramatically and maybe you have to dose the tree a few more weeks than in the tropics

[PDF] Potassium nitrate and urea sprays showed an impact on flowering ...upetd.up.ac.za/thesis/available/etd-01142005.../07chapter7.pdfFile Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat
by TB Yeshitela - 2005
CHAPTER 7. POTASSIUM NITRATE AND UREA SPRAYS AFFECTED FLOWERING.  AND YIELDS OF 'TOMMY ATKINS' MANGO IN ETHIOPIA. 7.1 ABSTRACT ...

Do you know the proper application rate/measurements of KNO3? I'm thinking about using it on my lemon zest.
Alexi

bobbyjo

• Canada, Toronto, 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2013, 02:01:23 PM »

not the same

Agree with Zands - they are not the same.  Potassium nitrate is KNO3, Plant Doctor aka Phyto Fos is made up of K2O and potassium phosphite (K3PO3).

puglvr1

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2013, 02:42:09 PM »
Thanks Zands and Bobbyjo!  :) 

fruitnursery

• Philippines
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2013, 08:31:17 PM »
The potassium nitrate (KNO3) I used was repackaged by the local garden center. It's a white powder that they sell (cheaply) in little plastic tubs.

Now that I know that it works I'm definitely going to experiment in the future along the lines Sheehan recommended above. How great would it be to have a single tree fruiting for many months?

Question for everyone: on both my Edward and VP, the only blooms so far are on the lowest branches. Does anyone know if this is typical?

Hi,

The best time to spray Potassium Nitrate is when the leaves of the mango tree are already mature.   To know if it's already mature is when the leaves are very green and have a crunchiness in it when you shred it.

So it is possible that the leaves of the upper branches haven't matured yet.  Or probably the Potassium nitrate you have used is not that effective or potent depends on your climate though.  If you area is very humid, you must have a higher concentration of Pottasium Nitrate.  The drier the area the less concentration can be used.

Another factor is the brand of the Potassium Nitrate.  Sometimes there are better Potassium Nitrate brands being used commercially for mango producing countries.  The best brand is Haifa from Israel.  The reason is that in Israel, they also use KNO3 for there mango production and they have added a surfactant in there Haifa Brand.  Potassium Nitrate with surfactants are more effective because they stick in the leaves and do not leach in the ground.

Just wanna commend your effort on trying to flower induce an Edwards and VP mango. :) This makes my experiment more easy on the edwards mango. :)
Tropical fruit collector enthusiast

fruitnursery

• Philippines
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2013, 08:44:06 PM »
Hi,

You can also use calcium nitrate as an alternative as flower inducer for mango trees.  Though Potassium Nitrate is more potent, calcium nitrate can also be effective as KNO3 is used properly in dosages.   By the way, not every mango tree variety can be flower induced. Mango varieties that are shy bearer or biennial fruiting are more effective in flower inducing using Potassium Nitrate. 
Tropical fruit collector enthusiast

bangkok

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2013, 10:54:56 PM »
I 've got a kilo of 13-0-46 here from the brand Pro(R)-mango and it is a turqoise fine crystal-powder.

It has 13% N and 46% K2O but nowhere on the bag they write about KNO3. Is this the same product as KNO3?

I can't read the instructions because they are in Thai language. It costed 3us$ by the way.

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2013, 01:18:23 AM »
I 've got a kilo of 13-0-46 here from the brand Pro(R)-mango and it is a turqoise fine crystal-powder.

It has 13% N and 46% K2O but nowhere on the bag they write about KNO3. Is this the same product as KNO3?

I can't read the instructions because they are in Thai language. It costed 3us$ by the way.

No, potassium nitrate is not a fertilizer, so it's not going to come in a fertilizer bag.
Oscar

bangkok

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2013, 01:37:39 AM »

No, potassium nitrate is not a fertilizer, so it's not going to come in a fertilizer bag.

I have no idea what a fertilizer bag is but it is in a plastic bag with a big picture of a mango-flower on it and small pic's of mango's. If i recall well my wife told me to spray this product to induce flowering.
I will ask her again what the description is and how to use this product.

In Thailand they just do something, they don't have any rules to follow about fertilizers or whatever. Unfortunately even the big European brands do not include an instruction guide in English and if you mail them and ask for it you don't get any reply.

A Thai friend of mine sold fertilizers all his life and is retired now, he did not know that grass is grown from seed to give an example. He drove a big German car so i guess he sold a lot in his career.

happyisland

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2013, 07:59:42 AM »
Fruitnursery, I'm glad my experimentation helped.

