Author Topic: Pitomba Eugenia luschnathiana, anyone anyone?  (Read 17146 times)

huertasurbanas

• Junín, Argentina, zone 9b/9a
    • View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Re: Pitomba Eugenia luschnathiana, anyone anyone?
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2016, 01:37:39 PM »
about pitanga tuba, I think I protected mine very well and have it in FULL FULL sun, no break!

and fertilize like jabo, light and often, with acid organic, holly tone espoma, and turfpro micro nutritional spray.

About pitomba, some people don't water enough, and it won't fruit...kind of like jabo!

;)

Hi, so, this is the "secret" of your beautiful jaboticabas?! I should do it now! It's a shame I cant buy those products here, but it would not be impossible to do something similar: compost tea and so on...

Would you recommend to spray with 4-3-4 (as holly tone spoma) and a compost tea? pine needles?
ONLINE SHOP:

https://www.huertasurbanas.com/shop

30% Discount Coupon: FIRST

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
  • www.FlyingFoxFruits.com
    • USA, FEMA Region IV, FL Zone 9a
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2016, 01:19:43 PM »
I don't think you will have the same issues that I have...but depends on which species you are trying to grow.

your native soil might be better than mine....does it have low pH, and red color?

all you really need is some decent fertilizer, make sure nitrogen content is not too high, and don't over fertilize.

and maybe some chelated Fe, if your soil is not acid (or if your irrigation water is treated with chemicals, like chlorine, which raise pH)

then you must keep them warm if needed, and in appropriate light levels, depending on species you are growing, and age of plants.

about pitanga tuba, I think I protected mine very well and have it in FULL FULL sun, no break!

and fertilize like jabo, light and often, with acid organic, holly tone espoma, and turfpro micro nutritional spray.

About pitomba, some people don't water enough, and it won't fruit...kind of like jabo!

;)

Hi, so, this is the "secret" of your beautiful jaboticabas?! I should do it now! It's a shame I cant buy those products here, but it would not be impossible to do something similar: compost tea and so on...

Would you recommend to spray with 4-3-4 (as holly tone spoma) and a compost tea? pine needles?
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

https://www.ebay.com/usr/flyingfoxfruits

www.youtube.com/FlyingFoxFruits

https://www.instagram.com/flyingfoxfruits/
I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

huertasurbanas

• Junín, Argentina, zone 9b/9a
    • View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2016, 01:43:09 PM »
Thanks Adam, I didnt measured the pH level yet, I am a dumb newbie in this subject, but the paulista jaboticaba never had a single problem and it was planted on the garden soil some time ago... so I believe that the soil is not too bad (it has lots of worms...). (not red soil neither, red soils are from Misiones, far from here)

Maybe I was wrong about adding too much compost to the poted trees, as I read that compost makes the soil more alcaline... so I bought some pinocha and sphagnum and I will be adding it when I repot... for now I am using that as mulch for poted jabos (dont know if it really works as mulch)

and watering with just rain water and chelated iron all the ones that got bad (cabelluda, some others that seem to be sabara, coronata, grimal and vexator)

They seem to recover slowly, but I dont want to fail again in the soil subject.

Also, I bought an italian fertilizer that is low on nirogen and it is organic, something like 4-15-3, and fertilized ALL my trees with that... hope it works :S

« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 12:12:21 PM by huertasurbanas »
ONLINE SHOP:

https://www.huertasurbanas.com/shop

30% Discount Coupon: FIRST