Author Topic: Issue resolved  (Read 572 times)

Dada

• Ecuador
    • View Profile
Issue resolved
« on: April 11, 2023, 10:54:02 AM »
Hi all,
I just ordered some budwood from him and paid with paypal. Strangely afterwards I get a message from someone completely different saying that he has not received payment.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2023, 01:21:40 PM by Dada »

Mark B

• Miami, FL
    • View Profile
Re: Is MarkLee a Scammer?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2023, 11:12:06 AM »
I've had several good experiences ordering from Mark Lee

Dada

• Ecuador
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2023, 11:27:09 AM »
I've had several good experiences ordering from Mark Lee
Here is what happened maybe some of the moderators can help us to clarify this issue.
I looked up the Buy and Sell list and saw MarkLee offering Cherimoya budwood Selma and more I made my order with him he gave me his paypal I transferred the money to him and then all of a sudden I get a message from Paul gozp saying that he has not received the money. I asked him how he knew what I ordered he did not reply and just said that I send the money to the wrong person and if I still wanted the budwood I would have to pay him. Strangely after that I noticed that the original post with the name Annona budwood was not anymore under MarkLee but now it is under gozp.
Any clues ?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2023, 11:42:52 AM by Dada »

ScottR

• USA,Arroyo Grande,Calif. 93420,zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2023, 11:42:04 AM »
Mark Lee is no scammer he has been a from members for many many years don't be calling members scammers until you can prove it!!
Maybe he got hacked???

John B

• USA, San Diego, CA, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2023, 11:43:38 AM »
Mark is NOT a scammer. He is a VERY reputable collector and seller. Not sure exactly what you mean by someone else contacted you but maybe your getting scammed by someone else. I noticed you're also concerned about the BuddyTape order. Unlike AKME, these guys are legit so give it time or find another way to contact them. Mark prefers text/phone.

Tlaloc

• https://www.instagram.com/laloscorner/
    • Spacex, CA 10B and EAFB 8B
    • View Profile
    • Lalo's Corner
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2023, 11:46:34 AM »
The real Mark Lee is no scammer. I've gotten bud wood from him in two occasions.

skhan

• United States, Florida, Coral Springs, 10b
    • View Profile
    • Videos of Garden
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2023, 11:53:18 AM »
There are two separate posts selling annona budwood.
gozp - https://tropicalfruitforum.com/index.php?topic=50428.0
marktlee - https://tropicalfruitforum.com/index.php?topic=50348.0

Perhaps you might have confused them and PM'd or even paid the wrong person.

My 2 cents below:
I'm not sure how long ago this was but I would a few days and hopefully this type of miscommunication resolves itself.
Also even when going public phrasing the question a little more delicately would be nice. "How was your buying experience with ..."

MarktLee

• USA, California, Chula Vista Z24
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2023, 12:27:45 PM »
Hi all,
I just ordered some budwood from him and paid with paypal. Strangely afterwards I get a message from someone completly different saying that he has not received payment.

Whoa there! I am no scammer. I never received payment from you. You obviously sent the payment to someone else. I was waiting to hear back from you for the scions you asked about. Please post a screen shot of who you sent the payment to. Hopefully you got your payment back. My forum name is MarkTLee.

JakeFruit

• Mod Emeritus
  • FL Gulf Coast Fruit Lover Spam Fighter
    • zone 10A
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2023, 12:31:05 PM »
Asking if someone is a scammer is not the same as declaring them a scammer in a thread title, no problem with Dada's thread starter. It seems Dada is just looking for reassurance and guidance; please put yourself in their situation (thinking you might have just lost some non-trivial amount of money) and respond appropriately. Skhan seems to have figured out what the issue likely is.

Dada, please follow up on this thread with the resolution of your situation.

Dada

• Ecuador
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2023, 01:17:29 PM »
Asking if someone is a scammer is not the same as declaring them a scammer in a thread title, no problem with Dada's thread starter. It seems Dada is just looking for reassurance and guidance; please put yourself in their situation (thinking you might have just lost some non-trivial amount of money) and respond appropriately. Skhan seems to have figured out what the issue likely is.

Dada, please follow up on this thread with the resolution of your situation.
Hi all
My sincere apologies to Mark. The problem got sorted out. There was technical issue with paypal due to which the transfer of funds was delayed.

gozp

• West Hills, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2023, 01:22:21 PM »
I gave my correct info regarding sending the payment for the scions i listed.

I have not received any payment from Dada when he claimed he did. I asked him to take a screenshot & transaction ID as well his paypal email to search for the transaction which i did not find.

I notified Dada & stated he accidentally sent to someone else.

And as for MarkLee, i know he is a reputable guy.

If there are any problems with the transaction that Dada made, i am in no way responsible for the incorrect payment that was sent on his part.

JakeFruit

• Mod Emeritus
  • FL Gulf Coast Fruit Lover Spam Fighter
    • zone 10A
    • View Profile
Re: Issue resolved
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2023, 01:27:53 PM »
Seems it's all sorted now, mistakes happen.