Thanks for the idea on why I'm getting such a weird fruiting pattern. Now that you mention it I'm sure you're right. The lower branches are more mature and have darker leaves, etc, just like you mentioned.

bangkok

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2013, 09:14:08 AM »
My Promango bag is potassiumnitrate that's what they write in Thai language. Also good to spray on cucumber and cabbage and vegy they write.

Amazing Thailand....

zands

• mango_zango
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2013, 09:20:04 AM »
Glad you succeeded!

by TB Yeshitela - 2005

Do you know the proper application rate/measurements of KNO3? I'm thinking about using it on my lemon zest.

happy island said he used>>>>>>Around 2 tablespoons of potassium nitrate powder per gallon of water, sprayed thoroughly over all leaves. I did this once a week for four weeks, and magically on the fifth week I had some flowers!

I might try next year. Prolly too late for this year? Urea and a surfactant will help so it seems. Ebay has many size bags KNO3 being sold with some marked soluble but I would think all are if they are in powder form

Tropicdude

• Broward County, Florida, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2013, 12:45:50 PM »
Spraying of KN03 also has to be timed right,  and this will vary depending on the location and variety of tree.

Below is an excellent report on trials done with KN03.  with information on concentrations and results with other nitrate based sprays. there are also charts in this PPT presentation that shows the effectiveness of KN03 application on different varieties.  Note. this is a industry presentation, so they are biased, but I have seen other reports with similar findings.  there is also information on KN03 for other crops like Litchi .

http://www.kno3.org/images/pna/pdf/PPT%20Non-nutritional%20applications%20of%20potassium%20nitrate%2029.10.10%20ENG.pdf

I think your KN03 sprays were a bit late for Aruba, I am glad you had some success though. 

Next time after the post harvest pruning, wait for the new growth to be around 4-5 months, then spray your KN03,  you may have to experiment with different concentrations, 1-4%  ( sometimes more is not better ). this may be different for each variety.   local commercial farmer usually only have 1 variety of tree, so they know already exactly what the best concentration, and the date they should spray.  I believe they do this around December here in the DR.
William
" The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago.....The second best time, is now ! "

happyisland

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2013, 03:42:14 PM »
Spraying of KN03 also has to be timed right,  and this will vary depending on the location and variety of tree.

Below is an excellent report on trials done with KN03.  with information on concentrations and results with other nitrate based sprays. there are also charts in this PPT presentation that shows the effectiveness of KN03 application on different varieties.  Note. this is a industry presentation, so they are biased, but I have seen other reports with similar findings.  there is also information on KN03 for other crops like Litchi .

http://www.kno3.org/images/pna/pdf/PPT%20Non-nutritional%20applications%20of%20potassium%20nitrate%2029.10.10%20ENG.pdf

I think your KN03 sprays were a bit late for Aruba, I am glad you had some success though. 

Next time after the post harvest pruning, wait for the new growth to be around 4-5 months, then spray your KN03,  you may have to experiment with different concentrations, 1-4%  ( sometimes more is not better ). this may be different for each variety.   local commercial farmer usually only have 1 variety of tree, so they know already exactly what the best concentration, and the date they should spray.  I believe they do this around December here in the DR.

Cool presentation. Particularly interesting that it's not understood exactly why KNO3 induces flowering.

I appreciate your thoughts on timing KNO3 application too. This year I didn't really try to time it, but just saw the season slipping away and panicked.  :D

Tropicdude

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2013, 03:51:08 PM »
Funny thing is that after seeing your post, I went out a sprayed my trees,   I did not have any KNO3 but I do have a 15-5-45 which is similar to a product in that report.  my NDM looks like it may flower for the first time, tips are swelling and look a bit different from previous times, so fingers are crossed. at minimum, the foliar spray may help with holding the flowers and fruit.
William
" The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago.....The second best time, is now ! "

bangkok

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2013, 12:19:48 AM »
Funny thing is that after seeing your post, I went out a sprayed my trees,   I did not have any KNO3 but I do have a 15-5-45 which is similar to a product in that report.  my NDM looks like it may flower for the first time, tips are swelling and look a bit different from previous times, so fingers are crossed. at minimum, the foliar spray may help with holding the flowers and fruit.

That's funny because spraying KNO3 has a negative effect on NDM mango's according to the results of this report.

It works on almost all mango's except NDM.

Tropicdude

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2013, 02:37:40 AM »

That's funny because spraying KNO3 has a negative effect on NDM mango's according to the results of this report.

It works on almost all mango's except NDM.

I noticed that,  I think its all about getting the timing and dosage right for each variety, I only used a low concentration, about 1 teaspoon per gallon  more for nutrient purpose and not as a flower initiator,  if you apply nitrogen at the wrong time you could definitely stimulate foliage growth and not flowering.   I haven't done the calculations yet , but I believe I would have to use the same dosage as happyisland,  around 2 tablespoons per gallon.  I will have to look at the product label again.  its always a pain as these products are usually "liter per Ha"  or 1 liter per 1000 liters water in many cases.
William

happyisland

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2013, 09:47:42 AM »
Now my NDM4 is blooming for the first time ever!

bangkok

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2013, 10:05:09 AM »

Great! I hope for you it is a green NDM variety because they taste better then the golden. Don't fertilise with N no more now and don't water irregular or the fruits might collapse

I would not use kno3 as a fertiliser because your tree will have a shorter life if this is used often. I have no idea how old a grafted mangotree or one from seed can get by the way.

happyisland

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2013, 10:58:06 AM »

Great! I hope for you it is a green NDM variety because they taste better then the golden. Don't fertilise with N no more now and don't water irregular or the fruits might collapse

I would not use kno3 as a fertiliser because your tree will have a shorter life if this is used often. I have no idea how old a grafted mangotree or one from seed can get by the way.

Thanks for the warning about using KNO3 too much - I am definitely thrilled how well it has worked, and am tempted to overuse it in the future.

When you say not to water irregularly what do you mean exactly? It is dry season here, the tree is still small (around 5 feet tall, though it has been in the ground for a couple years), and I have not been watering it at all. Should I start watering it on a regular basis while it flowers and fruits?

Tropicdude

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2013, 11:43:08 AM »
NDM are infamous for splitting,  they say its because of irregular watering,   I think you want to keep the soil lightly moist now, no heavy cycles of dry and wet.    I can see where this may be a problem in Floridas sandy soils, as they can dry out quick between watering.  how is your soil? does it retain moisture well or dry out quickly.  if yuo have a high water table, and the tree already has tapped a water source, you may not need t water at all.

From what i have gathered from other posts, the NDM #4 is more prone to splitting fruit, compared to the regular NDM.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 11:45:11 AM by Tropicdude »
William

happyisland

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2013, 07:04:32 PM »
We have clay soil, and almost no rainfall at this time of year, but I haven't been watering the NDM and it seems ok. I think I'll switch to hand-watering it once a week, just to keep it hydrated. We're so close to sea level that I'd imagine the water table is quite close to the surface.

happyisland

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2013, 08:46:13 PM »
And now my Alphonso is getting in on the action! It's fruiting for the first time ever, around 7 weeks after I started weekly KNO3 applications. I'm getting pretty excited down here!

zands

• mango_zango
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2013, 09:52:55 PM »
It's about time you got redemption. Mango redemption.

Tropicdude

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2013, 11:32:26 PM »
Good now we have Alphonsos fruiting in Aruba and California, I look forward to a review on these,  my container NDM still has not pushed out anything, but the terminals are swelling, I hope it flowers.
William

happyisland

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2013, 07:56:47 AM »
It's about time you got redemption. Mango redemption.

Damn right!

happyisland

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2013, 07:58:41 AM »
Good now we have Alphonsos fruiting in Aruba and California, I look forward to a review on these,  my container NDM still has not pushed out anything, but the terminals are swelling, I hope it flowers.

Alphonso is supposed to be pretty bad, when grown in Florida, right? I have a good feeling about Aruba-grown though, since it's so dry down here. I'm hoping our prolonged drought season will mimic the conditions that the tree likes back in its homeland. Have you ever had a Dominican-grown Alphonso?

Tropicdude

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2013, 12:31:17 PM »

Alphonso is supposed to be pretty bad, when grown in Florida, right? I have a good feeling about Aruba-grown though, since it's so dry down here. I'm hoping our prolonged drought season will mimic the conditions that the tree likes back in its homeland. Have you ever had a Dominican-grown Alphonso?

No I have not tried any Alphonso yet.  I do not think Alphonso is considered bad, in Fla. my take is that it just not as good as one grown in India, and is just mediocre in Florida.  I have two potted Alphonso, and I am going to give one away to a friend that lives in a semi arid area of the country, I think they will do best there.

I did some research on climatic in the area where Alphonso grows best in India, for the most part , these trees get almost no rain all through the fruit development stage, fruit is picked just before the monsoon rains,  I think some flood irrigation is used in the driest areas/periods.   so its like no rain until after harvest, then you have rain almost non stop for 3 months.

I have high expectations on the Kesar, here in the city where we get more rain, I think it will do better, I will try and do an approach graft, so i can give one to a friend on the north coast where generally mangoes for plantations are not recommended, because it rains a lot, and soils are heavier.

Anyway, good luck on all your trees,  for the Alphonso you may just want to give them only enough water, this may be the "trick" for better flavor.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 12:33:14 PM by Tropicdude »
William

happyisland

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2013, 08:44:51 PM »

No I have not tried any Alphonso yet.  I do not think Alphonso is considered bad, in Fla. my take is that it just not as good as one grown in India, and is just mediocre in Florida.  I have two potted Alphonso, and I am going to give one away to a friend that lives in a semi arid area of the country, I think they will do best there.

I did some research on climatic in the area where Alphonso grows best in India, for the most part , these trees get almost no rain all through the fruit development stage, fruit is picked just before the monsoon rains,  I think some flood irrigation is used in the driest areas/periods.   so its like no rain until after harvest, then you have rain almost non stop for 3 months.

I have high expectations on the Kesar, here in the city where we get more rain, I think it will do better, I will try and do an approach graft, so i can give one to a friend on the north coast where generally mangoes for plantations are not recommended, because it rains a lot, and soils are heavier.

Anyway, good luck on all your trees,  for the Alphonso you may just want to give them only enough water, this may be the "trick" for better flavor.

that sounds perfect, since we won't get any rain down here until September or so. I won't give it any water myself unless it looks like it's about to shrivel up. Any chance it would drop its fruit if it got super dry, or would the leaves start to curl before that?

My wife has a ton of Indian friends, and I'm hoping my Alphonsos turn out great so I can blow their minds with a taste of home!  :)

Tropicdude

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2013, 09:05:14 PM »
I bet that they would never admit it is as good as one grown from the homeland, even if it is :)  don't want to kill your tree, I think a bit of water now and then is ok, specially when the fruits are just starting so they do not drop.  I have no personal experience,  but like many other fruits, it makes sense to restrict water toward the later stages, to build flavor.
William

harveyc

• Isleton, Calif (Sunset zone 14, USDA 9b)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2013, 12:52:45 AM »
I believe I read above where Oscar wrote that potassium nitrate is not a fertilizer.  I've previously purchased a potassium nitrate product for a foliar spray program in my chestnut orchard.  Here is the MSDS on the product I have on hand: http://www.ncmissouri.edu/hea/barton_epaosha/39036_MSDS_PotassiumNitrate.pdf  I have about 100 pounds of it now in two bags and have mostly used it to fertilize my banana plants since I'm not continuing with that foliar program ($$$$).

Tropicdude

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2013, 02:00:04 AM »
I believe I read above where Oscar wrote that potassium nitrate is not a fertilizer.  I've previously purchased a potassium nitrate product for a foliar spray program in my chestnut orchard.  Here is the MSDS on the product I have on hand: http://www.ncmissouri.edu/hea/barton_epaosha/39036_MSDS_PotassiumNitrate.pdf  I have about 100 pounds of it now in two bags and have mostly used it to fertilize my banana plants since I'm not continuing with that foliar program ($$$$).

Potassium Nitrate can definitely  be used as a fertilizer and has been used as such for a long time and all over the world ,  now how cost effective it is compared to other types of fertilizer , is a good question.   I have not heard of anyone using KN03 as part of the main fertilizing program here, so my guess its just too expensive to use it that way, I have only seen it used for the flowering sync, and stuff mentioned above.  here is more info on KN03 from those that promote it.

http://www.kno3.org/en/product-features-a-benefits/potassium-nitrate-product-features-and-benefits-overview

William

bangkok

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2013, 03:18:07 AM »
 N-P2O5-K2O (13-0-46) is what i have from the Promango brand. I didn;t know that this is also KNO3.

The description (in thai language) tells to  also use it in the soil and also for other plants.

I will try it as fertilizer next season.

mikesid

• Zone 10B/11a - East Boynton Beach - Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2013, 09:12:36 AM »
You can buy KN03 here in the states as a product called Stump Remover, made by Spectracide...like 6 bucks a pound...you can get at any big box store.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk